Ultimate Apocalypse is a mod for Dawn of War Soulstorm, which aims to create the most diverse possible unit and faction selection within the confines of the original DOW engine. We strive to create the most engaging and balanced Warhammer 40,000 game that we can, without sacrificing the fun factor. From hordes of Orks to the towering Titans, you can always find a new way to play UA. We invite all of you to join us on our Discord server to keep up with the development of the mod!

Forum Thread
Fatal scar error on 1025 maps (Games : Dawn of War : Mods : Ultimate Apocalypse Mod (DOW SS) : Forum : Feedback : Fatal scar error on 1025 maps) Locked
Thread Options
Jul 25 2017 Anchor

Hello,

Me and a friend have been trying to get Tarsis Ultra and Castle Rounstien, both 1025 8 player maps, to work, but every time we start a game on them, we get a fatal scar error. Help? Also Chaos Trenches doesn't work.

Edited by: vakama112

Aug 15 2017 Anchor

Would love to see an answer to this, myself. I get the same result with those maps, as well as the Ultimate Apocalypse 8-player map when it tries to spawn a Titan with the critical location.

Aug 20 2017 Anchor

Same here, I'm up to date on everything I know of, (including the UA version that had to be released via Mediafire), except for the DoW Mod manager, and It really bums me out because Castle Rounstein (however it's spelled) is my all time favorite map. From what I've found, it seems that it could be the coding for some of the objects on the map(s)? I know these maps are pretty unique in that they block movement with destroyable entities (2 of very few, if those aren't, in fact, the only 2). Could it be the Wall/cathedral door entity coding that cause the problems? or could it be that on Castle R. that it's the teleporty tunnel things? Both?

I checked the Scarlog.txt thing, and for Castle Rousteinen, I got

- Log file for all error messages related to the Scar --

Total Destruction (rates) mod activated!
Apocalypse Rules wincondition enabled!
All AI disabled.
Total Destruction mod activated!
Legio Titanicus wincondition enabled!
Init AI Donations...
*ALERT: Invalid SigmaPlayer* in ParamTraits<SigmaPlayer*>::Pop
Lua Player.scar Ln 470 (Player_AreSquadsNearMarker)
Lua DATA:Scenarios\MP\8p_CastleRuosteinen.scar Ln 90 (Rule_Tunnel1)
Could not execute rule: Rule_Tunnel1
FATAL Scar Error while running rules - Execution has been paused.

And for Tarsis Ultra, I got the following:

-- Log file for all error messages related to the Scar --

*ALERT: Invalid player index
Lua DATA:Scenarios\MP\Tarsis Ultra\TarsisUltra.scar Ln 9 ((null))
FATAL Scar Error! - Execution has been paused. Error calling init function 6 : OnInit.

Edited by: That_one_user

Jan 8 2018 Anchor

Was this ever answered ?

Jun 14 2018 Anchor

Same here. I would just love to play these two great maps. Lots of maps will have to be checked too as some of them cause a lot of crashes.

I just hope the 1.9 is coming as promised for June/July 2018. Because I'm waiting for 1.88.7 since July 2017.

Thank you That_one_user for the work on checking the error message hope the Team is taking notice of this.

Aug 5 2018 Anchor

SO I decided to do a little digging in the scar files for at least castle ruosteinen and tarsis ultra.

On Ruosteinen I always get a scar error when the map starts. Looking at the scar file I found this.

g_Player1 = World_GetPlayerAt(0)
g_Player2 = World_GetPlayerAt(1)
g_Player3 = World_GetPlayerAt(2)
---

---
if Player_AreSquadsNearMarker( g_Player1, "mkr_insideTunnel1" ) 
or Player_AreSquadsNearMarker( g_Player2, "mkr_insideTunnel1" )
or Player_AreSquadsNearMarker( g_Player3, "mkr_insideTunnel1" ) 
then 
-- get the squads and despawn them 
Player_GetAllSquadsNearMarker( g_Player1, "sg_tunnel"..g_EntryCount, "mkr_insideTunnel1" ) 
Player_GetAllSquadsNearMarker( g_Player2, "sg_tunnel"..g_EntryCount, "mkr_insideTunnel1" ) 
Player_GetAllSquadsNearMarker( g_Player3, "sg_tunnel"..g_EntryCount, "mkr_insideTunnel1" ) 
SGroup_DeSpawn( "sg_tunnel"..g_EntryCount ) g_EntryCount = g_EntryCount+1 table.insert(t_Tunnel1Queue, 0) 
end

tested the map with me and 2 AI filling the 2 & 3 start positions. No scar error, works fine.

Tried with just myself and I get a scar error.

It seems like the 1025 maps have some scripting that bugs out if you don't have the declared character positions filled.

I commented out the player 2 and 3 variables and where they where called.

Lo and behold the map runs perfectly so far. I can play solo against 5 AI with no scar errors now.

Tarsis Ultra seems the same way:

g_Player1 = World_GetPlayerAt(0)
g_Player2 = World_GetPlayerAt(1)
g_Player3 = World_GetPlayerAt(2)
g_Player4 = World_GetPlayerAt(3)
g_Player5 = World_GetPlayerAt(4)
g_Player6 = World_GetPlayerAt(5)
g_Player7 = World_GetPlayerAt(6)
g_Player8 = World_GetPlayerAt(7)
... etc.

This means the map will function if and only if you have exactly 8 players.

Might be worthwhile to check out the other 1025 sized maps and see if they suffer from this as well.

Hope this helps some people out.

UPDATE:

I did some testing in multiplayer last night and ran into desync errors with my buddy trying to test Castle Ruosteinen. I'm gonna have him try and replace the scar file again if he gets online tonight to test and see if it was just a minor file mismatch. However I have the map now working for any amount of AI players in skirmish, no scar errors there at least.

Edited by: six7six

Aug 21 2018 Anchor

I definitely need to give this a shot.

Sep 4 2018 Anchor

So I went a bit too far playing with the scar editing... I still can't figure out what causes multiplayer desync on larger maps. I have a new approach but it will take a while to see if it is the problem. So far the biggest desync issues come from scripts so I think there may be a possibility that the script for the addons selected for the match may cause desyncs for certain factions or map sizes (this might be the AI pathing addon). Ill be back with updates on this.

Meanwhile I modified the castle ruosteinen map to have a single player style variation based on what faction you play. You get a little suite of complementary buildings from another faction at the start.

Here is a google drive link for anyone interested in checking it out. It also has the scar error on launch bug fixed so you can play the map solo/with whatever number of AI you want.

Make sure you backup your original .scar file before replacing.

8p_CastleRuosteinen.scar

Edited by: six7six

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.