The updated 1.2 build of the Cry of Fear SDK has been released! This will be great news for those custom mappers going the extra mile for their campaign competition maps. This version was made almost solely from requests from mappers who wished to do cool things with their campaigns but lacked the entities to do so. This version aims to rectify this. We hope you mappers like the new changes, and if you have any questions, head to the Cry of Fear forums where the community and developers will gladly help you. Here is the changelist:
-NEW IN SDK V1.2-
- Added support for custom v and w models
- Added support for custom weapon inventory scripts
- Added support for custom monster - set the health, model, sounds, attack damage and damage-taking behaviour
- Added support for custom lantern colours/size
- Added support for custom materials.txt for those mappers who use custom textures
- Added support for mappers to enable dual wield on the revolver
- Added support for custom hints.txt and objectives
- Added support for custom developer commentary
- Added support for changing sleeve textures ingame
- Added support for enabling phone-dropping
- Added new entity - trigger_suicide - Triggers suicidal reaction caused by flying woman monsters
- Fixed monster_ruben missing from the fgd
- Added support for custom tape recorder messages
- Added trigger_push support for monsters only - Useful if you want to force a monster somewhere but not a player
- Added new entity to trigger entities based on how many are in the server in coop
- Added new entity to trigger entities based on how many are inside the brush field in coop
- Added new entity to change player models in coop
Don't forget the Cry of Fear Campaign Competition, in which the community will create Custom Campaigns to win awesome prizes. The competition is held by Team Psykskallar and PewDiePie, and is sponsored by MIONIX.
To see more info about the competition, please check out those videos where PewDiePie and Andreas (ruMpel) explain more. In PewDiePies video, scroll to 04:26 to see the competition stuff.
The competition is sponsored by MIONIX.
Thanks, and happy mapping!