Ultimate Apocalypse is a mod for Dawn of War Soulstorm, which aims to create the most diverse possible unit and faction selection within the confines of the original DOW engine. We strive to create the most engaging and balanced Warhammer 40,000 game that we can, without sacrificing the fun factor. From hordes of Orks to the towering Titans, you can always find a new way to play UA. We invite all of you to join us on our Discord server to keep up with the development of the mod!

Forum Thread
Bug Report - 1.71 (Games : Dawn of War : Mods : Ultimate Apocalypse Mod (DOW SS) : Forum : Feedback : Bug Report - 1.71) Locked
Thread Options 1 2 3 4
Jan 13 2013 Anchor

Please state all possible or definite bugs that needs to be fixed in the next version, 1.72.

This thread relates to version 1.71, the Grand Release patch only. All later versions will be posted on other threads.

Please read the FAQ before posting.

Jan 13 2013 Anchor

Kaurava campaign is not functional. There appears to be no wincondition for the territory battles - first match of Chaos vs Dark Eldar, eliminating all Dark Eldar structures, units, and controlled points did not end the gaming session. The last tier was also unavailable, but I assume this was intentional.

Jan 13 2013 Anchor

the m2 of the utimate apocolispe campaign on the warpstorm apperring their's a fatal SCAR error and a spelling mistake shall not shal :(
I will cheak the other features and will report any other bugs I find any :|
edit 1
found another the imperial gard fortress the titain gun attacked my tau comander (fully upgrated) and I got a fatal SCAR error
edit 2
the tau suit comander with the squad, the nightwing talks about shadow heavy tanks,needs new text about what it does
edit 3
it could not exucute rule:Mission2_Warpstorm_Inerval and I just saying that the XV98 comander the nightwings does not say what they are.both types talk about falcom graf tanks (not shadow heavy tanks)

Edited by: brydar

Jan 13 2013 Anchor

the m2 worked fine to the end for me

Jan 13 2013 Anchor

As for me. :( But I guess I am worried now there is a little thing we, the UA team testers missed. If you can post a screenie of the console error messages, "CTRL+SHIFT+~" upon getting scar errors, we can fix your scar errors immediately.

As for the Kaurava Campaign... I swear to god I finished one mission and passed onto the main screen, are you SURE you killed everything on the map?

brydar wrote: the tau suit comander with the squad, the nightwing talks about shadow heavy tanks,needs new text about what it does

What does that mean? If i may ask?

Jan 13 2013 Anchor

Lord_Doofus wrote: As for the Kaurava Campaign... I swear to god I finished one mission and passed onto the main screen, are you SURE you killed everything on the map?

Tried it again, I can confirm that the skirmish won't end. Not with the Dark Eldar, at least - the Chaos campaign at the very least is not operational. I upgraded my heroes to level 8, gave my sorcerors the All Seeing Eye ability, and nothing showed up on the mini-map.

Also, the colour schemes were a bit schizophrenic - the cultists were Alpha legion, the marines seemed to be iron warriors, and the raptors were word bearers. What's even weirder was that my rubric marines (mark of tzeentch) had thousand sons colours, alpha legion badges, and their aspiring sorceror had a word bearer's badge...he's going through a very confusing time, clearly. Although if this was intentional, I agree it captures the feel of one of Abaddon's Black Crusades, seeing as a bunch of different legions will be recruited in.

Finally, I understand the need to remove the ability to go to tier 4 in campaign, but for Chaos there was no option to go to tier 3: no lascannons, no greater Daemons, no infiltrated marines.

Edited by: Jazz-Sandwich

Jan 13 2013 Anchor

Jazz-sandwich wrote: Finally, I understand the need to remove the ability to go to tier 4 in campaign, but for Chaos there was no option to go to tier 3: no lascannons, no greater Daemons, no infiltrated marines.

I second that As imperial guard , there is no leman russ and no baneblade anymore ! heresy !

