Yeah, there were a few bugs in Beta 1.0 I guess, but that is what a 1.01 patch is for! We here at the NMRiH team are happy to bring you Patch 1.01 for No More Room in Hell. We went in to overtime to try and resolve as many major issues (and some minor ones too) that we had been hearing about from all of you guys.
After playing dozens of games of NMRiH with so many of you awesome people and getting your feedback directly while playing with you, we have been able to gather a lot of information to help us tighten up the graphics. From my firsthand experience over the last few days I personally have learned a lot about what you guys like and dislike and what you think needs fixing or changing. Everyone on the team, developers and testers alike, have been playing with all of you and also taking notes. So we rocked out hard and tried to get as much done as quickly as possible so we could deliver it to you!
Keep in mind that this does not fix everything, and there will still be crashes from time to time. We want to keep improving the game to be the best experience it can be. In order to achieve that goal, we want your input on how best to do that! Come join our forums and contribute your thoughts!
REMEMBER - For Patch 1.01 to be effective in fighting crashes, we ask that you delete your Config.cfg file in your Sourcemods/nmrih/cfg folder!
Download Links (Full):
TORRENT - Beta 1.01 FULL (Fileserve)
TORRENT - Beta 1.01 FULL (Megaupload)
Download Links (Patch):
ZIP FILE - Beta 1.01 PATCH (Gamefront)
ZIP FILE - Beta 1.01 PATCH (Megaupload)
TORRENT - Beta 1.01 PATCH (Fileserve)
TORRENT - Beta 1.01 PATCH (Megaupload)
Please seed the Torrents!
Now, here is the Changelist for Patch 1.01:
- Cleared out config_default.cfg except binds (should fix most crashes when changing maps)
- Fixed godmode when mp_friendlyfire is 0
- Rewrote shaders to be more efficient and prevent crashing
- Fixed viewmodel particles (and flashlight) appearing wrong to an observer
- Tweaked default values of map length, overlord despawn timeout
- Player names should now always appear above the player's head
- Friendly fire damage has been reduced (which is now a convar, sv_friendly_fire_factor)
- Players will not incorrectly turn now if killed by another player (only if killed by headshot by another player)
- Fixed phalanx bottle orientation on hip
- Fixed phalanx bottle not being removed after being used (causing the floating pills)
- Screen shader effects can be disabled by turning off "nmrih_screenspace" ConVar
- Fixed sv_realism damage
- Decreased cl_npc_interp to 0.1
- Made mp_timelimit 0 mean infinite time on the map
- Auto kick players that are idle for x amount of time (set by convar, typing / navigating ui does not count towards activity)
- Implemented Vote Kick / Vote Ban systems
- Added brush entity (func_ff_blocker) that prevents friendly fire for players inside of it, currently used in spawn rooms
- Fixed two female zombie sounds that were looping
- All zombie hitboxes have been rebuilt
- Lump allocation errors should now be fixed
- Players can now spawn into games for the first 2 minutes or first 2 objectives, whichever takes longer
- Tweaked damage based on new hitboxes
- Fixed turned zombie models leaning
- Added weapon switch keybinds to keybind menu
- Added picture of default keybinds to randomized loading screens
- Fixed issue where decals would be continually applied each map reset
- Added head gibbing to all zombie models (except player zombies)
As I mentioned in the header above, much like the greatest President of all time George W. Bush taught us all, Western style democracy is the greatest thing in the history of the world. With that being an obvious scientific fact, we would like to introduce you to votekick and voteban options in NMRiH!
Both votekick and voteban are functioning by default in any server. Information on how both features work can be found HERE.