This is the New Vegas version. Please follow the installation instructions to the letter.
To install, please use a mod manager such as FOMM and don’t waste your time with a manual installation.
- VUI+ must be installed after, and be allowed to overwrite, the Mod Configuration Menu, One HUD, Weapon Mod Menu and any other mod supported by the User Interface Organizer. UIO must obviously be installed as well.
- Conflicting mods that cannot be supported by UIO should be installed with a patch according to the instructions of the patch. If there’s no patch available, you might try overwriting VUI+ at the cost of some of its features.
If you have any issues, please consult the UI mod installation guide. If it doesn't help you either, you’re welcome to ask for support.
Undiscovered locations (empty triangle spoilers) can be hidden from the compass until you discover them. This encourages exploration and elevates the importance of the Explorer perk. This option is provided during installation.
Additional settings can be modified via the settings.xml file at the Menus\Prefabs\VUI+ folder. You can change the maximum amount of topics in dialog menus, hide the activation prompt at the HUD, display numeric condition and hardcore stats on the PipBoy etc. Instructions are included in the file.
VUI+ has zero requirements and works with any mod that works in the vanilla interface, but you may find the following to be particularly interesting:
- Better Pickup Prompt. Improves the targeted item weight display on the HUD but also provides additional scripted fixes. I consider this mod essential to my game.
- Vanilla Loading Screens HD. I would not believe that a scaling algorithm could improve the original loading screens until I tried this mod.
- Vanilla HD HUD. Replaces several graphical UI elements with sharper versions. This is a definite improvement for those who would prefer a more modern UI look.
- Pause Menu HD. Unlike loading screens, this had to be made from scratch since the original is too small and blurry.
- Loot Menu and FPS Weapon Wheel Patches. Both of these mods work in vanilla but it’s amazing how much better they look after installing these patches.
- JSawyer Ultimate. Not a UI mod really, but a major gameplay improvement and I had to mention this here because it’s what I’m using at screenshots to showcase the DR/DT separation feature.