Ultimate Apocalypse is a mod for Dawn of War Soulstorm, which aims to create the most diverse possible unit and faction selection within the confines of the original DOW engine. We strive to create the most engaging and balanced Warhammer 40,000 game that we can, without sacrificing the fun factor. From hordes of Orks to the towering Titans, you can always find a new way to play UA. We invite all of you to join us on our Discord server to keep up with the development of the mod!

Forum Thread
Version 1.88.4 Changelog (Games : Dawn of War : Mods : Ultimate Apocalypse Mod (DOW SS) : Forum : Feedback : Version 1.88.4 Changelog) Locked
Thread Options 1 2
Oct 29 2016 Anchor

Hint:
* = Fixes.
- = Ideas not taken to effect yet.
!* = Applied ingame, but as rough drafts (non final product)
> = Noted for next version.
>> = Noted, but not for another two versions or more.

------------------------

PLANS FOR FUTURE VERSIONS:

None. This is the final version of UA created by Lord Cylarne due to financial issues. Read more if interested on our MOD DB forums within the news section of October 2016.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

------------------------
Global:
------------------------
* Tank Traps defense aura modifiers decreased.
* All titanic aircraft no longer contains shields, only walker titans.
* Donator names of the developer Lord Cylarne are placed within random units of any faction within the description of a unit; also
with a story within each. Find them and see their stories! Stories will be made up about something else if a donator gave no feedback about what they want added.
Donate to Lord Cylarne if you wish to have your name in the mod and tell a story about yourself or whatever you want! Patreon.com

AI Changes ------------------------

------------------------
Chaos Marines:
------------------------
* Cultists Prayer to the Dark Gods modifiers increased by 100%.
* Icon Bearer aura buff modifiers (depended on the mark chosen) increased by 50%.
* Icon Bearers of Slaanesh now actually apply a speed buff to squads.

AI Changes-------------

------------------------
Chaos Daemons:
------------------------
* Pink Horror Tzeentch Bolt upgrade costs 30 more requisition.
* Lord of Change sight radius increased and can now detect infiltrators.

AI Changes-------------

------------------------
Dark Eldar:
------------------------

* New unit: Agony Titan
* Reaper Shard cost increased by 150%. Damage against infantry decreased by 30%.
* Trueborn Warrior Greater Dark Lance cost increased. Damage decreased by 30%.
* Instigator Titan jump cooldown increased.
* Shield Generators ranged protection decreased.

AI Changes-------------

------------------------
Eldar:
------------------------
* Prism Shard damage against infantry decreased by 60%.

AI Changes-------------

------------------------
Imperial Guard:
------------------------
* New Research: Fortress Defenses
* Infantry Doctrine now applies more health, morale and damage to most infantry units, like an upgrade research. Description updated.
* Armor Doctrine now applies more health and damage to all Imperial Tanks. Like an armor bonus research. Description updated.
* Imperial Conscripts limit is now 3. Conscripts now cost no squad cap and are produced faster at HQs.
* Rough Riders damage output increased by 30%. Movement speed increased by 2 meters.
* Guardsmen squad loadout glitch is now fixed.
* Shadowsword Titanicus damage increased by 30%.
* Poison knives no longer infinitely stack on damage.
* Standard Bearer morale bonus modifiers increased by 100%.
* Psyker minor hero unit damage output increased by 75%.

AI Changes-------------

------------------------
Inquisition:
------------------------
* Warhound Purifier Titan damage versus titans, heavily armored vehicles/structures, and aircraft significantly decreased.
* Warhound Purifier Titan maximum damage decreased from 290 x 4 to 270 x 4 per second.
* Omnissiah Turrets effectiveness against structures decreased. Reload times increased by 2 seconds.
* Urban Territory resource rates decreased by 25%.
* Urban Territories no longer provide immediate requisition income bonuses.
* Grey Knight Incinerator and Psycannon damage outputs decreased by 20%.
* Blades and Armor research modifiers on all Grey Knights decreased.

AI Changes-------------

------------------------
Necrons:
------------------------

AI Changes-------------

------------------------
Orks:
------------------------
* Klan Zagdakka ability recharge rate decreased from 50% bonus to 25% bonus.
* Meanest And Biggest Generator now states once again that it has a radiation leak in its ucs.
* Meanest And Biggest Generator cost decreased from 4500 to 3500.
* Ork population bug was fixed when selecting Army Cap +10 and greater.
* Inspiring Choice population cost increased by 300%.
* Stormboyz can now garrisson in transports.
* Flash Gitz and Nob squads transport loadout decreased by 1.
* Lootas and Armored Nobz now cost 4 population from 5.
* Orks cost to reinforce increased along with producing them from Da Boyz Hut.
* Squiggoth cost increased and requires 5 more population.
* Gargant, Kustum Stompa, and Dakka Stompa population costs increased by 20.
AI Changes-------------

------------------------
Sisters of Battle:
------------------------
* Arch Angel now costs 2000 faith/relic to purchase.
* Losing HQs no longer affect the faith maximum income.
* Commander Choice: Faith addon now increases the faith income a lot more so it is a little more useful.

AI Changes-------------

------------------------
Space Marines:
------------------------

* Standard Bearer morale bonus modifiers increased by 100%.

AI Changes-------------

------------------------
Tau:
------------------------
* Mako Titan weapon range increased by 25 meters. Including abilities.
* Mako Titan rocket weaponry now fires 2x faster.
* Shield Generators ranged protection decreased.

