The Zone of Alienation mod is an adaptation of the renowned AMK mod. It is built on top of a specialized variant of AMK that uses a magazine system. From this premise, it has expanded to aim to include the following:

Forum Thread
by member
  Posts  
CTD Extravaganza. (Mods : Zone of Alienation mod : Forum : CTDs (Game Crashes) : CTD Extravaganza. ) Post Reply
Thread Options 1 2 3 4
Mar 13 2013, 10:59am Anchor

Greetings stalker. Your mod looks incredible!

Sadly I've encountered 2 crashes that render it useless. First of all, it crashed when I talked to the stalker outside Sidorovich 's bunker and asked him to tell me something interesting. Second crash was after I got killed by bandits and loaded a quick save. I am using the steam version and did the steps to downgrade to 1.0004.

I trust in you like I trust Yar with my gear. I'll post a log if you need me to!

Mar 14 2013, 8:25pm Anchor
emze wrote:
FatalFunnel wrote:
emze wrote:
FatalFunnel wrote:Try editing one of the true | false values in fsgame.ltx I think. By what you've said the mod shouldn't be incompatible with your patch / game version, it could also be crashing due to a localization issue, if that's the case you could change the language to eng in the localization.ltx, or simply copy the gamedata/text/eng files over to what folder your game typically uses.


Hi!

Unfortunately I've already tried these, do you have any other tips by the chance?

Thanks for the answer anyway!
Cheers!


No, I got nothing, damn. :(

It's hard to tell what's wrong when there isn't a crash log.



Interesting, I also fiddled with the steam version, and it seems to be working. :-)
At starting a new game, I got an out of memory error (2 GB RAM), but the -noprefetch seems to be solving it.

Cheers!


Excellent.

TheStrelok wrote:Greetings stalker. Your mod looks incredible!

Sadly I've encountered 2 crashes that render it useless. First of all, it crashed when I talked to the stalker outside Sidorovich 's bunker and asked him to tell me something interesting. Second crash was after I got killed by bandits and loaded a quick save. I am using the steam version and did the steps to downgrade to 1.0004.

I trust in you like I trust Yar with my gear. I'll post a log if you need me to!


Is the second crash related to an NPC mesh by any chance? I do get those.

something like !error in bandit_3bl or something like that.

Mar 15 2013, 12:16pm Anchor
Quote:Is the second crash related to an NPC mesh by any chance? I do get those.

something like !error in bandit_3bl or something like that.


Can't be. I tried loading my quicksave from the main menu and it did the same thing.
Here's the log

Expression : hFile>0
Function : FileDownload
File : E:\stalker\patch_1_0004\xrCore\FS.cpp
Line : 106
Description : d:\steam\steamapps\common\stalker shadow of chernobyl\gamedata\config\

Mar 15 2013, 5:49pm Anchor
TheStrelok wrote:
Quote:Is the second crash related to an NPC mesh by any chance? I do get those.

something like !error in bandit_3bl or something like that.


Can't be. I tried loading my quicksave from the main menu and it did the same thing.
Here's the log

Expression : hFile>0
Function : FileDownload
File : E:\stalker\patch_1_0004\xrCore\FS.cpp
Line : 106
Description : d:\steam\steamapps\common\stalker shadow of chernobyl\gamedata\config\



Ah good old hFile>0, we meet again, scroll down to the mod errors section.

Metacognix.com

The one I think I was talking about was CKinematicsAnimated

Mar 16 2013, 1:58pm Anchor
Quote:Ah good old hFile>0, we meet again, scroll down to the mod errors section.

The one I think I was talking about was CKinematicsAnimated


After reading through an interesting fable about the issue, my hung over and weary mind has concluded that my issue is with the patching. But I followed the steps, launched the game pre-mod and it read as 1.0004 as it should. I checked system.ltx and the value is set correctly.

Mar 17 2013, 11:20pm Anchor
TheStrelok wrote:
Quote:Ah good old hFile>0, we meet again, scroll down to the mod errors section.

The one I think I was talking about was CKinematicsAnimated


After reading through an interesting fable about the issue, my hung over and weary mind has concluded that my issue is with the patching. But I followed the steps, launched the game pre-mod and it read as 1.0004 as it should. I checked system.ltx and the value is set correctly.


Yeah, it puzzled me too when I read about it, but then I wondered whether or not you were loading old saves, Is that the case?

