Ultimate Apocalypse is a mod for Dawn of War Soulstorm, which aims to create the most diverse possible unit and faction selection within the confines of the original DOW engine. We strive to create the most engaging and balanced Warhammer 40,000 game that we can, without sacrificing the fun factor. From hordes of Orks to the towering Titans, you can always find a new way to play UA. We invite all of you to join us on our Discord server to keep up with the development of the mod!

Forum Thread
Bug Report - Version 1.73.8 (Games : Dawn of War : Mods : Ultimate Apocalypse Mod (DOW SS) : Forum : Feedback : Bug Report - Version 1.73.8) Locked
Thread Options 1 2 3
Nov 12 2014 Anchor

Please state all possible or definite bugs that needs to be fixed in the next version, 1.73.9.

This thread relates to version 1.73.8, 1.73's patch only. All later versions will be posted on other threads.

Please read the FAQ before posting.

Also if you at all combined any older versions of UA mod with 1.73, that is a no - no. Please reinstall with version 1.73 as only mod version to report bugs with.

There will be NO "I am missing Tyranids race" reports. I will simply delete your post if this happens.

Nov 12 2014 Anchor

Lord_Cylarne wrote: Please state all possible or definite bugs that needs to be fixed in the next version, 1.73.9.

This thread relates to version 1.73.8, 1.73's patch only. All later versions will be posted on other threads.

Please read the FAQ before posting.

Also if you at all combined any older versions of UA mod with 1.73, that is a no - no. Please reinstall with version 1.73 as only mod version to report bugs with.

There will be NO "I am missing Tyranids race" reports. I will simply delete your post if this happens.

Hello Master Doofus but where I download 1.73.8??? Thanks and best regards.

Nov 13 2014 Anchor

You posted too soon.

Master Doofus well that's new :p

Battlemage1
Battlemage1 Inquisitor
Nov 13 2014 Anchor

Sometimes better show than just say.

Valkyrie model bugs

Vulture model bugs (and it's also shooting birds instead of hostiles. Lock it's weapons on target, please!

And the Vulture as it should be.

--

Innocence proves nothing

Deuce_Savage
Deuce_Savage Warhammer 40,000 hamburgers to go, please!
Nov 13 2014 Anchor

Appears the AI main base building is out of control. User control is ok as i would build like a architect & create a decent accessible base but when the AI goes to town, it clutters everything up. I seen larger Ork vehicles get logged jammed inside their base when i needed them the most to help distract the Tyranids! Same goes for the larger Tyranids half the times (sometimes they are good at squeezing out). I'll try other races & see what happens...

--

In science fiction, fantasy, & art - anything goes baby!

Nov 13 2014 Anchor

REPORT OF BUG (I GUESS)

When I play vs Dark Eldar the mandrakes can attack invisible and still being invisible. Supposedly, the infiltrated units must dislpay not invisible. This is right or I'm wrong. Thanks for your attention.

Edited by: ralleo1980

Nov 14 2014 Anchor

leman russ Annihilator lasers on boths sides are changed to machine guns? I hope its a bug

Nov 14 2014 Anchor

REPORT OF BUG (I GUESS)

Why the turrets (IG) cannot detect infiltrated units??? Playing vs Dark Eldars (DE) I built a turret beside a Critical Location and can't detect Mandrakes. If turrets cannot detect them then it's a disadvantage.

Nov 14 2014 Anchor

the taus are too strong are not balanced with the other races.
also wanted to say that you should Ork uploading of force as an old- the strongest melee to be a very loose race

Nov 14 2014 Anchor

BlessedOne wrote: leman russ Annihilator lasers on boths sides are changed to machine guns? I hope its a bug

I can't confirm this is accurate. I just played with the Annihilator last night and I did not see bolters. Perhaps since there is many tanks, soooo many that it is possible that you accidently mixed up a tank? Dunno. I just know what I know. However if there IS bolters on it, yeah I'm fixing dat. xD

@deuce: You were most likely experiencing pathfinding issues that is inevitable to happen to every AI (unless I find a clever way to fix). Vehicles are a bit large to pass through multiple structures due to their size compared to infantry, but indeed this is an issue that is concerning... at a low priority that may or may not get fixed. :) If it helps, you can restrict multi builds for hard and higher difficulties. ^^

@ralleo: Turrets cannot detect infiltration anymore, but every single infantry unit can. Mandrakes are apparently bugged and will be fixed in next version. :)

Nov 14 2014 Anchor

I'm playing on hard difficulty against AI and i noticed many stupid things it does.

