Patch 1.007 is here! We are finally back on schedule and have been working hard to make sure to find all the problems with the last big patch change.
Posted by Darkbladecr on Jul 3rd, 2012
Hello CoH: Modern Combat fans!
We are finally back on schedule and have been working hard to make sure to find all the problems with the last big patch change. We are happy to say that we have fixed the model issues that some players may have been experiencing, which was due to the game's lackluster DX10 setup. We have also been working through more bugs and balance fixes.
The Modern Combat launcher should automatically notify you about the patch and download it for you the next time you start it. If you run into problems with the automatic update, you may download and apply it manually, using this link.
I would highly suggest our fans to take the time to play this mod online with other players and utilize the mumble server we have put together. We hope you have fun playing this mod. If you feel like you have had some great games we highly recommend that you post them on our forums! I know that Fatal & Tommy are looking for replays to shoutcast, so if you want to have your game analyzed and commentated to thousands of viewers on YouTube, be sure to post up those replays!
As always we consider and look into any feedback and suggestions that members post on our forums. We would greatly appreciate that you point any balance issues with supporting replays to help us see the circumstances of the problem at hand so that we may adjust the mod accordingly.
Last but not least we want to inform you that CoH: Modern Combat has a new leader: Darkbladecr!
After more than 3 years the time has come that OnkelSam steps down as the mod-leader, due to real life commitments. He will still be part of the team and dedicate his time to the map-making and 2D Art area, but the administration will be taken over by Darkbladecr. He has been the co-leader for several years and has expert knowledge in a lot of areas of the mod development. He has proven to be more than capable of fulfilling his new duties! May the future of our mod continue to be successful!
Stay tuned and keep your eyes open for updates at moderncombat.blacksandstudio.com there will be some big announcements soon!
~The CoH: Modern Combat team.
- m249 saw penetration against ZSD89 apc lowered to .05 from .1
- missiles from tow emplacement will now pass through infantry on rolled miss
- Green berets on the field will no longer prevent engineer reinforcement
- Green beret and Abram Tusk now require a working HQ
- Bradley TOW now has 100% hit and 100% penetration, however beware it can still hit obstacles in its way.
People's liberation army, Ground Force:
- Regular individual HP has been increased from 65 to 70
- Regulars squad can now purchase two type 88 DMR, at 50 mu each
- Engineer individual HP has been increased from 55 to 65
- Engineer and Milita capture rate has been increased from .75 to 1.0
- HQ healing fixed. It now project a 35 meter healing radius
Model and Texture changes:
- New camo texture on Chinese MG bunker
- Added Missing Stryker ATGM criticals and blueprint
- Added Missing Stryker ATGM map symbol and taskbar symbol
- Fixed physics on the CROWS wreck
- DMz has fixed a lot of the environmental normals and occlusions
- Beefy^ has now fixed all the Chinese & American equipment, vehicles and buildings to have the correct normals
- fixed upside down map selection image's on Bao'an
- Fixed the Stryker MGS origin so it will track properly (vertically)