You wake up in a beautiful room, you think you're dreaming but your mind loses control, you are trapped in your mind. You have been traumatized by the war and you saw your family die. You need to get out of your mind.
This custom story was very entertaining.
- A couple of glitches (stuck drawers, boxes clipping walls, chairs flinging across the room).
- Poor grammar and spelling in most notes.
- Some awkward environments, like the crazy door room (I realize it's for the insanity effect, but the black drop off underneath the map is kinda weird).
- While we're on the topic, figuring it out was rather confusing. Jumped a few times to my death because I tried to keep teleporting back to the room before.
- A few random jump scares (but they're reasonable, as they're justified by the character's insanity).
- Flying naked man, never original.
- The blind Kaernk (couldn't seem to find his way around the corridors; ended up making the encounter less scary).
- The grunt that couldn't figure out how to walk around a table (although it made for a good laugh).
- The opinionated endings. I think you should have left them as they were without the commentary in the credits. Neither option is "correct", it's just what people personally think is the right choice. Leaving it open to discussion makes it more interesting and though-provoking.
- Longer-than-average length for a custom story.
- Interesting story (grammar fixes would greatly improve it, though).
- (Surprisingly) A good ending for an Amnesia CS!
- Excellent atmosphere and environments.
- Good pacing overall with the scares.
- Great balance of calm-vs-tense moments.
- Above-average jump scares.
- That arm room.
- The fountain room.
- That Cuprite run (OHMYGOD I've never been so frightened in an Amnesia story).
I have to say, I absolutely loved this CS. It was incredibly well done and I think the only thing that could improve it are a few bug fixes and minor details. Easily one of my favorites and definitely worth the download.
- Story: 8/10
- Length: 8/10
- Puzzles: 7/10
- Scares: 9/10
- Environments: 9/10
- Originality: 8/10
The desk drawers in the starting rooms are often stuck, sometimes making them impossible to open. A few clipping textures, but they're mostly inconspicuous.
The mod itself was good otherwise. Very nteresting concept.