This is the installer/updater for Modern Warfare Mod 4.1 R1. It requires Windows Vista/7/8.
Are you getting bored of normal World in Conflict multiplayer? Have you ever wanted the experience of WiC, and more, in a modern setting with all your favourite vehicles and equipment?
Well, don't worry because Modern Warfare Mod 3 is here! Modern Warfare Mod 3 is designed from the ground up specifically to provide an exciting and renewed experience for people who are getting tired or bored of the vanilla multiplayer experience. So please, if you get bored of WiC, before you go and uninstall the game, give the mod a try and let us know how good it is!
Modern Warfare Mod Version 4.1 is now released, codenamed "Cuda".
Version 4.1 is a major maintenance release that brings following new features:
With inclusion of the artillery role into the networked gameplay system, we have now finally completed the last remaining puzzle in World in Conflict for portrayal of modern firearms.
NOTE: This mod requires your World in Conflict to be patched to version 184.108.40.206. or it will not work. To patch your game, simply start the game, sign into multiplayer, and it will detect that your game is outdated and patch it.
Choose which type of install you would like to do. Please note that the installer is only compatible with Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8. Not Windows XP.
This is a full version of the mod. Even if you don't have the mod at all this will install it as 4.1. If you do have a previous version, it will update you to 4.1.
MW Mod 4.1 release also updates the map pack. If you had a previous version of the map pack installed from older versions of the mod, please update it by downloading the latest map pack below:
The updated map pack improves performance of the mde_Reforger map and adds one additional map: do_Fulda by Slepnyrl.
NOTE: If you already had any version of the maps from 4.1 or onwards you do not need to redownload the maps.
Due to the increasing complexity in the simulation of missiles, aircraft, artillery, and more- Modern Warfare Mod 4 requires a higher-end system than specified on the original World in Conflict system requirements.
These are now the minimum system requirements:
These are now the recommended system requirements:
At minimum, your system (including video card) must maintain 27 frames per second or higher, and 40fps or higher is recommended for a good gameplay experience. Below 27 fps, numerous homing projectiles may miss their targets or fail to perform altogether. Try lowering your graphics settings if you cannot achieve enough frame rate.
World in Conflict and MW Mod both support multi-threading.
Due to the fact that WiC's dedicated server application (WiC_DS) only runs at 10 frames per second and is incredibly buggy, MW Mod cannot be run on dedicated servers or it will crash.
This means that all sessions need to be hosted by players.
For details on how to host a game with your friends or other MW Mod players, please see: Understanding Multiplayer for WiC MW Mod.
Firstly, here are some lists that may be useful:
- Substantially improved AI stability, addressing frequent in-game freeze-ups.
In order to further stabilize the game from CAI-caused crashes & freeze ups, bot-run Heavy SAM
sites are now no longer controlled by the in-game AI system. Instead, the new AI Subsystem Layer
(ASL) takes over and manages the AI SAM sites, completely bypassing the game's Commander AI (CAI)
- Support bots will now send SHORAD (short range AA) to the battle for frontline AA cover.
- AI operated Heavy SAM sites are now spawned further back to better protect important tactical &
strategic assets, such as arty noobs, C4I nodes, FOB and ballistic missile launchers, etc.
- AI/bot operated Heavy SAM and networked artilleries that are destroyed will now take up to 180
seconds to re-spawn.
- Improved AI for Infantry role bot players.
- AI players will now more frequently mount attacks in an aggressive fashion (like in vanilla game).
Units & Gameplay:
- Reduced price for RU armor role T-90, SA-22 Pantsir and SA-15 Tor M1.
- Attack Helicopters can now fully re-arm their missiles (using FOB or Mobile FARP) while there is still
ammo remaining. (i.e. if you re-arm at having 4/8 Hellfires left, you'll get it reset to 8/8 Hellfires.)
- Added Active Protection System (APS) to Stryker MGS.
- Reduced pricing for RU Transport Attack Helicopter (Mi-24V)
- Added new model for following units:
M1A2 Abrams, M270A1 MLRS
- Corrected incorrect geometry on AH-64E Apache model (courtesy of NodUnit for assistance).
