It's been roughly 2 weeks since Rebirth hit 1.0. To be honest I never expected that much attention. Already it's been mentioned at fileplanets "spotlight" section, which is awesome. I've also heard that the mod is going to be covered in PC Jeux, the french version of PC Gamer, wow. It will also be included on their cd. Thank you!
Anyways while it's been quite a success, Rebirth ain't spotless. I've got several reports of a script error,
"ER_Evocation". This will NOT break the game in any way. It will be fixed in the next version.
Speaking of. The next version will be a quick bugfix, that will eliminate some glitches introduced in Rebirth,
nothing major really. It will also fix some "bugs" in the vanilla game. An example could be misaligned walls, doors & floating meshes.
Here's a small preview:
- Ebonheart - Fixed the trapdoor at the South Guardtower, which had no travel marker.
- Ebonheart - Removed a missplaced door inside the South Guardtower.
- Ebonheart - Fixed some pathgrids that caused NPC's to get stuck.
- Ebonheart - Raised some barrels just outside the Six Fishes.
- Ebonheart - Relocated a travelmarker inside the East Empire South Warehouse that would cause the player to stuck between a stool & a crate.
- Seyda Neen - Fixed some floating lanterns.
- Seyda Neen - A trapdoor inside the Haunted Tower will now be locked. This due to an unfinished interior.
- Dren Plantation - Fixed a door that had no travel marker.
- Dren Plantation - Put a lock on the storage shack just outside Dren Plantation.
- Pelagiad - Removed some grass that were floating just above the Guardtower
- Pelagiad - Fixed some pathgrids that caused NPC's to get stuck inside the Fort.
- Fort Buckmoth - Locked 2 doors that had no destination.
- General - Removed the shield from Hlaalu Sharpshooters.
- General - New Travel agent in Ebonheart
- General - Added a global; ER_Evocation_Global, that somehow got excluded in 1.0.
Other fixes (Vanilla Errors).
* Fixed a misaligned wall in Sandas Ancestral Tomb.
* Fixed a travel marker inside Zalits's Yurt that would cause the player to get stuck in a fireplace.
* Removed a floating wall-piece outside Wolverine Hall.
* Fixed a misaligned door in Suran.
* Fixed the Ald Redaynia Interior which had a lot of misaligned wall-pieces & messy rocks.
* Fixed a floating brazier in Kushtashpi (Deadric Ruin) & fixed the misaligned door.
* Raised the ground in Bal Fell to fix a floating stair-piece.
* Fixed a lot of floaters inside Mat Cave.
* Fixed some floaters inside Andre Mauls's tower & a floating dwemer wall-piece just by the entrence. Also adjusted the tower to match the exterior.
* Fixed a chest inside Ravel Ancestral Tomb that previously had no lock, which made it unable to open. Also fixed some small mesh errors.
* Removed a ladder inside Ashinabi: Smugglers'Den. There was no way you could use this ladder if you fell down the hole inside the cave.
* Raised skraeling shulki's Tent in Gnisis, now she will actually see the player & play the proper greeting.
* Fixed a door inside Kitabael's Hut that would cause the player to get stuck in a fireplace
* Fixed a missing wallpiece inside the House Of Earthly Delights.
* Fixed the stone bridge outside the Wolverine Hall. It used to clip with the Fort entrence.
* Fixed a floating tower in Ebonheart + a lot of other small mesh fixes.
* Fixed a floating stone outside Assurdiripal.
I need to thank Slartibartfast1 for his mod Poorly Placed Object Fix v1.0 , which I used as a base for these changes. Sadly It wouldn't work well with Rebirth, so I've manually implemented his improvements, among others I've found in diffrent threads.
If you know of anything else, please tell me.
There's also gonna be some small changes to the landscape along the Bitter Coast, although the major work will be in the next installment.
Oh I almost forgot, a small bonus. I've reworked the Dwemer Ruin in which you recover the Dwemer Puzzle Box. Ark.. something, me & names. Here's some pics: