It's finally here!
This has been a long time coming. Almost a year ago, v2.0 was a vague idea in our heads. We knew what we wanted to put into the game, but it was a vague idea. We worked for 6-8 months on v1.77, and with every day, v2.0 seemed to slip further and further away.
Back to Basics: Modular Combat 2.0.0
The extra .0 stands for everything we've always wanted to do with Modular Combat, but we always kept getting ahead of ourselves. Yeah, we scrapped all the changes we made in the last year... BUT DON'T WORRY. Bit by bit, we will adding them back in and getting your feedback as we go along.
Here are 2.0.0's changes:
- New maps: dm_backbone, dm_datacore, dm_deadtrack
- Scoreboard now shows current map & gamemode
- Fixed teleport blockers
- Aperture faction buff now gives auxilary power instead of armor regeneration
- Module: Flechette. Fire a burst of hunter darts.
- Completely rewrote suit storage code. All account and suit information is now stored by SQL. Player databases now handle different version of Modular Combat, meaning that server owners won't need to reset their servers ever again.
- Players now get experience for monsters that they damaged that are killed by other monsters
- Various UI updates and changes