Ultimate Apocalypse is a mod for Dawn of War Soulstorm, which aims to create the most diverse possible unit and faction selection within the confines of the original DOW engine. We strive to create the most engaging and balanced Warhammer 40,000 game that we can, without sacrificing the fun factor. From hordes of Orks to the towering Titans, you can always find a new way to play UA. We invite all of you to join us on our Discord server to keep up with the development of the mod!

Forum Thread
Bug Report - 1.72 (Games : Dawn of War : Mods : Ultimate Apocalypse Mod (DOW SS) : Forum : Feedback : Bug Report - 1.72) Locked
Thread Options 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Apr 23 2013 Anchor

Please state all possible or definite bugs that needs to be fixed in the next version, 1.73.

This thread relates to version 1.72, the Grand Release patch only. All later versions will be posted on other threads.

Please read the FAQ before posting.

Edited by: Lord_Cylarne

Apr 23 2013 Anchor

So, I'm still getting a fatal scar error when playing the Kaurava campaign, idk if its just with IG, or what, but if i click the menu button, and then click resume game it allows me to play, but the words "FATAL SCAR ERROR - PAUSED etc.. " still stay on the screen .

Apr 24 2013 Anchor

Space Marines can't use the Demolition charges because it says requires Regimental Command

Apr 24 2013 Anchor

the chaos daemons have gone missing in both new races and campain

Deuce_Savage
Deuce_Savage Warhammer 40,000 hamburgers to go, please!
Apr 24 2013 Anchor

Single player - I got a Fatal Scar Error right off the bat of all places in the 4 player Map: Biffys Peril!

In campaign, thought i chosed Space Marines & ended up with IG, unless i made a mistake. Too tired staying up late...
When building the radar station for IG, its Invisible but once built, it appears solid normal.
I played on Easy for campaign & l o s t! It played like it was really hard (IG vs SoB)!

I discoveresd couple anomalies but have to double check because i played a previously saved game that may not count (enemy base had built & surrounded itself with 3 or 4 dozen infantry bunkers) and (Reaver Titan appeared extra taller & too close to the smog effect where you could barely see its head towards the sky. Afterwards it appeared to settle down to its normal hieght as it appeared ok). I already have a personal Camera.Lua i could use to see half of a large map if i wanted. Great for to see Titans that much better! I think its the best of the best camera angle offered by anybody else.

Will report back later this week if i find any more minor stuff, looks great so far...

Edited by: Deuce_Savage

--

In science fiction, fantasy, & art - anything goes baby!

Apr 24 2013 Anchor

Tyranids things arn't free when Apocalypse win condition is activated.

Apr 24 2013 Anchor

iBabylon wrote: So, I'm still getting a fatal scar error when playing the Kaurava campaign, idk if its just with IG, or what, but if i click the menu button, and then click resume game it allows me to play, but the words "FATAL SCAR ERROR - PAUSED etc.. " still stay on the screen .

Worked fine for me , it's either a corrupt file or a wrong install on your part

brydar wrote: the chaos daemons have gone missing in both new races and campain

The chaos deamons have been taken away as they are going trough a revamp

deuce_savage wrote: In campaign, thought i chosed Space Marines & ended up with IG, unless i made a mistake. Too tired staying up late...

When building the radar station for IG, its Invisible but once built, it appears solid normal.

I played on Easy for campaign & l o s t! It played like it was really hard!

1st - I think you misclicked :D
2nd - It was always like that for me :o
3rd - true dat , as IG i was being under a constant assault by the sister of battle , you gotta guess which unit. clue : it has wing and she pay the blood debt of human kind :p

Edited by: jehts

Apr 24 2013 Anchor

fatal scar error on the chaos survial map afer the 20 levels are done and the appocilspe starts
will look for more bugs to report

Edited by: brydar

Apr 24 2013 Anchor

About Fatal Scar Errors:

PLEASE, whenever possible, include a "console screenshot". Otherwise fixing the scar error is almost a guessing game.

How to take a console screenshot:
The tricky part is getting the DoW game console to show up, specially if you don't have your keyboard set to English.

1) How to set up a keyboard shortcut to change your keyboard input language to English. (If you have an English keyboard, skip to step 2)
(The exact names are slightly different on Windows XP and will most likely differ on 8 as well, but you should be able to figure it out with a bit of logic).
- Go to Control Panel.
- Select Region and Language.
- Select the Keyboards and Languages tab.
- Click the Change keyboards... button.
- On the General tab, Click the Add... button and select English (United States), Keyboard, United States-International. Click OK
- Then select the Advanced Key Settings tab. Select your native language from the list and click Change Key Sequence...
- Tick the Enable Key Sequence checkbox and select the key sequence you want to use to switch to your native language from the options below.
- Repeat that procedure with the English keyboard settings, but be sure of using a different key sequence.
- Done! Now you can switch to English and back to your native language anytime. Use the respective key sequence so your keyboard input is English when you need to display the console.

2) If encountering a Fatal Scar Error, use the following key combination to show the console, which should be displaying the cause of the error. The key combination is Ctrl + Shift + ~
The ~ key is right below Esc, illustrated here.

3) Once a Fatal Scar Error occurred and the console is visible, take a screenshot and upload it so we can know what exactly triggered the error.
For reference, the DoW game console looks like this.

Thanks for reporting bugs!

Edited by: Excogitatoris-Logica

--

How to improve performance on DoW: Soulstorm
if TV and Beer == nil then
rgd.GameData.crazy = true
rgd:save() end

Apr 24 2013 Anchor

Chaos Psyker requirement says "requires Mark of Khorne" when I have selected the mark of Khorne.

