DWP is a part of W.A.R. Project mod. It's aim is to allows player to fight battles in North Africa during World War 2. Because of number of differences between this theater of war and others I made a decision to release it as a separate mod. This mod will add some new features to game, units, models and maps for multiplayer fights.
I'm working on this project on my own. There is no team or anything. Maybe in future there will be people interested in joining this project and helping with everything. The most I need map makers, of course modeller would be very helpful, because that would make work on mod faster.
Here You can find some details about it:
- 4 nations - Great Britain and Germany (in beta version which will be released soon) plus Italy and USA (in full version, which I plan to release by the end of this year).
- 4 year settings - 1940, 1941, 1942, 1943 - which allow you to play in particular moment of war, each year will give you different units, available and some small features like for example new ammo types etc. Also each army will have different firepower and abilities in particular years - for example Matilda Mk II tank in early years will be one of more powerful tanks, but in 1943 Tiger tank will be the biggest and hardest unit in game. All armies will be balanced in historical way. There won't be typical counter units against others. With unique features each nation will need different gaming style.
- new infantry squad system - infantry will be more common as each squad - AT infantry, mg etc, will have more soldiers then in original MoW AS. Less smg's, more rifles. AT grenades will be less common. Units will have more historical equipment. I'm planning to add infantry squads like: Regular Infantry, MG support infantry Squad, AT Infantry Squad, Recon Infantry, Engineers Infantry Squad and some special infantry, typical for particular nation.
- new units, for example: A9 Cruiser Tank, A13 Cruiser Tank, PzKpfw III Ausf. G, E
and L, Mk VI Light Tank, M4A1 Sherman, M3 Stuart, SdKfz 250, SdKfz 8, new mortars and infantry weapons and much more.
- new balance system made on historical number of units - rare one, will be limited
in price and number, more common units will be much cheaper then others. For example in price of one Tiger USA player will be able to buy even 5 Shermans. Time limits will decrease possibility to spam units.
- realistic penetration system made on new range system - up to 200 m for tanks and 300 m for howitzers, guns will have worse penetration then in original game, which will make medium tanks fight much more interesting. There will be decreased chance of destroying particular elements of vehicles even if You penetrate armor.
- realistic speed of all units, ammo, inventory and armor.
- new maps, made especially for open battles in desert, allowing players to use different tactics to win ground. I'm planing to add different maps, not only "balanced" one.
- new sounds and textures for many units,
- new shells which increase firepower of specific guns - like 6pdr AT gun. Some of them available only in particular years.
- bigger battles, more units on the ground, end more difficult maps which will allow players to show their tactical skills. Number of different units will suite to historical situation, and will increase number of units of one type on battlefield. There won't be too much units to choose from. There will be different categories for units like Infantry, Guns and Howitzers, Recon units, Transport vehicles, and support, Tanks, Special Units.
- night battles, small urban battles and huge open desert fights. Each one will find something interesting to play.
Current mod status:
- New infantry: 75%
- New vehicles: 50%
- New graphics: 10%
- Coding: 5%
- Maps: 0%
- Multiplayer coding: 0%
I'm planing to release this mod in October. Alfa version of mod, available for few testers should be released by the end of this month. Beta version will be available for everyone in first weeks of October I think. It will add only 2 nations - Great Britain and Germany, and 3 year settings - 1941, 1942 and 1943. There will be few new maps. Full version of mod should be done by the end of this year. It depends on many things, as because I'm not a modeler, I have to wait for stuff made by different modders like for example Italian stuff made by Zeke Wolf.
Here You will find few screenshots of current work: