Hey watchers and everyone else reading this, we're nearing one month of development now, the mod is almost ready... but... read on for more!
First of all, the new preview image, a variety of ModDB related images you can see around our ModDB page were created by Wills from Jailbreak:Source on which he did a great job, sadly the CSS didn't work out so well, but despite his busy schedule he's going take a stab at fixing that up. For now the top navigation bar of ModDB is ... kind of hard to read, please bear with it, it will hopefully be taken care of soon!
So next on to the other news, the mod has neared a potential alpha release, but with the (coming) release of PVKII on Steamworks and the first release of Kingdoms Collide next week the alpha release may be skipped, meaning the mod will release as an open beta with more custom content than the alpha, this all depends on how things go, assuming there will be more content, one of the things I'm looking forward to is a new gravity gun model.
Wills who I mentioned above said he'd take a stab at making one for GraviNULL. Making something like that is no small task I bet and he's a busy busy man, so whether this will make it in with the first release remains to be seen, but knowing him it will be awesome if he does it!
A few interesting point of progress have been made which I'm going to list below the following new gameplay video, since everyone knows watching video's is more important than reading text!
So what has changed since the last newspost?
Well check out this shoc... wait I'm using that line way too much! Anyway just check the list if you're interested!
- Added viewpunch when getting shocked by mines, messes up your aim in a nasty way.
- Added new gravity gun "absorbing" system:
- Green = Grapple/Grab mode, you can grapple and "absorb" mines in this mode.
- Red = Normal punt mode, activated inititally when having a mine absorbed
- Blue = Seeking mode, lower damage but seeks targets increasing hit chance.
- Fixed grapple beam remaining active when grappling through solid objects
- Changed grabbing/"absorbing" to be done with left mouse button, this gives the player more control when to grapple mines or when to grab them, also allowed me to increase range and add cone checking to make it alot easier to grab mines.
The most major change is ofcourse the gravity gun absorbing system, this means you will no longer have laggy mines lagging behind you making the gravity gun act a lot more like something similar to a rocket launcher instead of the good old hl2 gravity gun.
The grabbing and the different modes have altered effects and the crosshair changes according to the active mode, reminding you which mode is active without needing to take your eyes of the crosshair.
So a release is still gonna let you waiting, but the extra time will be used to polish up that release alot more!
That was all for today, if you like what you're seeing and aren't watching the mod already click the "Track now!" button to be informed as soon as new media or news is uploaded and/or authorized.