Build 4 of the Blade Symphony beta is live, bringing a host of bugfixes and changes suggest by our community as well as a new map, Monastery!
Posted by Ansob on Feb 24th, 2011
Hey guys, we’ve just pushed out Build 4 of the Blade Symphony beta! People with Sidekick issues can grab a beta build here which might solve their problems. Server admins (and people who still have connection issues after updating Sidekick) can grab the Build 4 server package here.
What’s more, Build 4 includes a surprise for you guys - this marks the release of our second map, Monastery! (Also added: bows and flourishes, auto-ready on by default, and a new tournament mode which is also on by default.)
But before I link you to the changelog, a few items of news:
That’s it for the news today; here’s your changelog:
Additions & Changes:
- Added new map, duel_monastery.
- Added new sword Andante Incendia.
- [#3254] Added bow mechanic. Default key is b. (For real this time.)
- Added basic flourish mechanic. Default key is f.
- [#3292] Added vs_queue_mode (Tournament Mode) and made it default set to 1. Tournament mode is a mode in which players that win move into the next arena, while those that lose fall back an arena.
- Added a readystatus HUD element, with localization.
- [#3201] Added water footstep audio for Phalanx and Ryoku.
- Added various localization support for different HUD elements.
- Added global ranking stat to scoreboard.
- Added a custom BerimbauScheme.res file
- Changed display name of Knight to “Judgement.” (Was not in Build 3, our mistake!)
- Changed text on the scoreboard to be indented, for easier viewing.
- Changed heavy swing audio to be stronger sounding.
- Changed lightning audio effects to be more deadly sounding.
- Changed default forward and side run speed to 175, backward to 125.
- Removed the -dev suffix in the name of the game.
- [#3308] Fixed a bug that caused players to be unable to attack after making several attacks.
- [#3307] Fixed a bug which allowed another attack to start before the last attack’s tracer ended, allowing an exploit for changing stances mid-charge to change the damage output.
- [#3248] [#3223] [#3249] Fixed a bug where audio from other duels could be loudly heard in the current duel.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to get access to an incomplete sword, the Black Daikatana, by removing access.
- [#3265] Speed boost when using +strafe has removed, the player can no longer press forward + side movement key, wall-run ([#2795]) or wigglewalk ([#3150]) to achieve a speed bonus.
- [#3268] Fixed bug where round start screen would display after a loss and not go away.
- Fixed duel_winter material errors for blossom trees.