Modern Warfare Mod 3 brings World in Conflict from the Cold War into the Modern Age. It also ups the ante on realism and authenticity in every role – Infantry, Armor, Support and Air, while trying our best to keep everything relatively balanced for fun and interesting gameplay.
This update adds FLINT 2.0 as well as a range of other improvements. Requires v220.127.116.11.
Posted by Heaney on Jun 5th, 2012
Modern Warfare Mod has been updated today to version 2.6.
The main improvement is that the FLINT missile engine featured in MW Mod 2.5 has been upgraded to version 2.0. This provides missile improvements in missile guidance systems, IMU, aerodynamics & drag and Predictive Guidance.
The PredictorFCS for for controlling rapid-firing AA guns has also been upgraded, to version 3.0. AA guns can shoot down almost anything, including FLINT missiles and rockets.
As well as these engine updates there are a range of small changes which are detailed in the changelog.
NOTE: This mod requires your World in Conflict to be patched to version 18.104.22.168. or it will not work. To patch your game, simply start the game, sign into multiplayer, and it will detect that your game needs patched and update your game.
Use these links to download the mod. If you already had 2.5 you do not need to redownload the maps.
Choose which type of install you would like to do. Please note that the installer is only compatible with Windows Vista and Windows 7, not Windows XP.
The maps installer has now been improved to be able to install the maps for all versions of World in Conflict, without you having to choose.
Due to the increasing complexity in the simulation of missiles, aircraft, artillery, and more- Modern Warfare Mod 2 requires a higher-end system than specified on the original World in Conflict system requirements.
At minimum, your system (including video card) must maintain 30 frames per second or higher. Below 30 fps, numerous homing projectiles may miss their targets or fail to perform altogether. Try lowering your graphics settings if you cannot achieve enough frame rate.
World in Conflict and MW Mod both support multi-threading. It's recommended for your system to have quad-core or better CPU, at minimum of a dual-core processor.
Firstly, here are some lists that may be useful:
- Improved game stability and fixed numerous instability problems that caused game to frequently freeze.
- Optimized graphics effects for ATGM explosions.
- Optimized LODs and texmem footprint for vehicle death animations.
- Fixed a bug with JTDS auto-pilot software where airplanes sometimes get "stuck" (stale-locked) and do not respond to player commands for air support. Stuck aircraft are now cleared within 20 seconds.
- Fixed a crash to desktop bug on do_Hometown.
- Fixed a bug where AGM-65 Maverick missile gets stuck in mid-air when targeting enemy unit on a bridge.
- Fixed a bug where APCs engaged high altitude aircraft.
FLINT Missile Simulator 2.0 Changes
- Significantly improved performance - missile guidance systems will now continue to work at lower frame rates (though at reduced accuracy). Minimum required frame rate is now reduced to 30 fps.
- WiC EX world linear interpolation / Lerp functions for MissileMover are now data-linked to the missile's Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) for more accurate calculations during frame loss or spikes in ping times/latency.
- New IMU code for all FLINT missiles; IMU can now measure closing velocity and calculate estimated time to impact.
- Improved physics math for calculating missile aerodynamics and drag.
- New guidance mode, "Predictive Guidance (PG)" is now supported by the engine. PG modifies proportional navigation by feeding radar range and estimated time to intercept data into the Zero Effort Miss (ZEM) estimation. Produces much more linear, energy-efficient intercept path for radar guided missiles. AIM-120, SA-22, SA-15 and AGM-114L now use the PG guidance.
- PredictorFCS 3.0 for controlling rapid-firing AA guns. AA guns can now use Moving Target Indicator (MTI) functions to track literally anything that moves by the pixels in the screen. FLINT missiles and rockets can now be gunned down.
- Pulse Doppler, Look-Down/Shoot-Down radar simulation for radar-guided missiles. You can now dodge incoming radar-guided missiles by flying low and placing the missile into a "notch gate" -- to do so, fly your chopper so that it is perfectly lined up perpendicular to the incoming missile's velocity vector. In other words, put the incoming missile exactly to your unit's 3 or 9 o'clock position at low altitude -- missile will lose guidance.
Gameplay Changes and Improvements
- 9M119M Refleks missile now launches at a pitched angle to clear obstacles and terrain.
- Forward Air Controller and JTAC infantry now have extended vision to spot enemy units from distance.
- Light AA (SHORAD) vehicles are now more difficult to spot until they open fire.
- FLINT 57E6-E (PANTSIR-S1) missile for RU SA-22 SAM. Top-out speed is Mach 3.0; missile is dual-stage and maneuvers after booster burn out in 2 seconds from launch.
- SA-22 Pantsir's 30mm auto-cannons can now track and gun down incoming Precision Guided Munitions (PGMs), including Hellfire and Maverick missiles.
- FLINT 9M331 (TOR M1) improved missile for RU SA-15 SAM. Missile weapon employment zone (WEZ) enlarged by 150% at medium-hi altitudes. Low altitude WEZ is unchanged. Missile aerodynamics and angular tracking rates updated to reflect more realistic behavior.
- RU BM-21 artillery area of effect (spreading radius) widened from 3.5 to 4.0.
- RU Mi-28 Attack Helicopter for Experts will now enter into auto-hover and raise altitude for you, when attempting to fire ATGM from very low altitude. Helicopter is much more useable now in hostile AA environments.
- US AI bots can now direct F-22 Combat Air Patrol flights.
- Aircraft Survivability Equipment (ASE) / Countermeasures Signalling Processor (CMSP) support added to US AH-1Z Cobra. Player will be alerted of enemy radar/SAM lock on and missile launches, just like on the Apache.
- RU Mi-28 Attack Helicopter can now ripple-fire several Ataka missiles in series against a target. You can now quickly punch through the target vehicle's Active Protection System (APS) by ripple-firing several missiles in a rapid succession.
- Increased damage of 70mm and 80mm rockets from helicopters.
- Increased damage of 20mm and 30mm guns from helicopters.
- Reduced Air Transport Helicopter cost for infantry role to 600 RP.
- Reduced the cost of Stryker ICV and BMP-2 for infantry role.
- Reduced TA cost of Transport Jeeps.
- Removed anti-tank mines.
- Combat Engineering squad can now deploy static anti-tank fortifications at player's designated spot in the immediate vicinity of the unit. Infantry must occupy the AT fortification in order for it to fire.