Good, better, best. Best in the West of course. Yeeeeehaaaaaa!!!!
Posted by R_Yell on Jul 28th, 2010
Our new release means almost a fresh start in many aspects. While the core gameplay is pretty much the same, we tried to eliminate many annoyances and imbalances. Large parts of code has been completely rewritten and latest SDK code available was integrated. The list of improvements is large, here follows some highlights:
- Linux dedicated servers are possible, top admin tools like Sourcemod and HLStatsX fully support our modification now.
- Global statistics, notoriety based ranking. All server are able to participate in, just use HLStatsX:CE and uncomment a line in server.cfg.
- New steamboat map: fof_robertlee. A complete new location for close combat action, refreshing map which gave us lot of fun during playtests.
- Player movement has been reworked completely, no more stamina, sprint or reduced speed when strafing. It uses a custom movement system, transparent to player, which controls strafing/jumping and decreases overall player speed.
- Networking and prediction derived issues as laggy movement, unusual amount of ghost hits or weapon glitches/exploits (scopes, reload, etc) has been fixed. FoF plays and feels like an official game now.
- Few Dollars More game type, this is a reincarnation of the old mode with some substantial changes. More money chests, still quite frenzy and unpredictable.Old maps like El Paso or Presidio shine again with this mode.
* More mirrors, release notes, etc.