Modern Warfare Mod 3 brings World in Conflict from the Cold War into the Modern Age. It also ups the ante on realism and authenticity in every role – Infantry, Armor, Support and Air, while trying our best to keep everything relatively balanced for fun and interesting gameplay.
Modern Warfare Mod 4.3 has now been released! For major changes, the new update introduces Iron Dome anti-rocket system made famous from Israel, and also adds Iskander M (SS-26 Stone) maneuvering ballistic missile to the Russian faction. Numerous other enhancements have been added, including improvements to AI bots, balancing and game performance & stability enhancements.
Posted by blahdy on Aug 10th, 2014
NOTE: This mod requires your World in Conflict to be patched to version 188.8.131.52. or it will not work. To patch your game, simply start the game, sign into multiplayer, and it will detect that your game is outdated and patch it.
Choose which type of install you would like to do. Please note that the installer is only compatible with Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8. Not Windows XP.
This is a full version of the mod. Even if you don't have the mod at all this will install it as the current version. If you do have a previous version, it will update you to the current version.
Maps were last updated during MW Mod 4.1 release. NOTE: If you already had any version of the maps from 4.1 or onwards you do not need to redownload the maps -- just get the updated mod instead.
If you had a previous version of the map pack installed from older versions of the mod, please update it by downloading the latest map pack below:
The updated map pack improves performance of the mde_Reforger map and adds one additional map: do_Fulda by Slepnyrl.
Due to the increasing complexity in the simulation of missiles, aircraft, artillery, and more- Modern Warfare Mod 4 requires a higher-end system than specified on the original World in Conflict system requirements.
These are now the minimum system requirements:
These are now the recommended system requirements:
At minimum, your system (including video card) must maintain 27 frames per second or higher, and 40fps or higher is recommended for a good gameplay experience. Below 27 fps, numerous homing projectiles may miss their targets or fail to perform altogether. Try lowering your graphics settings if you cannot achieve enough frame rate.
World in Conflict and MW Mod both support multi-threading.
Due to the fact that WiC's dedicated server application (WiC_DS) only runs at 10 frames per second and is incredibly buggy, MW Mod cannot be run on dedicated servers or it will crash.
This means that all sessions need to be hosted by players.
For details on how to host a game with your friends or other MW Mod players, please see: Understanding Multiplayer for WiC MW Mod.
Firstly, here are some lists that may be useful:
Last updated August 10, 2014
- BGM-71E TOW missile (fired by Bradley APC and airdropped Stryker TOW) now uses FLINT missile
- 9M22U rocket for BM-21 Mechanized Rocket Artillery now uses FLINT missile system.
- (RU) BM-21 artillery now has much longer firing range and more realistic CEP. Can lay down light
artillery barrage using rockets -- very devastating against light vehicles and infantry.
- (RU) Pricing for RU BM-21 increased (one unit is enough).
- (RU) Airdropped IFV tactical aid now drops 2S25 Sprut-SD light tank instead.
- Auto-stabilizer script added to main cannons for RU T-80UK, T-90 and 2S25 Sprut-SD tanks. Vehicle
can now fire much more accurately while on the move.
- New Unit (RU side): (Airdropped TA) OPFOR Tactical Missile Launcher (Zelzal II)
Fires a Zelzal II unguided short-range ballistic missile (SRBM). Inaccurate, but arrives more quickly on
target (due to significantly lower flight apogee) and can be massed to rain down heavy fire over the
- New Unit (RU side): (Airdropped TA) Theater Ballistic Missile Launcher (9K720 Iskander M)
Fires a 9M723K1 Iskander M quasi-ballistic missile with a maneuvering re-entry vehicle (MaRV).
Extremely accurate (5-10m CEP) and has capability to engage moving targets (using an infrared
homing seeker) during the terminal end-game phase.
The accuracy and terminal homing capability allows the missile to surgically decapture enemy-held
command points with a half-ton high-explosive. The missile also performs abrupt 20G lateral
maneuvers during terminal phase of its flight (while at Mach 4-4.5 diving speed), making it more
difficult to intercept by missile defense systems.
- New Unit (RU side): (Airdropped TA) Theater Ballistic Missile Launcher (9K720 Iskander M)
- New Unit (US side): Wide Area C-RAM - Iron Dome
Intercepts incoming artillery rockets in mid-air using its own interceptor missiles.
* Unit cannot move/relocate once spawned -- meant to provide anti-rocket protection for spawn
* Requires Heavy SAM (Patriot) unit to be present and turned on. Patriot units provide both the fire
control radar and Battle Management & Control (BMC) functions to Iron Dome units.
- (RU) 9M79 Tochka ballistic missile -- spin thruster animation has been removed; this missile does not
spin in flight to maintain stability.
- Ballistic missile launchers now reset their pitch aiming bones after firing their missile.
- Fixed a bug where vehicles do not fire on enemy infantry units on slow computers.
- (US) AGM-114L/R Hellfire missiles: enhanced inertial navigation for LOAL-HI flight trajectories.
- (US) AGM-114L/R Hellfire missiles: adjusted hitbox for game balancing.
- (US) AGM-88E HARM: adjusted lift & drag values to be more realistic.
- (US) Reworked the Longbow scan function for Attack Helicopter for Experts (AH-64E Apache).
Instead of revealing the target area with unlimited vision (where it's prone for game abuse and is
kind of cheating), the new function will perform a 360 degrees LOS reveal (radar sweep) *around*
the helicopter's current position.
