I would like to present You my mod for WarCraft II. It adds few new things including new units, graphics, sounds, music tracks, upgrades and even race. This project is quite big, and now I do not have time to do everything that I wanted to add, but I'd like to show You what I've been able to do :)
At last You have to know that this mod was made by one guy: me. I had to use some graphics that I found on the Internet or found in other games.
Races in Rise of Shadows:
- Tactic based on strong defense, healing or summoning,
- Elven Archers/Rangers replaced by human Crossbowmans/Marksmans,
- Dwarven Demo Squad replaced by Gnome Bomberman,
- Unique unit with special abilities: lord,
- Two way tech-tree: Light with paladins, mages and white towers; Domination with summoners, elementalists and black towers
- Humans includes human and gnome races.
- Tactic based on strong attack,
- Added Wolf Raiders and Ogre Goblinthrowers,
- Skeletons can be upgraded on more deadly unit,
- Two way tech-tree is still in progress...
- Orcs includes orc, ogre, troll, death knights, dragon, and goblin races.
- Tactic based on powerful but expensive units, with high technology or shamanism,
- Dwarven Catapults can be upgraded to long ranged Cannons,
- Strong infantry but much more slower than Footmans or Grunts,
- Two way tech-tree is based on dwarven Gods: Chlijus the god of beer and shamanism; Nordrin the god of technology with skytowers, tanks and self-reparable towers.
Warcraft 2 Rise of Shadows is a project including new race, rebalanced system with unique units and abilities to Warcraft 2. It's been a year since I released demo version. This demo got 534 downloads, it's quite a lot, more than I expected, so I have to ask you:
would you like to see more, full version of this fan expansion? It's still possible ;)
What's the plan?
The plan is to fix all bugs from demo version. After that I have to finish tech-trees for each race and bring back skirmish games with multiplayer.
What do you want from us?
First of all: opinion. Comment this subject and tell me what do you think about mod. If you like it, say the word to your friends and tell them about this project. Maybe you have some request for this expansion? Tell me about it.
How we can help you?
Every big project need a team. If you are a 2d graphic designer, or programmer, or composer, or even man full of ideas and you would like to work on Warcraft 2 mod - send me a private message and join my team :)
And thanks to everyone who played demo version.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.