Jan 13 2013 Anchor

i have noticed a little thing with the space marine librarian it has swapped models, if you choose the path of Spellbinding, the librarian will use the power sword model and the path of warrior uses the Staff
edit: actualy i just noticed the model is randomized, it just gave me the doubt since the description of Path of warrior says it brings the power sword

Edited by: Lunar-Starbreaker

Jan 14 2013 Anchor

Jazz-Sandwich wrote: Kaurava campaign is not functional. There appears to be no wincondition for the territory battles - first match of Chaos vs Dark Eldar, eliminating all Dark Eldar structures, units, and controlled points did not end the gaming session. The last tier was also unavailable, but I assume this was intentional.

Kaurava campaign is not functional too. I have tried Chaos/Eldar/Guard/Orks/Space_marines.
There is no wincondition for the territory battles.

Jan 14 2013 Anchor

With the Titan Wars win condition activated, the Hell Drake still requires 4 relic resource.

Jan 15 2013 Anchor

IG Wall Turrets still shoot with their gunners asses and sides and thus pointing their gun wrong way.

Jan 15 2013 Anchor

The Soul Grinder from chaos daemons is called something like " Effective against all units " instead :P

Jan 16 2013 Anchor

@Talic: I'm pretty sure I remember them saying that was an engine issue and thus could not be fixed.

The bugs that spring to mind:

Tyranids still have the build the same building so many times that you actually start gaining money from it glitch.

Daemons exploit. If at any point my (human) ally donates 100 power to me, I (playing as Daemons) receive 100 power. To my ally 100 power is hardly anything but for me 100 warp energy is immense power (100 being just an example, the exploit occurs with any amount of power).

In hardcore mode, the Dark Eldar honour guard has his normal amount of health. This may be the case with other honour guards too, I haven't tested them.

This may have been intentional but the Reaver titans missile barrage ability causes no friendly fire damage. I only thought it would because similar abilities do.

Jan 17 2013 Anchor

On the Insanity map in the campaign I receive a fatal scar error whenever I try to play it against orks. The error doesn't pop up immediatly but after the 3 unique objective notifications pop up.

Jan 17 2013 Anchor

Lord_Doofus wrote:

brydar wrote: the tau suit comander with the squad, the nightwing talks about shadow heavy tanks,needs new text about what it does

What does that mean? If i may ask?

He means the XV89 Commander, I believe - the two recruitable crisis suits have wonky description tags.

Jan 19 2013 Anchor

When I downloaded the 1.71 Mod/Patch, I've tried to use 7-Zip, but i get errors stating that I cannot open or export them :P

Jan 20 2013 Anchor

у меня не работают Кампания и Новые расы что делать?

Jan 22 2013 Anchor

When the hell drake is idle it shoots out its flames but near its mouth it shoots out bad fx. I don't know if you can fix this or not.

This is the Hell drakes breath

Edited by: Kairos_(Necronguy)

Jan 22 2013 Anchor

Here are Tyranid issues which really need fixing because in my opinion they're not playable right now. A friend and I tested these and we are 100% sure these bugs exist.

1) The Hive Mind can be used to reveal the fog and detect stealth units anywhere on the map. All you have to do is either zoom out enough to see it and click it to move it around or just click the hive mind icon on the top left and move it wherever you want to see.

2) If you are allied with Tyranids you receive significantly less power.The moment you ally with the Tyranids your +power is drastically lowered and the moment you break the alliance it goes back up. This bug also exists with the Daemons race.

3) If you build the same building over and over again enough times it goes from getting cheaper to actually giving you money.

4) Hive Tyrant moves around at insane speeds by the time all upgrades are complete (pretty sure this is not intended).

The following are balance issues and thoughts,

1) Reclamation pools give too much income, either limit them more or reduce the amount gained from them.

2) The current Hive Mind build anywhere you want whenever you want mechanic is crazy over powered. A ton of bio plasma turrets to back up your army is not right.