This means that 'vision' / intelligence generated by Longbow's scan function is now subject to world
physics LOS constraints. In other words, if the target is hidden behind treeline or building, you will
now have to raise altitude higher or fly around to overcome the obstacles blocking your line of
sight. This also means that the Longbow radar will no longer reveal infantry hiding in trees or
- (JFSN Networked Artillery): When there are no enemy units in the target zone, if enemies are still
visible nearby (up to 375 wic meters), full spread fire mission (12 rounds) will now be sent. This is to
permit artillery spottiers to "lead" moving columns or predict enemy formations -- in other words,
this is to simulate "Heavy Artillery Barrage" tactical aid function.
- (US) MGM-168 ATACMS ballistic missile has now been re-written. The missile now takes enhanced
ballistic trajectory similar to Russian missiles -- it now takes much longer to arrive as the missile is
now subjected to ballistic physics (also enhancing game balance). The missile is also programmed for
quasi-ballistic maneuvering to mask its flight trajectory, making it more difficult to predict its impact
- (CommanderAI): Russian AI players will now request JFSN artillery strikes more frequently. Rocket
artillery salvo attacks are now more unrelenting and could get quite annoying for US ground units.
- (CommanderAI): Armor AI behavior has been improved significantly. AI now uses platoons to
command two groups of units, allowing them to more flexibly respond to changing battle situations.
- Improved guidance algorithm of Command-to-Line of Sight (CLOS) homing. Adjusted Beam Motion
Term (Bmp) and cross range guidance gain (K*CRE) on all CLOS-based missiles (57E6, 9M120, 9M119M,
BGM-71e). Still imperfect, but missiles now guide more accurately on target. (CLOS and beamriding
missiles are inherently vulnerable to crossing targets)
- (RU) Kh-25ML AGM (fired by Su-25 CAS1 craft) now uses proportional navigation homing.
- (RU) 9M332 Tor SAM: increased rocket specific impulse for improved boost acceleration.
- (RU) Mi-28 auto-tracker (for missile guidance) now has increased boresight angles of up to 120
degrees (from 25).
- (RU) 57E6 (Pantsir S1) warhead blast radius increased slightly.
- (RU) T-80UK Command Tank defensive smoke ability's recharge timer has been reduced to 15.
- Lowered pricing of JTAC/FAC infantry for all roles. For air/inf, it now costs 300 points. Try to use
JTAC infantry to provide forward observation/vision for your helicopters to stand-off from frontline
- (US) MIM-104 Patriot SAM: Weapons Control Computer (WCC) 6.0 version:
* Streamlined and optimized performance of various code & program functions.
* Numerous battle management and fire control functions have been rewritten to make them
'modular' in game. This allows other missiles (i.e. THAAD, ESSM, Tamir, Stunner, etc) to be more
easily integrated into the IADS for future.
* BMC integration & fire unit support for Iron Dome C-RAM.
* New threat category added to IADS: Rocket-Artillery-Mortar. Shows up as "RAM" for targets on
* Tamir: New interceptor missile added, for use by Iron Dome launchers. Maximum speed ~Mach 2,
uses "fire and update" principle similar to PAC-3 missiles for guidance; proximity-fuse based warhead
detonation mechanism simulated in game.
* Iron Dome: New mid-course guidance 'module' added for Tamir missiles used by Iron Dome.
* PAC-3 MSE: Enhanced mid-course guidance to better position the interceptor in front of its target
before entering terminal homing phase. Enhances hit-to-kill maneuvering against faster, more
difficult to intercept ballistic missiles.
* PAC-3 MSE: Can now sustain G-loads of up to 20G at 30km altitude, using programmed attitude
* PAC-3 MSE: Can now reach altitudes of up to 32km equivalent scale (3,216.2 wm). Missile is now
able to engage much faster ballistic missiles with reentry speeds in excess of 470wm/s+ (IRBM
* PAC-3 MSE: 1-dimension Kalman loop filter has been programmed into the seeker's homing logic, to
counter random maneuvers performed by Iskander TBM.
* WCC is now programmed to monitor outgoing SAM trajectory for terrain clearance. If the
outbound SAM is projected to impact terrain or buildings, guidance gain will be changed to steer
the missile away from terrain and buildings. This feature is in response to infantry players'
complaints on friendly-fire from PAC-2 missiles diving into their buildings, while trying to intercept a
- Flexible Interceptor (FLINT) Missile Simulation Software 4.1
New 4.1 version of missile simulator engine powering all guided missiles in the game. Changes &
* wicg.FLINTMover: Significant performance improvements on pathfinding logic used to find playfield
* wicg.FLINTMover: Compatibility with *all* map areas. FLINT missiles will no longer self-destruct
when flying over objects and terrain that are impassable to air units. Missiles can now be used
without sacrificing gameplay in maps with impassable objects such as do_Apocalypse,
do_SpaceNeedle, do_Studio, etc.
* wicg.FLINTMover: Missiles no longer explode on the ground when fired from edge of the map.
* wicg.MoverBase: Enhanced interaction with game's built-in netcode for smoother animation over
* EX3D rendering driver: Enhanced Lerp logic for smoother missile animation.
* EX3D rendering driver: Angle of Attack (AoA) is now calculated as the angle between the velocity
vector and the missile's center of gravity.
* Homing logic library: EXFLINT_Kalman_Filter() function has been added to provide Kalman filtering
for linear quadratic estimation. Kalman filter is now used by some missiles' (i.e. AIM-120C, Patriot,
etc) homing loop to reduce miss distance against unpredictably maneuvering targets.