Mar 18 2013, 11:34am Anchor
FatalFunnel wrote:
TheStrelok wrote:
Quote:Ah good old hFile>0, we meet again, scroll down to the mod errors section.

The one I think I was talking about was CKinematicsAnimated


After reading through an interesting fable about the issue, my hung over and weary mind has concluded that my issue is with the patching. But I followed the steps, launched the game pre-mod and it read as 1.0004 as it should. I checked system.ltx and the value is set correctly.


Yeah, it puzzled me too when I read about it, but then I wondered whether or not you were loading old saves, Is that the case?



Not at all. I started a new game after installing the mod. The game crashed when I talked to the stalker outside the bunker. Then I started a new game, played it up to the car park and died. Then when I tried to reload my quicksave I made before the gunfight, it crashes. I'm thinking I may just try the installation all over again to see if that irons things out.

Apr 3 2013, 9:17am Anchor

Really want to try this mod out. Reverted my game back to 1.0004, but I am having no luck getting it to start. I've tried having the core files in a separate folder under THQ and under steam. The steam version (updates have been disabled, its hopefully at 1.0004.) goes to a black screen and crashes. The THQ version gives me a steam error 0x02.

XR_3DA.exe caused BREAKPOINT in module "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl\bin\xrCore.dll" at 0023:00227CB5, xrDebug::backend()+165 byte(s)

Is the crash error. Any help would be appreciated.

Apr 3 2013, 2:08pm Anchor
TheCommodore wrote:Really want to try this mod out. Reverted my game back to 1.0004, but I am having no luck getting it to start. I've tried having the core files in a separate folder under THQ and under steam. The steam version (updates have been disabled, its hopefully at 1.0004.) goes to a black screen and crashes. The THQ version gives me a steam error 0x02.

XR_3DA.exe caused BREAKPOINT in module "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl\bin\xrCore.dll" at 0023:00227CB5, xrDebug::backend()+165 byte(s)

Is the crash error. Any help would be appreciated.


Ctrl+V into notepad immediately after it crashes, it will tell you why it crashed.

Apr 3 2013, 7:56pm Anchor

Expression : xml_doc.NavigateToNode(path,index)
Function : CUIXmlInit::InitStatic
File : E:\stalker\sources\trunk\xr_3da\xrGame\ui\UIXmlInit.cpp
Line : 172
Description : XML node not found
Arguments : msg_box_kicked_by_server:picture

Here's what i pulled up.

Apr 8 2013, 3:59pm Anchor
TheCommodore wrote:Expression : xml_doc.NavigateToNode(path,index)
Function : CUIXmlInit::InitStatic
File : E:\stalker\sources\trunk\xr_3da\xrGame\ui\UIXmlInit.cpp
Line : 172
Description : XML node not found
Arguments : msg_box_kicked_by_server:picture

Here's what i pulled up.


See this thread: Gsc-game.com

Apr 14 2013, 6:54am Anchor

I recently downloaded ZOA! I don't now how to mod is because when I start the game and talk to Sidorovich and try to get the artifact mission, the game instantly crashes. I've not a clue what to do. I've re-installed everything and patched every patch there is but still the same result. I've re-installed STALKER Soc multiple times but the same outcome. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do? Cause I SirDimpleDrops is Stumped. XD

Apr 27 2013, 1:40am Anchor
SirDimpleDrops wrote:I recently downloaded ZOA! I don't now how to mod is because when I start the game and talk to Sidorovich and try to get the artifact mission, the game instantly crashes. I've not a clue what to do. I've re-installed everything and patched every patch there is but still the same result. I've re-installed STALKER Soc multiple times but the same outcome. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do? Cause I SirDimpleDrops is Stumped. XD

I had the same probelm. Quite likely your patch version. ZoA requires the 1.0004 patch. I didn't realize I was on the current 1.0005, so I bumped down 1.0004 and that problem ended.



! error in stalker with visual actors\bandit\stalker_bandit_8
stack trace: 0023:00452606 XR_3DA.exe, CKinematicsAnimated::PlayCycle()

Current 1.07 release with hotfix. CTD by the tunnel in the Garbage on my way towards Agropom. Will continue to update any CTD's in this thread.

Edited by: RaptorJesus556

Apr 27 2013, 2:44am Anchor

Had a crash while picking up, and reloading a pp-2000.