AI Changes-------------

------------------------
Tyranids:
------------------------
* New Unit Update: Hierophant.
* Zoanthrope invulnerability bug is officially fixed now.
* Zoanthrope damage and health multiplied by two and always knocks back.
AI Changes-------------

--------------------------------------------------------|
Tech Trees (Visual Images Separate from mod): |

SCAR (Winconditions): |

* Super structures are now successfully revealed on the map.
* Army Cap / 3 wincondition was fixed and now divides army cap by 3 instead of 10.
* Orks population now completely works when selecting army cap + winconditions.

Oct 30 2016 Anchor

Your work is the primary reason I got so into 40k, and it's always been a blast playing your mod. I hope your family and you get through these tough times. Thank you, and good luck.

Oct 30 2016 Anchor

I can confirm that the Infantry Doctrine does not add nor mention a damage buff to the IG.

Oct 30 2016 Anchor

we will miss u

Oct 30 2016 Anchor

Long live King Cylarne!

Gonna give this stuff a spin throughout the day, report back anything I find.

Oct 30 2016 Anchor

aww :( no more trowing as many conscripts as possible ocn enemys

Oct 30 2016 Anchor

so no new version ? so sad . hope someone still develop this mod

Oct 30 2016 Anchor

Sorry to read you are leaving, hope all goes well for you in the future. Real awesome mod you have developed here, well done!

Oct 30 2016 Anchor

One noticable bug I've run into, there's a problem with Tyranids, the projectile used for the Bio Acid Node and the missile launcher spam from the Heirophant's turned into purple boxes D:

Oct 30 2016 Anchor

Sorry to see you go Lord_Cylarne, I just got here myself :( I am also on the edge of the poorhouse so I know how you feel and can't really help financially. Any other way I can help? Have any needs on the team? I'm not a very good programmer but I'm good with servers and websites, could help in early testing, packaging, distribution. (You guys could use a torrent...faster/easier downloading with integrated hashing so no more corrupt downloads...Moddb is...flakey, as I learned.)

Oct 30 2016 Anchor

The Warp Storm of Worlds End still just obliterates the entire map no matter where you cast it. Really sucks when you're playing chaos space marines.

Edited by: GeneralHavoc8989

Oct 30 2016 Anchor

well so sad that Lord Cylarne wrote he no longer support this mod . Maybe we meet him again next year in UA for DOW 3

Oct 30 2016 Anchor

No overcharged Lasgun upgrades?

Infantry Doctrine doesn't buff damage?

Armor Doctrine doesn't include early game vehicles and super heavies? I.E. Chimera, Kronus, Stormhammer?

We will miss you Cylarne, but life comes first and you made the right choice to leave UA. Good luck!

Edited by: Admiral_Gaarn

Oct 30 2016 Anchor

No overcharged Lasgun upgrades?

Infantry Doctrine doesn't buff damage?

Armor Doctrine doesn't include early game vehicles and super heavies? I.E. Chimera, Kronus, Stormhammer?

Yeah, I was honestly saddened by this. I pray Cylarne does have a better time than he does now though.

Oct 30 2016 Anchor

As others have mentioned the Imperial Guard doctrines are not working properly. I hope you have enough time to get them working properly before you leave us.

Best of luck Cylarne, we'll never forget you nor UA.

Oct 31 2016 Anchor

where another members of UA team ? leader is gone but where others ? do they continue develop this greatest mods for Warhammer 40k ?

Oct 31 2016 Anchor

To everyone worrying about the development of the mod - while I can't speak for the team itself, everyone's welcome to help add to it. Models, textures, voices, programming, everything. So even if Lord_Cylarne won't be able to add very much more, there will still be more versions and releases.

Best of luck to Cylarne in life!

Oct 31 2016 Anchor

Since the Daemon screamers (melee units that are not aircraft) can attack aircraft why cant that function be added to:

Greater Daemons (CSM too), Angron, Living Saints, Arch Angel, and the Avatar/Laughing God.

I have always thought that the DOW engine just didn't allow much a function but for the longest time screamers have been able to do it. This is not a balance issue relating to the screamers (keep them as they are), it is just an idea to improve the other units that that cant do anything about aircraft on their own.

*****Also there are 6 invincible units in this patch.

Edited by: VoidLight

Catz_Rule
Catz_Rule Uhhh....
Nov 1 2016 Anchor

So you wouldn't mind them meeleing thin air and the aircraft above them taking damage? Or do you mean they should melee upwards? I'm not sure how that could work, first one sounds ugly, second one would require new animations i think.

--

Ummm....

Nov 1 2016 Anchor

Tabletop Avatar is capable of ranged melta attacks :)

Edited by: KaelaMenshaKhaine

Nov 1 2016 Anchor

Not quite 100% sure but for some a new animation would be needed. It just happens that the screamers attack animation are flexible enough so that it kinda work when they are attacking aircraft. I didn't consider that increased height that the aircraft has as well.... I guess you could scrap the idea since it wont work without special animations for the units with wings preferably.

I just see no reason why a giant monster with wings couldn't attack things flying above it.

Edited by: VoidLight

Nov 2 2016 Anchor

Would certainly be possible, but yeah, will probably be stuff needed for the animation team. They're no doubt working on rigging for things we've not seen on our end yet, but then again someone had the time to re-animate the Heirophant alongside working on the Agony, so there's hope for some other big units to get some new moves and animations at some point.

Nov 3 2016 Anchor

anyone know where to download some big maps for UA mod ? i mean big map enought to build , map big enough for Apocalypse Titan ( imperator , agony titan ) can walk .

Nov 3 2016 Anchor

You can find a few if you just Google search for Soulstorm OR Dark Crusade maps.

Nov 5 2016 Anchor

I don't know if it's from this update but Daemons are pretty much impervious to ranged damage... And don't even get me started on their extremely durable flying Daemon Princes at 15min mark...

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.