UTSDK October/November 2012 Release (Update)
Hey everyone! I feel in need for a necessary statement about the project's current state. Overall progress is quite good even if I have only much time left for it. Other things like work, university, other projects (Food Fight), music carreer consume a lot of time.
Because the coming release was intended be really, really huge I need some more weeks to pull things off for this release: either I put out a fine big release or it'll be a half-finished something (currently)...
Why is it intended to be a really big release?
Well, good question! Just because they were no releases since Q1/2012.
Speaking of big things I intended and already realized some major and delicate features and mechanics for the SDK. So, the already accomplished things are:
- Volume Support (Mappers gonna love this)
- many more Emitter Types and improved Particle Engine (I think you've already seen the new powerful SubUVEmitter and the Flames...)
- improved Interpolation System (supports smooth interpolation of float, vector, rotator and colors)
- extended Material Support (so they're not limited to be used on BSP only)
- extended Post Processing Support (cross-fade support, new Blend Modes etc.)
- completely new GUI/Menu System!
- tons of new UnrealED / UnrealScript functions
- new Static Mesh Features (changeable U/V Settings, dynamic color)
- updated OpenGL Driver
- dozens of fixes here and there
- a lot of new example content and ready-to-use classes (be surprised!)
And here are the neat things I really want in this release, but aren't finished yet:
- custom Game Launcher
- indipendent directory Structure
- a Testing and Showcase Environment (this is really necessary)
- Setup installation support
To even raise the bar: there're a homepage, a re-design of this Moddb profile and new videos planned too. So all in all I hope I'll can release this huge baby at the end of November and simultaneously continue my work on Food Fight and other stuff too. If you have any questions or criticism use the comments or go to UT99.org and discuss. Thanks for your time!