Here's a new patch for you. There's more work in iterating and testing, but we think it will be better for the overall game's development to keep them rapid. Hope you enjoy the faster pace!
Posted by SgtBarlow on Mar 2nd, 2012
Features and changes
- Added "shadow step" ability for the Fade. Double-tap in a direction to quickly rush that way. The cost of blinking was increased somewhat to compensate.
- Waypoints closer to your crosshair are now more transparent (so they don't obscure your view).
- Removed sentry ammo (no longer needed for preventing stalemates).
- While wall walking, the Skulk can use their special movement key (shift by default) to stick to the wall stronger.
- Reduced intensity of cloak shader effect.
- Alien buy menu won't open if there is no place to gestate and play an error sound instead.
- Added "memory" console command to the Server.
- Improved Skulk air control (a much bigger change than it sounds).
- Adjusted hive health armor from 5000/500 to 4000/1000 to make hives less vulnerable to shotguns (~67 shotgun blasts instead of ~59)
- Fixed bug with Shotgun randomness so it's more consistent. Reduced damage a bit to compensate.
- Increased Nano-shield time from 8 seconds to 12 seconds (to help Marines be able to keep far away nodes alive until they get arrive).
- Increased Command Station initial energy from 50 to 100.
- Reduced time to Camouflage from 3 seconds to 2.
- Increased ARC damage to 900 per salvo (NS1 siege turrets did 400 damage every 4 seconds, ARCs fire every 10 seconds). Aliens, you have been warned.
- Increased Shotgun research time from 20 to 30 seconds.
- Added beacon "charge up" effect on Marines.
- Added first person muzzle effect for Grenade Launcher.
- Added vertical burning surface effect.
- Added first person hit effect for Skulk bite.
- Fixed memory "leak" on the server when a Player died.
- Fixed potential out of memory condition when reporting a script error in the log.
- Fixed issue where the members of an object unregistered from C++ would not be garbage collected if there were still references to the object in script.
- Fixed a bug where client FPS influences the players acceleration (resulted in unresponsive controls in combat situations).
- Fixed script error that occurred rarely when a Drifter attempted to build a structure.
- Disabled Xenocide which was accidentally released before it was ready.
- Fixed missing nano-shield text strings.
- Hooked up custom Robotics Factory deploy sound.
- Added debug.isvalid to return whether or not an object has been unregistered.
- Added debug.typename to return the class name or type name of a value (including objects that were unregistered).
- Added cfindref and sfindref console commands to display references to objects of a certain type.