Apr 24 2013 Anchor

I get a crash to desktop when i was playing skirmish last night. there was 2 chaos players (i was one of them) one eldar and dark eldar aligned, 2 space marine players, and an ork player. halfway through the game, i was around tech 3 going to get 4, then the game mysteriously just crashes and im taken back to desktop, no soulstorm has stopped working pop ups, just the game crashes. i have never had this issue before with 1.71 and something new must be doing this.

Apr 24 2013 Anchor

My units don't target Zoantropes.

Edited by: Solaire

Apr 24 2013 Anchor

Forums.relicnews.com

^^^^ :D

@harry: One detail you missed, was it an 8 player map? I tested every factions ai, no race crashed, and every single one of them got their tier iv stuff and super structure. It must be engine related. AI cannot be the cause...

Someone wrote: My units don't target Zoantropes.

I can't read minds.

Apr 24 2013 Anchor

Okay so the bug is still persisting. I'm getting a fatal scar error, but IF I click "Menu" in the top right, and then click "Resume Game" I can play. This is just in the Campaign. The scar error is saying this, (i can't take a screen shot at the moment, it isn't letting me capture Dawn of War Soulstorm)

SCAR - *ALERT:[string "DATA:Scar/WinConditions/ _apocalypse_rules.s..."]:24: attempt to compare nil with number.

SCAR - FATAL Scar Error! - Execution has been paused. Error calling init function 5 : ApocalypseRules.

Apr 25 2013 Anchor

Chaos Deamon Missing!
The Icons of IGs' 'Heavy Bolter Turret' Wall and 'Autocannon Turret' Wall is swapped.
Defensive Wall Turrets are aiming wrong direction but damaging right target.

Edited by: jsalpa

Apr 25 2013 Anchor

jsalpa wrote: Chaos Deamon Missing!.

Daemons have been removed for retooling.

Deuce_Savage
Deuce_Savage Warhammer 40,000 hamburgers to go, please!
Apr 25 2013 Anchor

I reinstalled the 1.72 patch & this time it installed over something i missed before! Now Biffys Peril 4 player map did not Scar error! Kool...Game runs great! By the way, those various IG aircrafts laid waste to the SOB BIG TIME! Glad those previous glitchs are gone now, thnx...

--

In science fiction, fantasy, & art - anything goes baby!

Apr 25 2013 Anchor

When it says "Nuke inbound", I have no idea which enemy that superweapon belongs to, and what kind of superweapon it is. Can you change it to the name of the superweapon and state the enemy who use it? I know it is not a bug, it's just my suggestion.

Apr 25 2013 Anchor

the game force shuts every time after defeating the orc (main base) in Kaurava campaign. Is it just me? (played as Tau)

Apr 25 2013 Anchor

Probably not a bug, but the manta is wayyy too small. oh, and where is the use for the secret code you guys gave out a couple months back?

Apr 25 2013 Anchor

I found a small issue with the Hell Drake. The unit works fine it is just its ingame (and possibly its ingame_disabled) icons show up as a pink box. I understand that this just means the icon is just not existent in the directory. Also, I don't know if this was intended or not, but your command build menu icons have been replaced with the standard. Don't know if this was intended or not, but I just wanted to put that out there as well.

Secondly, the text for basically all of the new material is messed up. Either its broken text code (i.e. $1004050 no range), its non existent at all, or it has chaos descriptions. Other than these few issues I never found anything major, and I know that these two issues are easily fixable. 1.72 patch overall is great, I would just like to know what each new ability and grenade does :)

Apr 25 2013 Anchor

There are pink boxes all over the place, most commonly with the run icon :)

Apr 25 2013 Anchor

does anyone else keep getting fatal SCAR errors with the zombie arena? i'm not sure if i'm actually playing it right (space marines as my race, all others are random, fixed starting location, fixed teams) is this a problem on my part with the options?

Apr 25 2013 Anchor

Someone wrote: So, I'm still getting a fatal scar error when playing the Kaurava
campaign, idk if its just with IG, or what, but if i click the menu
button, and then click resume game it allows me to play, but the words
"FATAL SCAR ERROR - PAUSED etc.. " still stay on the screen .

Someone wrote: Single player - I got a Fatal Scar Error right off the bat of all places in the 4 player Map: Biffys Peril!

Someone wrote: does anyone else keep getting fatal SCAR errors with the zombie arena? i'm not sure if i'm actually playing it right (space marines as my race, all others are random, fixed starting location, fixed teams) is this a problem on my part with the options?

Mod install issue.

Someone wrote: fatal scar error on the chaos survial map afer the 20 levels are done and the appocilspe starts

I thought I fixed that. :8

Anyways, most of the stuff is not complete yet besides the obvious fixes. We're still having trouble with installation and FAQ management, I require patients for the hotfix. It will probably 80% positive be posted tomorrow. ;)

Someone wrote: Secondly, the text for basically all of the new material is messed up. Either its broken text code (i.e. $1004050 no range), its non existent at all, or it has chaos descriptions. Other than these few issues I never found anything major, and I know that these two issues are easily fixable. 1.72 patch overall is great, I would just like to know what each new ability and grenade does :)

Reinstall with latest 1.72 release. You got it too early.

Apr 25 2013 Anchor

just to let you know the terminators in the space marine campaign dont see to have textures or coulours it has the moudle and then anything added is like a mesh ?? but everything seems to work fine on them

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.