Edain Mod Version 3.6.1 Released On Mod-DB!
Today, we have released version 3.6.1 of the Edain Mod.
In creating this version, we have focussed on fixing flaws and errors in our previous release to allow for a much smoother gaming experience. To that end, Edain 3.6.1 brings the following changes:
- It is now again possible to save and load games, fixing one of Edain's largest and most long-standing flaws. Finally, players can enjoy long battles on campaign maps, fortress maps or against up to seven opponents in peace, knowing that the match can be paused, saved and loaded at any time. We're certain that this will greatly increase enjoyment of the mod for many players.
- Suladan can now erect a permanent Mumakil Pen at rank 4, allowing for regular recruitment of as many of the beasts as you like. At rank 10, Suladan can unleash a deadly Mumakil stampede upon his enemies.
- Uninstalling the Edain Mod will now properly revert your game back to English, while previously it remained in German due to an oversight.
- A large amount of bugs and errors reported by the community has been fixed. Many thanks for all the reports you sent our way. Your feedback allows us to improve this mod with every new release.
- Campaign maps were also updated based on user feedback. Furthermore, several campaign maps are now available for skirmish battles as well.
- The following changes were made to game balance:
- The Shadow Lord's aura no longer instantly kills enemies
- Black Rider health reduced from 1250 each to 1000 each
- Wolf Rider damage and crush damage reduced slightly
- Dire Wolf damage reduced slightly
- Isengard Berserker health increased by 20%
- Wrath of the White Wizard recharge time reduced by 33%
- Thorin health reduced by 20%
- Gimli health reduced by 10%
- Dwarven lone tower health adjusted to match its Gondorian equivalent
- Lone tower spells recharge time increased by 33%
- Dwarven battle wagon healing rearranged: The banner upgrade heals the wagon itself, while the hearth heals nearby allies, but not the wagon
- Water of the Enchanted River stun duration halved
- Lorien Animal Empath speed increased to match other Lorien infantry
- Enemy cavalry near the Empath can now trample fewer enemies
- Lorien Marchwarden damage against cavalry increased by 33%
- Tom and Goldberry health normalized to 5000
- Rohan spearmen health increased by 25%
- Haldir's Galadhrim health reduced from 400 to 350
- Erkenbrand's men now stay on the battlefield for an extended duration
- The Three Hunters now stay on the battlefield for a shorter duration
- Aragorn base damage in all forms reduced from 350 to 300
We hope you'll enjoy the new version of the Edain Mod. If you like it, we'd be honoured if you supported us with your vote for Mod of the Year!
Note: Version 3.6.1 is still only available in german!