Expression : fatal error
Function : CInifile::r_string
File : E:\stalker\patch_1_0004\xrCore\Xr_ini.cpp
Line : 352
Description :
Arguments : Can't find variable charged2 in [wm_9x19a20]

And had a old one that got lost on the frontpage

Expression : fatal error
Function : CScriptEngine::lua_error
File : E:\ stalker \ patch_1_0004 \ xr_3da \ xrGame \ script_engine.cpp
Line : 73
Description :
Arguments : LUA error: ....r. - shadow of chernobyl \ gamedata \ scripts \ _g.script:1222: bad argument #2 to 'format' (string expected, got no value)

Apr 27 2013, 2:00pm Anchor
Meekx wrote:Had a crash while picking up, and reloading a pp-2000.

Expression : fatal error
Function : CInifile::r_string
File : E:\stalker\patch_1_0004\xrCore\Xr_ini.cpp
Line : 352
Description :
Arguments : Can't find variable charged2 in [wm_9x19a20]


Thanks for posting this, I'll get to work on fixing it, it probably doesn't use an alternate ammo type like some magazines weren't changed to do yet. In the mean time, use loose ammo for those magazines.

Quote:And had a old one that got lost on the frontpage

Expression : fatal error
Function : CScriptEngine::lua_error
File : E:\ stalker \ patch_1_0004 \ xr_3da \ xrGame \ script_engine.cpp
Line : 73
Description :
Arguments : LUA error: ....r. - shadow of chernobyl \ gamedata \ scripts \ _g.script:1222: bad argument #2 to 'format' (string expected, got no value)


This is a common crash and even I get it quite a lot. The main problem with it is that it bugs your saves, so it's good to make several hard saves, and load the one before it. Moving to a different level will also get rid of it, but it can occur if you are on a level too long.

Apr 28 2013, 7:13am Anchor

Having a crash upon clicking a scoped AS VAL on a dutyer's corpse, or at least it looks like an AS VAL. Repeated three times.
Not gamebreaking, but it is keeping me from picking up one of my favorite guns.

[error]Expression : assertion failed
[error]Function : CUILine::GetLength_inclusiveWord_1
[error]File : E:\stalker\patch_1_0004\xr_3da\xrGame\ui\UILine.cpp
[error]Line : 410
[error]Description : pos.word_1.exist()

Great mod, by the way.

Apr 28 2013, 10:01am Anchor

Think im in the same pickle as the person above. picked a weapon of a army dressed corpse. Looked like a Val as well

Expression : assertion failed
Function : CUILine::GetLength_inclusiveWord_1
File : E:\stalker\patch_1_0004\xr_3da\xrGame\ui\UILine.cpp
Line : 410
Description : pos.word_1.exist()

Trying to enter army warehouse (the gates, not the zone)

Expression : fatal error
Function : CScriptEngine::lua_error
File : E:\stalker\patch_1_0004\xr_3da\xrGame\script_engine.cpp
Line : 73
Description :
Arguments : LUA error: ...adow of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\xr_wounded.script:516: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

Expression : res!=-1
Function : get_rank
File : E:\stalker\patch_1_0004\xr_3da\xrGame\ui\Restrictions.cpp
Line : 34
Description : cannot find rank for
Arguments : wpn_famas_g2_sk1

May 4 2013, 2:38am Anchor

Have a crash while loading quick save in Wild teritory and Army warhose.
FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : fatal error
[error]Function : CScriptEngine::lua_error
[error]File : E:\stalker\patch_1_0004\xr_3da\xrGame\script_engine.cpp
[error]Line : 73
[error]Description :
[error]Arguments : LUA error: ....e.r. shadow of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\_g.script:1222: bad argument #2 to 'format

Ur mod is good, but there are some bug. It prevent me from enjoying

May 4 2013, 12:06pm Anchor
Andantil wrote:Having
a crash upon clicking a scoped AS VAL on a dutyer's corpse, or at least
it looks like an AS VAL. Repeated three times.
Not gamebreaking, but it is keeping me from picking up one of my favorite guns.

[error]Expression : assertion failed
[error]Function : CUILine::GetLength_inclusiveWord_1
[error]File : E:\stalker\patch_1_0004\xr_3da\xrGame\ui\UILine.cpp
[error]Line : 410
[error]Description : pos.word_1.exist()

Great mod, by the way.


