We have not posted anything since Beta 2 release... Well, now it's the time to give you all a small insight in what is going on...
Posted by dcesarec on Apr 1st, 2014
No, this won't be an April Fools' Day joke. Contra suffered from many problems lately as many of you know...
First, our team leader and Contra founder Creator disappeared (probably because of social issues). He left us Contra and a right to continue his work. With our plans for final release and even 009 further release.
Then, the rest of our team just fell apart. And whole team was PredatorBG and me.
We got some help from great people like Zeke, Anubis... and some others as mentioned in release news before. (and I will repay them as I promised)
After that, I suffered from serious social issues, and got a new job which takes most of my time. PredatorBG was also very busy with his real life.
And if that was not terrible... we got more issues. Russian community, more specifically some members there like Javelin, 6aseke, Kur-Zaz... They took Contra for their self... and decided to make 009 version.
I was pissed off... they wanted to change everything for themselves. They decided to reject our plans, plans from Contra mod author Andrey Pestryakov... and make it for their own tournaments. And release it as 009. They even wanted to use models made by us... and everything.
Javelin told me that I can't prove that I have made all those models... After many argue, I succeeded to make some copyright on Contra name, and our development and our work.
So they made Contra 009 RLM (whatever that is). Some older members on Redsys are against that, and they are supporting real Contra.
I need to ask you too... to support real Contra and our work. If you see somewhere Contra 009 download, please know that it is fake... Only real update will be here.
Also, I will tell you now that we are returning to work. Old member LilTasman is back. He will work on fixing AI.
Now I will reveal some updates that we have made... no secret from us:
- Enable machinegun units (infantry, Trackhound, Repair Droid, etc.) to fire at vehicles - DONE for all factions.
- Unit build time and cost similar to 007 - DONE (Assault, Toxin, Superweapon, Cybernetic, Flame, Nuke, Laser)
- Supply piles and dock same amount as in 007 - DONE
- Economy same as in 007 - DONE (Cybernetic, Superweapon, Flame, Assault, Toxin, Nuke, Laser)
- Fix and further modify AI for final 008 release - In progress - lil tasman
- Fix Laser Challenge win/loss conditions. - DONE
- Insert radiation effect from 007. - DONE
- Add new cameo for male Rangers. - DONE
AIR FORCE GENERAL
- Improve Duke Nukem (Burton) cameo. - DONE
- Improve RQ-9 Dark Star cameo. - DONE
- Add new AMOS cameo. - DONE
- Add new SSM Site cameo. - DONE
- Add new Burton Ion Cannon Strike cameo. - DONE
- Particle Cannon uses the wrong Particle Cannon cameo. - DONE
- Add new Laser Defender cameo. - DONE
- Reduce Cylon firepower from 45 to 35 - DONE
- Add new cameo for Red Guards. - DONE
- Add new Battlemaster cameo. - DONE
- Improve Flamethrower cameo. - DONE
- Add new Minigunner cameo. - DONE
- Some regular infantry cameos appeared different compared to their x4 versions. - DONE
- Battlemaster gains nuclear shot effect possibility only at heroic level. - DONE
- Add new cameo for Mobile Supply Stash. - DONE
- Add new cameo and description for GLA Carpet Bombing power. - DONE
- Add new cameo for AA Technical. - DONE
- Add stop button for Toxin Tunnel Network. - DONE
- Neutralizers upgrade cameo is missing for some units and buildings. - DONE
- Add new cameo for Demo Technical. - DONE
- Replace cartoon general portrait with a normal one. - DONE
- Booby Trap upgrade cameo is missing for Alshain. - DONE
We hope to get full speed work soon! CYA!