The Xenoforce Reborn mod takes the classic Xenoforce mod from CNC Generals and re-invisions it on the CNC3 engine with new units and new designs. The new armies that are currently scheduled to be in the mod are the Earth Federation, ZEON, the Invid, and the Earth Robotech Defense Force. We also have heavily modified the original CNC3 armies, giving the GDI, NOD, and Scrin a much more dynamic gameplay experience. This mod is NOT FOR PROFIT and NON-commercial based.

Forum Thread
Alpha 10 - Rebalancing - Weapon types (Games : C&C3: Tiberium Wars : Mods : Xenoforce Reborn : Forum : Xenoforce General Descussion : Alpha 10 - Rebalancing - Weapon types) Locked
Thread Options
Mar 24 2011 Anchor

This thread go's along with the new Armor type topic that I just started. The following types of weapons are going to be in the game now, along with exactly what this means. As there are really only 5 different types of damage that can be dealt this mix will allow us as mod makers to go from CNC's 5 weapon damage types to 12, with more being added in as needed. This should give greater verity and deeper gameplay.

Weapon Class's -

Gun Class - Does 100% Gun damage, examples would be infantry machine guns or the Orcas Anti-Infantry Gattling Guns.

Cannon Class - Does 100% Cannon damage, examples would be the preditor tanks main cannon or the scorpion tanks main gun.

Beam Class - Does 100% Beam damage, typically a slow fire rate and has a high damage output, an example would be the Gundams Beam Rifle.

Laser Class - Does 100% Beam damage, typically a fast fire rate and very low damage output, an example would be the Venom's laser or the Scorpion Tanks upgrade.

Rail Class - Does 50% Beam damage / 50% Cannon damage, typically used by GDI this technology usualy has low refire rate but does massive ammounts of damage, the fact that its evenly distributed with Beam and Cannon means some armors will be slightly resistant against it but no armor will be 100% effective against this class of weapon.

Grenade Class - Does 100% Grenade damge, examples would be grenades the GDI Grenaders throw (duh?). Does have a very small blast radius.

Flame Thrower class - Does 15% Beam damage / 85% Grenade Damage, at the center of the flame, at it's hottest point, the weapon does light beam damage. The rest of the damage comes from the actual flame's cone effect, meaning it's good at dealing with infantry but can also destroy enemy vehicles if they are lightly armored. More powerful versions can be exceedingly dangerous. They also do 150% damage vrs structures.

Artillery - Does 75% Cannon damage at point of impact, does 25% cannon damage in splash radius. The radius varries on the kind of artillery. It also has a high supression rate for infantry in the radius.

Beam Artillery - Does 75% Beam damage at point of impact, does 25% cannon damage in splash radius. The blast radius of beam artillery is from the enemys shrapnell flying around from the point of imact of this weapon. An example of this is the RGC83's cannons.

Mecha Machiengun - Does 100% Cannon damage, is typically low damage but high fire rate.

Mega Partical Beam Cannons - Does 75% Beam Damage / 25% Beam splash damage, typically these mega powerful weapons have high damage output but low fire rates.

Rockets - Deals 75% Rocket damage at point of impact / 25% grenade damage in small blast radius. Rockets are typically not very powerful but they are effective against lightly armored targets. They normally have a high fire rate but low damage output, firing many small rockets at once to an enemy target.

Missiles - Deals 75% Rocket damage at point of impact / 25% Cannon damage in blast radius. Missiles have a much longer fire rate than rockets, but are much more powerful. They also have longer reload times. Missiles based weapons are typically fired one at a time and take a few moments to re-aquire a target if the first missile does not destroy the target, so that a defense is not wasting it's limited ammo on targets that are already dead.

There will be more detail involved with this comming soon, like how different sizes of the same weapon make a difference, but this is a general idea of what a weapon will offer when you see it in the discription.

Mar 31 2011 Anchor

Should also attach this to the README.

Same question as the other thread, are these already in place or are they upgrades you can obtain?

Mar 31 2011 Anchor

This isn't in the game yet, hence not in the Readme. They are ideas for the next version of the mod. I'm trying to come up with a system before I start inputing information into the game for this rebalance. Any ideas would be helpful.

Apr 5 2011 Anchor

Ok, but that did not answer my question though. lol

Apr 5 2011 Anchor

Some of them will be upgrades, some will be default. My plan is to set it up so that things make more since, thats all. I just have never liked the idea that NOD's Lasers, GDI's Rail Cannons, Scrins Beam weapons, and the regular cannons, are all the same damage type. It just didn't make any since to me.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.