Alright, GaW is coming along very nicely. I have uploaded3 new pictures to show the current state of GC/IGC so check them out first. Did you check them out? Yes? Alright...I have a list of things to report.
1. Space Units
2. Land Units
4. GC/IGC AI
5. GC/IGC Planets
6. GC/IGC Campaigns
7. Other Stuff
I have added some new pirate ships. Without getting into specifics, these ships are primarily there to help balance GC, but ultimately, are there for skirmish as well. As there are build limits in GaW, in both skirmish and GC/IGC, pirate ships are absolutely necessary to victory, as they help tip the tides in your favor.
I have begun work on rigging land meshes for GaW. Previously, I only had completed meshes, but now comes the task of rigging and animating them. This is not going to be fun...it is very boring and not fun to do. In spite of this, I have to do it, so there is no sense in complaining about it.
I have added some new music to GaW...mostly to touch up the game. I have added victory themes for each faction, and a few new music selections for in game battles.
I have revamped the AI. As I said earlier, GC/IGC now has build caps in place. These build caps now extend to space and land forces, as well as buildings. This means the AI cannot run away build. This helps reduce the overall lag of the massive IGC campaign.
The AI is also much more aggressive. I have played campaigns where I have seen full on attacks on Day two. Some people complain that the game is too fast in general, but nothing is cool when it is slow. It needs to be ELECTRIFIED and sped up! The AI is not impossible, but just very difficult.
I posted a few pictures, and someone said something about how there were two "The Maw" locations. That was a string error, I fixed that, and didn't notice that until you pointed it out. I fixed that FYI.
But yes...planets...the two pictures you see are like 90% final placement for the planets. I still have a lot of testing to do with different placements and some planets are going to be moved. I am just showing you what I have thus far.
This is what people want...more campaigns. People asked for them, I will give them. The following is a list of what I have added.
- One vs One GC
- Galactic Conquest (Blue Galaxy)
- Galactic Conquest (Red Galaxy)
- Galactic Invasion (Red Galaxy vs Blue Galaxy)
- Intergalactic Conquest Full
- Intergalactic Conquest Mini
Those are the six overall campaign options that will be available. I will give a bit of detail on all of them, but there needs to be some surprise.
One vs One GC
- Pick your enemy, pick your faction, fight to the death. only planets related to the two active factions will be active, along with wormholes and pirate planets. TOTAL PLANETS = 62
Galactic Conquest (Blue Galaxy)
- Rebel Alliance vs Galactic Empire vs Zann Consortium. Pick your faction and engage on 3-way FFA Pirate Planets included. TOTAL PLANETS = 80
Galactic Conquest (Red Galaxy)
- The Federation vs Borg Collective vs Halo. Pick your faction and engage on 3-way FFA Pirate Planets included. TOTAL PLANETS = 80
Galactic Invasion (Red Galaxy vs Blue Galaxy)
- The combined forces of the Rebel Allaince, Galactic Empire, and Zann Consortium vs the combined forces of The Federation, Borg Collective, and Halo. This is just a large scale 1 vs 1. This game mode is still a WIP and I am unsure if this is going to work as intended. So this is still up in the air. TOTAL PLANETS = 142
Intergalactic Conquest Full
- All factions, all planets, FFA. TOTAL PLANETS = 142
Intergalactic Conquest Mini
- All Factions, Half as many planets, FFA. TOTAL PLANETS = 72
After the release of 2.0, a lot of people were...not as happy with it as they should have been. This was primarily my fault. I legitimately feel bad that 2.0 didn't live up to some peoples expectations, and I am looking to make it up to you guys. That is why, I will be including SOME of the land units I have for the 2.1 hot patch. Hopefully, this will make up for the 2.0 problems we had.