This is a bugged description, it's resolved in the latest fix.

merkhadianwolf wrote:Have a crash while loading quick save in Wild teritory and Army warhose.
FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : fatal error
[error]Function : CScriptEngine::lua_error
[error]File : E:\stalker\patch_1_0004\xr_3da\xrGame\script_engine.cpp
[error]Line : 73
[error]Description :
[error]Arguments : LUA error: ....e.r. shadow of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\_g.script:1222: bad argument #2 to 'format

Ur mod is good, but there are some bug. It prevent me from enjoying


The cause of this particular crash is in fact, not what the tail end of the log displays, this is almost always a corrupted save bug, (making later saves useless.) Whenever you get this, try loading an earlier save, or load the last autosave.

It also occurs when staying on certain levels for too long. I know that Army Warehouses is particularly unstable in respect to this.

Edited by: FatalFunnel

May 5 2013, 5:20am Anchor

Edit: dumb problems fixed em' myself. too goddamn tired for this shit.

Edited by: Ippikiki

May 5 2013, 5:33am Anchor

FATAL ERROR [error]Expression : e_parent[error]Function : xrServer::Process_event_reject[error]File : E:\stalker\patch_1_0004\xr_3da\xrGame\xrServer_process_event_reject.cpp[error]Line : 11[error]Description : parent not found. id_parent=2235 id_entity=1853 frame=78878

May 5 2013, 1:10pm Anchor

XR_3DA.exe caused BREAKPOINT in module "D:\Game\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl\bin\xrCore.dll" at 0023:00587D15, xrDebug::backend()+165 byte(s)

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : fatal error
[error]Function : CScriptEngine::lua_error
[error]File : E:\stalker\patch_1_0004\xr_3da\xrGame\script_engine.cpp
[error]Line : 73
[error]Description :
[error]Arguments : LUA error: ...ow of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\bind_stalker.script:709: attempt to concatenate field '?' (a nil value)

Now im crash when im playing in agprom.

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : fatal error
[error]Function : CScriptEngine::lua_error
[error]File : E:\stalker\patch_1_0004\xr_3da\xrGame\script_engine.cpp
[error]Line : 73
[error]Description :
[error]Arguments : LUA error: ....e.r. shadow of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\_g.script:1222: bad argument #2 to 'format' (string expected, got no value)
I got more problem now.
After taking the document from military in agprom, i move to Bar to give it to Barmen, but after giving document to Barmen to finish the quest, i save game and it's fucked, It's keep crashing when i load save game although i use quick save a normal save.

Honestly, this patch is not better than the old part, i just see you upgrade some visual, but there are too many bug in this path, it is really annoying. I have tried the 1.06 before, it's really good, no crash or bug.
I just wait for the hot fix- patch. The crash really make me stop playing game.

May 6 2013, 5:57pm Anchor

Hello, excuse my bad english but i have a problem with the mod.

I got differents errors in game like,

XR_3DA.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\Program Files (x86)\THQ\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl\bin\XR_3DA.exe" at 0023:00452606, CKinematicsAnimated::PlayCycle()+38 byte(s)

or

XR_3DA.exe caused UNKNOWN_ERROR in module "C:\Windows\syswow64\kernel32.dll" at 0023:7658F35F, RaiseException()+89 byte(s)

I am at the first mission of the game, have to kill some bandits in a little complex of houses. The game crash every 5 minutes with thoses messages.

Do you know what to do to run the game without thoses crashs?

Thanks.

(It's my first mod on S.T.A.L.K.E.R)

Edited by: ZinedineZidane

May 11 2013, 4:22am Anchor

Happened in Dark Valley while approaching the bandit camp. Though, it was swarming with chimeras and controllers already:

FATAL ERROR [error]Expression : fatal error[error]Function : IRender_Visual::Load[error]File : E:\stalker\patch_1_0004\xr_3da\FBasicVisual.cpp[error]Line : 58[error]Description : [error]Arguments : Invalid visual

May 11 2013, 4:00pm Anchor

I keep getting this crash whenever I try to load a saved game (either quicksave, or hardsave)

Expression : fatal errorFunction : CScriptEngine::lua_errorFile : E:\stalker\patch_1_0004\xr_3da\xrGame\script_engine.cppLine : 73Description : Arguments : LUA error: ... of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\dialog_manager.script:393: attempt to compare number with nil

Reply to Thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.