Recent deals with Vortex Studios have been made for our mutual benefit. I (HammBoy) will be coding for a project of theirs, and when I have completed the assigned task, daemones will help us make progress towards in-game coding for the space portion of Triumph of the Hierarchy. I am happy to report that meshes have been completed for every unit of every faction and that only rigging and texturing remains before coding can begin. Also, it has been decided that the third hero unit for the human faction will be an Odin-class Battlecarrier.
Splash Screen Contest!
Triumph Studios Modding will be hosting a splash screen contest! Using assets from the Beta, ModDB users can create a splash screen for the mod. The winner, selected by members of the mod team, will be featured in the mod. A page has been made for the contest. Requirements and entries can be found there. (Please note that the page and rules may still be unauthorized at the time this is posted.)
Progress for the Hierarchy Walkers has been slow. A rigger is need before either the Science Walker or Assembly Walker can be added in-game, but the Habitat Walker is fully functioning. The Purifier is in debugging stages. Anyone with experience coding vehicle turrets or magnepulse cannon abilities will be of use in expediting this process.
Changes to Release Plans
It has been decided that campaign will not be present in the full release, but added later as an expansion. The following plans for releases are as follows:
- Land Beta: Released (current release)
- Space/Galactic Beta: Will include full space and galactic combat (in development)
- Full Release: Will include bug fixes and balancing from the Beta stages
- Campaign Release: Will add scripted campaigns for the three factions
- Wrath of the Immortals: Will add the Masari as a playable faction in skirmish and galactic modes
- Masari Campaign: Will add a scripted campaign for the Masari faction
Please note that this list is subject to change at any time and is provided simply as a snapshot of where we are now.
Thanks for holding in through this dry period in the mod's development!
Lead Coder of TSM