3) Tyranids Hive Fleet is ugly and a pain to use as it is impossible to set rally points and everything gets lost in and behind its smog.

4) The shot fired by the upgraded bio plasma turret and the biovores looks really cool until it impacts and leave that crummy crater.

Thanks for reading.

Jan 22 2013 Anchor

There is still a lot of "colour bleeding" all over the place. The ones I remember the most are when playing as Space marines with Sisters of Battle ally my Whirlwind had the weapons of a Sisters of Battle Exorcist MKI. Also when Daemons and Chaos are in the same game, Daemons uses the same flag as Chaos. Oh and Space marines listening posts tend to be wrong colour sometimes (haven't worked out when).

Jan 23 2013 Anchor

I have FINALLY been through the WHOLE THING on this buglist thread. Thank you everybody for posting, plus your patience. I know I am slow, but I do the best possible to cure as many bugs possible. I still have 7 threads to catch up on, though.

Just some comments and questions.

necronguy wrote: When the hell drake is idle it shoots oout its flames but in near its mouth it shoots out bad fx. I don't know if you can fix this or not.

This is the Hell drakes breath

What FX did you use to view this? I can't find the file and it will be APPRECIATED if you point me in the direction to fix that texture. ;)

Most things are fixed, some cannot be fixed. One thing I have ignored.

Game engine errors are something that is very sad for all modders everywhere. That includes lag, path finding issues, gui settings, fixed abilities set in hardcodes, Kaurava Campaign itself, and finally, new gameplay dynamics.

Here are some things I have ignored.

Someone wrote: IG Wall Turrets still shoot with their gunners asses and sides and thus pointing their gun wrong way.

Although it is something that is not fixable by me, our 3d modelers need to handle with it. So I ignored this.

Someone wrote: 3) If you build the same building over and over again enough times it goes from getting cheaper to actually giving you money.

Ok, I do NOT have that issue. Is this from version 1.7?

Jan 23 2013 Anchor
Someone wrote:3) If you build the same building over and over again enough times it goes from getting cheaper to actually giving you money.

Ok, I do NOT have that issue. Is this from version 1.7?

Hey this was me. No this is from version 1.71 for sure. I have the latest Tyranids, IDH and Daemons as well. I can take a screenshot as proof if you like, but this is definitely happening. Try creating the Gaunti Broodhive (or something like that) over and over again until you see the cost have a minus in front.

Not sure how to add pictures onto this so I sent it to a mate over Facebook and copied the image URL. Take a look at the link, its a screenshot of the bug :)

Facebook.com

p.s. don't apologise for being "slow" at fixing bugs, you're faster than most and are very impressive at what you do. Keep up the good work! :D

Jan 23 2013 Anchor

@ Bender.B.Rodríguez
This "negative cost" bug has been reported quite some times before but as I very, very, VERY rarely play as tyranids I never got to see it in person.
On a related note, your facebook link doesn't load nothin' xP
Try Imageshack for image hosting, it's pretty much self-explanatory. Ah! while I'm on it, don't use the suggested "forum links" code provided by imageshack (these have caused trouble such as duplicate "[img]" tags, tiny unclickable thumbnails, etc), use the Direct link. Even if you don't get your image previewed here the link to the full-sized picture is still usable :)

--

How to improve performance on DoW: Soulstorm
if TV and Beer == nil then
rgd.GameData.crazy = true
rgd:save() end

Jan 23 2013 Anchor

omfg he is right, and I finally found the modifier that causes this.....

good sir, the bug has been fixed!

Jan 24 2013 Anchor

@Rocket-Banana
Oh dam! Sorry it worked for me so I assumed it would for others too. Imageshack is great! So easy to use, thanks a lot :)

@Lord_Doofus
Here's the screenshot in case you still want to see it anyway, but I'm glad you found it and don't think im crazy :P
Img831.imageshack.us

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.