Latest Revision (R37) --- Entry Revised: 21Jul 2017
wolfman-MC2X is an extended MC2 gaming and mission design environment. It is built on the extended and freshly compiled MechCommander 2 system files based on the source code released by Microsoft and covered under the shared license agreement. Several additional tools and viewer are provided to allow easy mission design.
- wolfman's extended MC2X Mission Editor
- wolfman's extended MC2X Gaming Core
- wolfman's extended MC2X Viewer (Encyclopedia)
- Poison's "MechSwapper" tool to exchange units in existing missions
- Jussi's "MC2 Warrior Brain Tool" to easily allocate or create warrior brain files
- the re-distributable of important library files
- MC2xClean (to easily eliminate all *.lst,*txm, and thumb.db files and arm folders)
- the maps "Metropolitan" , "RedRock Outpost", "Paradise Defense", "City Assault", "Stormbreaker's Mudhole" and "Operation Delta"
- MC2X SkyViewer Folder
- MC2X TerrainOverlay Viewer Folder
- MC2X RandomMaps Viewer Folder
- MC2X AmbientTune Folder
- MC2X TerrainDetail Viewer Folder
- MC2X OverlayMask ViewerFolder
- MC2X OverlayMaskShape Viewer Folder
- MC2X Water Viewer Folder
-MC2X WaterDetail Viewer Folder
Thank you and credits to (in alphabetic order):
Aetrion, Battlemaster, Karl, Magic, Marceror, Paul, Rollin, Starman01, Raven IIC, VossieWulf
The features and the inventory available in MC2X are to some extent the collection of the work of the people mentioned above. They deserve the credit for their outstanding work and my greatest thanks for being able to feature their results in MC2X.
After almost 14 years of collecting inventory and features and improving I stopped to continue an anyhow incomplete list of who deserves credit for which features or object.
Magic has by far provided the most inventory and MC2-insights over several years.
THERE IS A LOT OF MAGIC IN MC2X --- Thank You
The first revision of MC2X was release in 2006 and continously improved and extended since then.
wolfman-MC2X is neither a total conversion nor a revolutionary approach to change MC2; it is intended to be an evolutionary improvement over time. This is a stand-alone installation; do not mix with any other MC2 installations or expansion packs.
wolfman-MC2X is based on the released MC2 source code; the source code release did not contain multiplayer gaming functionality nor embedded video capability.
Therefore wolfman-MC2X does not support multiplayer gaming nor in game videos.
Because of the missing video capability of the released source code, wolfman-MC2X does not contain the CARVER V campaign and is not fully compatible to missions or campaigns designed under and for wolfman-x !
wolfman-MC2X is not compatible to any other MC2 mod or campaigns/missions designed under other development environments. Never mix with files from other authors.
- wolfman-MC2X and its tools require:
- win XP SP3 or better (Win Vista, Win7 Ultimate (32bit and 64 bit), win 8.1Pro (64bit) work just fine)
- DirectX 9 or better
- DOT NET Framework 4.0 or better
- Visual C++ Redistributable Package (x86) (Visual Studio 2005)
* The Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package (x86) installs runtime components of
Visual C++ Libraries required to run applications developed with Visual C++ on a computer that does not have Visual C++ installed. These runtime files are part of the wolfman-MC2X installer package and will be offered for selection towards the end of the installation; select to install if you have not done before.
* Install wolfman-MC2X into a clean directory!
* Edit the mc2s.ini file to link WarriorBrainTool to your specific file folders
* System will select best possible resolution automatically and go full-screen-mode.
* Implemented Resolutions:
1280by720, 1280by800, 1280by1024, 1366by768, 1440by900, 1600by900,1600by1200, 1680by1050, 1856by1392, 1920by1080, 1920by1200, 2048by1536
All selection that fit on your screen can be selected manually as well and used in window-mode
* You may create desktop shortcuts for the following folders
* Set these Viewer folders to thumbnail presentation mode
- Use the wolfman-MC2X Uninstaller
- The uninstaller deletes all files that came with the installation.
- Any mission data files that came from independent installations or any savegame files are not impacted.
Visit wolfman's forum for support at: S2.invisionfree.com
Please send me an e-mail and let me know, if you feel that I did not give the deserved credit to somebody.
Let me know if you find something that should not be included in the wolfman-MC2X package.
I will review and make or eliminate objects from the package.
Read as well:
MC2X Advanced Scripting Options.pdf
MC2X MechSwapper Documentation.pdf
MC2X Terrain Overlay.pdf
MC2X Terrain Overlay X.pdf
wolfman-MC2X is for non-commercial enterprise only!
This is for fun and keeping a great game of tactical command alive.
Every use is under your sole responsibility and at your own risk.
Read Microsoft's Shared Source Limited Permissive License for use of MechCommander® 2 carefully. If you do not agree, don't use wolfman-MC2X in any ways.
Update: 22 mission campaign completed
wolfman-MC2X-URE (Starting point of story and for first msision)
What is the overall situation ?
Occupational forces took control over your home planet a long time ago.
They established a brutal regime to plunder the planet and strip it of all valuable natural resources.
The resources are transported by dropships to other planets.
The inhabitants are suppressed and used under slavery like conditions to do all the labor.
The inhabitants have no military capabilities anymore and lost all prior equipment.
Because there is no resistance on the planet anymore:
- the occupation army is strong but dominantly using green pilots that are exchanged periodically;
- their equipment is not the latest technology standard;
- they have only 6 bases distributed over the occupied planet to control it and maintain the logistics towards their home planet.
The communication between different zones in one area requires com towers.
The communication between different areas on the planet requires com dishes.
The long-distance communication between planets requires Hyper-Pulse Stations.
All moderate or peaceful approaches to regain independence had been beaten down by brute force;it is time to try differently.
Who are you ?
You are a former commander of the planet's small army that is in hiding since years.
You have still connections to trusted friends from former times and good contacts to the so called 'collectors'.
The collectors are people without use for the occupational forces that live nomad style and collect objects and information.
They sell both to the highest bidder and thus are left alone in most cases by the occupants but used to their benefit.
The collectors have very few weapons and units they found on various battlefields and then repaired, but do not pose any threat.
You got a few names of soldiers in the occupational army that sympathizes with the inhabitants and condemn the approach of the occupational forces.
Where ever they might come from, but all potential supporters of any rebellious uprise will use code names as call sign.
What is the current and unique opportunity ?
Base Alpha was built into four extended rock formations inside a pretty remote dry land.
It holds an airfield as well as two fortified encampments and one outpost.
The purpose is to provide supply and maintain logistics and area security.
Even drop ships come here on a regular schedule.
One soldier with codename 'Rebel' is on guard duty at the outpost.
She provided valuable insider information about the entire operations and processes in the area.
Your challenge is to command her to successfully create an uprise and overthrow the occupation on the planet.
The uprise must be hidden from the occupants home planet to gain time and create a respectable defense before any reinforcements could arrive.
Thus the disruption of long-distance communication is key to success.
The next scheduled regular exchange of occupation forces is multiple month from now.
'Rebel' must Survive ! Her death would end any uprise because of her unique insights and iconic status to the resistance.
I just finished the first three missions of my next campaign "UPRISE".
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.