- Added new unit: M142 HIMARS -- cheaper, lighter Networked Artillery with half of armament payload from M270, but with faster mobility.
- Improved Joint Fire Support Network (JFSN) functionality for Network Artillery units:
- Removed "Fire units are re-aligning, wait x seconds.." holding times.
- Added 10 seconds alignment delay before executing each requested fire mission (in order to improve realism).
- Multiple artillery strike requests can be "stacked" / "queued" by requesting several artillery strikes simultaneously --
You can now perform "walking barrage" by requesting artillery in several zones ahead of enemy's advance.
- Networked Artillery MLRS units now have 70km+ range -- they can strike anywhere on the map, upon receiving fire mission request from a forward observer unit (i.e. infantry)
- In addition to infantry, the following vehicles can now call for artillery fire (offensive special ability) from Networked Artillery batteries:
T-80U (already present), Stryker MGS,
Light Utility Vehicles (jeeps), Transport trucks (Ural, M939),
LAV-AD, SA-13 / Strela,
AAVP7A1 and BTR-82 (amphibious transports)
- New ordnance for US JTDS aircraft system: AGM-154A Joint Standoff Weapon (JSOW)
Long range glide bomb to attack group of non-moving enemy units (fortifications, SAM sites, arty
noob blob etc).
Use JTAC infantry to designate the target -- if there are 3 or more vehicles located within the area,
F-18 will release the bomb as soon as possible.
The JSOW does not use laser illumination, instead it uses GPS/INS guidance only -- as a result, the
JSOW cannot be used to attack moving vehicles. JTAC infantry's laser is only used to 'designate' the
target area for JSOW launch. Once the JSOW has been released, JTAC does not need to keep
lasing his target any further.
FLINT Missile System:
- Flexible Interceptor Missile System engine has been upgraded to new version 4.0.
FLINT engine 4.0 brings several changes and improvements, such as:
- New physics integrator (Velocity-Verlet) and Linear Interpolation (Lerp) processing -- All FLINT missiles are now completely frame-rate independent. Aerodynamic physics are now handled same regardless of 10 fps or 60 fps.
- New aerodynamic system provides improved handling of gravitational acceleration, atmospheric pressure and improved modeling of rocket thrust.
- Completely rewritten implementation of Proportional Navigation (PN) guidance -- "closing velocity" is now properly estimated as specified on real-life implementations.
- Added Command-to-Line of Sight (CLOS) guidance algorithm for missiles employing CLOS/SACLOS (i.e. 9M120 Ataka, 9A4172 Vikhr M, Pantsir, Refleks, etc).
- The maximum altitude capable to be handled by FLINT engine has been raised from 2,000 wic meters (wm) peak altitude to 50,000 wm. Some ballistic missiles will now reach sub-orbital flight altitudes, exiting the atmosphere briefly at the peak of their flight.
- Launch altitude and launch speed are now modeled when calculating rocket's velocity.
- Additional bug fixes:
- Fixed an issue where AGM-114L Longbow Hellfire missile loses lock and flies straight into the sky during LOBL engagement. Missile now switches to inertial navigation when losing seeker lock, allowing it to steer back into the acquisition basket.
- Fixed a bug where AGM-65D Maverick warhead does not detonate upon impact.
- Fixed a bug where SA-22 and SA-15 SAMs did not engage JDAM PGMs.
Version 4.1 R1 Hotfix (Build 6171.02-20131209) Change Log
- Addressed a bug where Ballistic Missiles and some artillery rockets would "time out" and
self-destruct during lag situations.
- Optimized performance of mde_Reforger map.
- Decreased fire rate (from 7.5 to 6 seconds) on T-80U 2A46M gun auto loader.
- Reconfigured M1A2 Abrams MBT's side armor to account for lack of reactive armor plates (and for
- Helicopters hovering in low altitude at no visible speed will no longer be detected by fighter
aircraft's Look-Down/Shoot-Down (LDSD) radar for BVR engagement.
For those of you who are not aware of camerafreedom, it's recommended that you use it. Open the attached zip file and unpack the 'wicautoexec.txt' file...