It's that time of the year again, so we're letting you know what's up.
In the past few months we've been doing great strides on the multiplayer part, since we're planning to release the multiplayer beta in the near future.Here's how some of the things will work out:
- Every player will need a username and a key for the beta. The username will be most likely the forum user.
- Multiplayer keys will be limited initially, but as we sort out potential issues we will invite more and more players.
- The build that we're going to give you for the multiplayer beta will be free to download by everybody. However, access to the servers will be limited by the keys. If you want to make single-player mods however, you will be free to do so.
- We plan to release the first public version of the tools at around the same time with the multiplayer beta. However, the tools will be free to use by everybody, so all modders can get an early start with Heresy War.
- We're going to change the website to allow an unique login between the site and the forum. This will allow us to make your Heresy War experience a highly integrated one, with friends and stats visible from the web. While this may not be available from the start, this is what we're aiming for. Having the blog integrated with the front page is the first step in this direction.
As we are approaching the multiplayer beta release date, a beta registration form will be available on the front page. But until then, we'll keep you posted on further developments