Ultimate Apocalypse is a mod for Dawn of War Soulstorm, which aims to create the most diverse possible unit and faction selection within the confines of the original DOW engine. We strive to create the most engaging and balanced Warhammer 40,000 game that we can, without sacrificing the fun factor. From hordes of Orks to the towering Titans, you can always find a new way to play UA. We invite all of you to join us on our Discord server to keep up with the development of the mod!

Forum Thread
Dawn of war 3 modding support confirmed..? (Games : Dawn of War : Mods : Ultimate Apocalypse Mod (DOW SS) : Forum : Fan Thread : Dawn of war 3 modding support confirmed..?) Locked
Thread Options
Catz_Rule
Catz_Rule Uhhh....
Aug 14 2016 Anchor

Check 6:30 in the video. This guy claimed that relic confirmed that DoW 3 will having SOME form of modding support. Not sure how viable the information is though. What do you guys think?

Edited by: Catz_Rule

Aug 16 2016 Anchor

"some form"... that sounds like DoW2 to me which comes nowhere as moddable as DoW1 was.

Aug 23 2016 Anchor

As long as I can mod in nukes and remove limits of units and etcetera, there won't be any issues (hopefully).

Aug 31 2016 Anchor

if no new units can be imported, than dow 3 for me is uselles.

Aug 31 2016 Anchor

^^ YEP! That would be a big one.

Oct 3 2016 Anchor

Problem with a very good mod support for a game like this is that the armies not yet released that they want to ship in a dlc form (one needs to make some money somehow) are at risk to be released by the community first (maybe with dow 1/2 modded assets at first) that would be an excellent deal for *us* but such a bad one on their side...

But yay, mod support, even a little !

Oct 3 2016 Anchor

They can make plenty of money off of the game... By making the game we want to play.

If they dont, then it wont matter how much dlc they try and sell because many wont even play the game itself.

I for one hope the game is as moddable or more than the first DoW. Regardless, i probably wont even get dow3 anyways. There are just too many "features" and design decisions with the game already that makes me not really care for it.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.