AI loves its building and the more the better, that's its motto. I bet if i played against 1 AI on 8 player map it would build entire megacity on said map. In theory its good to have few building for faster units production, research, extra generators from hq but when i check AI has like 20k req and 10k power in a bank so it doesn't need 4 hqs next to each other while spreading its generators around random points on the map. Also even when they have said amount of resources they still have used little capacity for their infantry and vehicles. While i'm fielding 30/30 infantry and vehicles ai has something like 8/30 15/30 no matter how much resources they have. Also they tend to block their units with building so some of them armies are stuck in base.

I don't know its its possible but it could help if ai stopped building all these t0 units once they reach t3/4. Seeing mandrakes, conscripts or grot bands against my titans is just sad and is total waste of squad cap resource for ai. While this can be justified for tyranids cos they need these meatshields i can hardly see it being worth for any other race, maybe guardsmen but your better off with karsinks/normal guardsmen or ogryns instead of conscripts.

Necros cause ai error. It doesn't happen all the times, its actually rare but it happens. Mostly in mid game. I dont know why or what causes this because i played against necros successfully even till late on some maps but it errors out on few occasions.

Nov 14 2014 Anchor

Stuttering Gameplay Unless Recreate Scar Issues:

Like the other patches, when I try to play the new version of UA or UA Fan Add On, my game with normal/correct victory conditions and other options selected will freeze every .5 seconds, giving a almost 'stop motion' appearance and choppy gameplay.

However, when I intentionally choose conflicting victory conditions (i.e. Survival 25 Mins. + Survival 45 Mins. + Win/Lose: Annihilate) to cause a 'Fatal Scar Error - Execution Paused' then hit Pause Break to continue, it plays seamlessly though the ugly error message remains on my screen. However, many of the various game mechanics/victory conditions I choose don't stick in this scenario nor am I able to actually win the match.

I've tried clean uninstalls and reinstalls in the past and still the problem hasn't subsided. Any thoughts? :(

Edited by: Dragaunus

Nov 14 2014 Anchor

Addon:Crazy Insane: Ork's and Dark Eldars Barracks aren't instantly built.

sinblood
sinblood Undefined Species
Nov 15 2014 Anchor

@Dragaunus: How much system ram do you have and most important, what is your cpu? Sounds like more something coming from hardware issue than mod itself.

--

Check my profile for some Tyranids retextures (link provided in pics description)

Nov 15 2014 Anchor

Explain me what is happening here Postimg.org why this tank have bolters ? . Is it just my problem?

Nov 15 2014 Anchor

sinblood wrote: @Dragaunus: How much system ram do you have and most important, what is your cpu? Sounds like more something coming from hardware issue than mod itself.

I have a really good gaming rig that's only about 2 years old. Plus the game runs great with the 'Scar Error' in effect and never had any problem like this for normal Soulstorm.  :/

sinblood
Nov 16 2014 Anchor

@Dragaunus: :D. Yes, thankfully vanilla Soulstorm run smooth for me too. Probably same with any rig not older than 6 years. But UA isn't vanilla Soulstorm. It is far more demanding to system AND game engine itself. To give you an idea, I was playing UA with a Pentium4 HT 3.0ghz with 2GO DDR @ 800mhz of sys ram and now I have a Core i5 (Ivy Bridge) 3.1ghz and 12GO DDR3 @1600 mhz. Still I have some massive slowdown in some situations. The exact same performance issues I got on my previous rig :) .
Only difference now is that I can play 1080p with every settings on high an driver filters settings maxed (16x aniso, FXAA+MSAA) and that the huge slowdowns are starting later in game than before.
This to say that it is probably impossible to run UA with a rock solid constant 60fps without a computer from NASA. I run DOWII maxed with almost constant blocked 60fps but I'm sure if someone would make an ambitious mod like UA, the game engine would not be able to follow too because it is not designed for such battle scale. Proof with SS is that if you revert back to vanilla camera you will have better performance than with UA default camera.
If you run the game better with SCAR error, I think that's because the mod/game isn't running like it should. Hence your "better" performance.
Just try this:
Make a copy of the 4p Apocallypse warzone map, but remove duplicated scar file that comes with it. So you will get 2 times the same map but one without the titan cannons working. On this "version, you'll get overall better performance and one more map to play with :)

Edit: Still about your regular micro freezing, I never experienced anything like that on my actual rig, so problem is probably on your end. That's why I asked about your system. Which you not really answered between.
Edit2: Try this too IF you use non steam version Moddb.com
Edit3: Try to disable V-synchro if it is enabled. Might help with micro freezing.

