v2.9.1b is out! Humoid & Neander bases, better key bindings, new textures & more!
Posted by Phr00t on Feb 26th, 2012
v2.9.1b is out!
I've added Humoid and Neander "cities", created just one "interaction" key, fixed some textures & tweaked some stuff. You may notice odd biome behavior for terrain already generated due to the new biomes (and I also had to shift biome "centers" so you could start in a friendly Humoid city).
- Humoid and Neander cities/complexes now implemented!
- You will now start right above (and wake up in) a friendly Humoid city/complex
- Combined keys into one "interaction" key to talk with leaders, merchants & toggle doors
- Many updated textures: trees, dirt, buildings, grass, storage etc.
- Friendly characters should no longer attack each other when fighting in a group
- Reduced the number of free, random items found in buildings
- The server name you are trying to connect to is now trimmed of extra spaces
- Increased the demo time limit a bit
- Mining drill now destroys all soft terrain in addition to rocks
- Corrupted items with no graphics will no longer cause a crash, but an "error" item instead
- Changes to how items store data, which should help multiplayer network performance
- Followers don't cause other characters to auto-follow you anymore
- Followers don't disappear after death now
Also, someone made a great introduction video that is now up on my homepage:
I hope to get started on the mini-fighters and fix a few bugs for the next release. Biggest bugs I want to fix are the collision boxes on the characters vs terrain & performance on slower graphics cards (Intel HD cards).