Sorry for the lack of updates!
There has been no updates for quite a while now and anyone who keeps an eye on the company page may have noticed a new game up with a test version out. Some people may have seen this and thought that I was taking time off AudioTree or was slowing development to work on other things, so I'm here today to bumper update you and reassure anyone that I am still developing this title.
Before I get into all that I would like to mention a great article about AudioTree on techzwn. HERE.
The new debug menu system I'm using for making AudioTree.
The first thing I finished since the last post was a full realisation of the synth control panel and its related hud elements, such as a scrolling bar with the names of the sounds youve created on the bottom of your screen ready for selection. This was interesting to work on because I wrote a whole new way of detecting what leaf was closest that runs seperate from the closest branches, leading to me realising how stupid my previous way was.
The first screenshot I took with the control panel and sounds attatched to leaves.
Next was some sweet bpm control and a bunch of improvements to the play system, now the section you are editing will loop no matter what your doing, making a new synth, editing the bpm or just adding stuff. This means faster workflow all around and much smoother feel to everything.
Although the reason this page has been so lacking in updates is something different, I'm currently working on adding the effects to the synthesizer in a new more external way allowing user effects to be quickly and easily added, this isn't something I can develop fast due to planning out how it works but modding support is important to me so its worth it!
You'll see the bpm panel up in the top left.
Recently I decided to make the early version prototypes of AudioTree available, Hive and AudioTree version 0.1. These are both pre-audio versions and just show off some of creative and decisive process that has gone into creating the current version. I cannot guarantee they will be bug free because they are basically abandoned alphas, although I should say that the code contained within belongs to me and I would be highly grateful if you asked me before using it.
Hive: abandoned because of the limits of 8 sides and the utter confusingness of the way it worked, loads of controls and unneccesary stuff.
AudioTree0_1: moved on with a total reprogram because of sloppy code and early versions of libraries, also supporting the zooming code was far too complex.
Hive's overcomplicated display was the inspiration for Audiotree's visual simplicity.
This is the game I mentioned at the beginning.
Deerhunter was developed to prove how fast it is possible to create rapid prototypes on the LÖVE engine. The game itself is simple you run around a small level shooting deer that spawn in waves (with a few more enemies planned soon) there are pickups and unlocks based on how big your spree is. Also I am planning to do the whole soundtrack in AudioTree to show off its capabilities once the effects are in! Currently only the fire and contact bloops are made in AudioTree.
The game is not finished yet and the base was only developed in 7 hours so no polish here.
Find its Indiedb page here.
Screenshot of DeerHunter1066.
If anyone would like cheap tutoring in lua development or programming with LÖVE2d, or would like to use the code from DeerHunter1066 in their own please get in contact with me through indiedb. I can also put people in touch with a great pixel and digital artist for art help/tutoring if they contact me.
Image behind this post is just an old image from the page.
The Techzwn article again.
As always have a great day and thanks for taking interest in my work.