Edited by: sinblood

--

Check my profile for some Tyranids retextures (link provided in pics description)

Nov 16 2014 Anchor

REPORT OF BUG

When play vs Dark Eldar, they use and ability that all my units blow in the air... the problem is when the Heavy Weapon Team of IG was entrenched before the ability return to the ground thay can't be unentrenched and can shoot nevermore... I need destroy with DEL button to created another. Check this problem please n_n

Edited by: ralleo1980

Nov 16 2014 Anchor

XV202 Mako Titan's missle barage cannot be used if Ork Stompa had hit it with it's "Red Lightning Gun". It can be only used again after the Stompa is killed.

Nov 17 2014 Anchor

@sinblood

But the issue begins the moment a match starts, even before the AI or myself builds a single unit. :confused:

Also what's the easiest way to show my PC specs without revealing confidential information?

Edited by: Dragaunus

Nov 17 2014 Anchor

At what time does AI usually built monolith? I still don't see it.

sinblood
Nov 17 2014 Anchor

AI: 20, 30, too much minutes. If they are not re-dead yet...

--

Battlemage1
Battlemage1 Inquisitor
Nov 19 2014 Anchor

Tau Manta has bad firing anim. It's firing from wings, not weapons.

Also, IG air units still have take off anim after jump.

Sisters of Battle strike Lighting too big. Compare it with original fighter.

--

Innocence proves nothing

Nov 22 2014 Anchor

I haven't read every post in this section, so I'll just give in some things I belive are not functionning correctly :
- The Tau's Great Ethereal's Illusion spawns next to him, independently of where you ask him to appear.
- The IA seems to know precisely where infiltrated units are. This is particularly annoying since I usually have some stealth suits in front to give vision, and all of a sudden there's an ork air strike right there... I'm not talking about the extremely reactive way they scan the place where you stealth them, just the fact they know where they are. And they send units to find them, even though they shouldn't know they're there... See what I'm talking about ?
- Some Necron Heroes' active spells and Tyranids Hive Mind spells sometimes don't trigger. You click, they go on cooldown, and nothing happens. (especially the necron's active resurrection spells, when the passives do work)
- When attached to fire warriors or sunfire battlesuits, the XV89 Commander and the squad become invincible. Used to be the case with the Bodyguards, because they had two shields on top of another. You could attach the Great Ethereal for example to the Bodyguards and they would become invincible. Did not try with regular Crisis Battlesuits.
- Not all units appear in the army painter.
- Some flying units get stuck on certain maps' elevation (not especially something you could fix, but it's still a bug)
- Ork Deff Dread's attack animation sometimes doesn't trigger, and destroyed a building at short range (not melee) with no animation.

That is all I can think of right now...

Nov 23 2014 Anchor

Saryk360 wrote: I haven't read every post in this section, so I'll just give in some things I belive are not functionning correctly :
- The IA seems to know precisely where infiltrated units are. This is particularly annoying since I usually have some stealth suits in front to give vision, and all of a sudden there's an ork air strike right there... I'm not talking about the extremely reactive way they scan the place where you stealth them, just the fact they know where they are. And they send units to find them, even though they shouldn't know they're there... See what I'm talking about ?
- Not all units appear in the army painter.

The AI knows where infiltrators are but that is related with the game engine and thus it is not something that can be fixed as far as i am aware. On original SS, the enemy AI usually uses reveal abilities on the exact position you have infiltrated units but that is how Relic made it.
In what relates to the army painter, there are limited slots of what can be displayed in the army painter and some units don't actually look good on the army painter mostly because of relative proportions. Either way units not in the army painter is not actually a bug and keep in mind most races on original SS only have 2 units displayed on the army painter (generally 1 infantry unit and 1 vehicle) so the current amount of displayable units is better than it was.

--

Apparently people don't like me :(
Is it because i was tainted by Chaos? Cause I already born that way...

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.