After nearly 7 years and four major versions, FrozenSand, LLC (formerly Silicon Ice Development) is thrilled to announce the upcoming release of Urban Terror (v4.0). As mentioned on Urban Radio with Oswald this past Saturday, the upcoming release will take place on Sunday, April 1. No fooling, this is not an evil April Fool's Day joke the development team is playing.
The release will begin with the Urban Radio Release Party followed by news on the Urban Terror web site that will contain links and release information. Some of the features of the new release include:
- All new player models, skins and animation.
- New hit detection system
- 20+ levels of terror including 8 new levels.
- Addition of statistics to the UI.
- Updated user interface
- "funstuff" to personalize your character
- Power sliding
- Standalone version (used with Q3 or any open sourced Q3 engine)
For more information on the release and what time the festivities will get under way, visit the urbanterror.net web site.