- When will the mod be released?
It is unknown even to us. This mod is a hobby we work on in our spare time, thus we don’t have set due dates and real life slows down development.
We can say however that the community will not be able to access the first public release any earlier than 2018. This release will not be the finished product.
- Where will the mod be released, and will we have to pay for it?
The mod will be released on ModDB and TWCenter. It is unlikely we will release it on Steam, as the file size will be too big, however we may release one part of the mod with the rest as an external download.
This mod is a free project. You don’t have to pay for it, and we aren’t paid for our work.
- What is the deal with the "LOTR Galadhrim Elves" mod for Attila and "LOTR Gondor Units Pack" for Rome 2?
The LOTR Galadhrim Elves mod is not exactly a submod for Rise of Mordor. It is a standalone mod that just so happens to be compatible with Rise of Mordor. We will create our own versions of all the models they have made, such as Elves, Aragorn and Sauron.
The LOTR Gondor Units Pack is also a standalone mod for Rome 2. It is not compatible with Rise of Mordor as it's for a different game. If the creator ports it to Attila we may help them make it compatible, but it doesn't count as an official submod.
- How much progress has been made on the mod?
Overall Rise of Mordor is more than 10% completed so far. Our team has completed 2 out of 19 factions. We have also done a lot of 2D art, text, database, music and made progress in other areas as well.
- What is the team focusing on at the moment?
Since Gondor and Dale are done we are now going to focus on Mordor and Isengard units. Besides units, we also plan to start battlefield modding (that includes siege battles and land battles). Besides these two main goals we will also work on other factions; creatures such as trolls, wargs and mumakil; and a lot more unit concepts and so on.
- Will there be a campaign?
The campaign development has been put on hold temporarily however it has not been written off, and is still in the plans for the future.
- Will the mod move to Total War: Warhammer?
There is no chance at all that the mod will move to Warhammer due to the rules regarding what types of mods are allowed, and the fact that even if we wanted to make the mod on Warhammer there's just so much stuff we can't mod that it becomes impossible.
- What about Mount and Blade Bannerlord, or the next Total War game?
The chance of us moving to Bannerlord or any other game is very small, and is pretty much not going to happen.
- How many factions will the mod have?
19 factions are planned for release 1.0. This may change in the future however.
The Factions in Total War: Rise of Mordor
- What cannot be modded in Total War Attila?
Campaign-related things such as the shape of the campaign map itself and video files (plus some hardcoded engine features).
- What about music in-game?
We have information that music modding is possible for Total War Attila and we have all reasons to trust it. However it will take hours of testing to get an idea of what exactly we are able to edit.
- Is it possible to donate to the mod?
No, we do not want or need donations for our work.
- Will custom beasts such as trolls be included?
- Will dwarven factions be able to recruit so called "goat cavalry"?
- Is the team looking for testers?
At the moment not really, but in the future we will.
- What positions can I apply for? How can I help the team?
The positions and requirements for them are detailed here. Basically they are 3D Character Artists, 3D Building/Environment Artists and Character Animators. You can also help out the team by contacting 3D Artists or Animators you know, who meet the level of quality expected, and informing them about the mod in case they'd like to apply to join the team.
- Do I need any DLC or base game only?
To play Rise of Mordor mod you need no DLCs but only the base game.
- Will RoM team include creatures/units/arts from other games or mods like Shadow of War or Third Age?
The Rise of Mordor team's content is based on 2 key references: logic&lore(books) and visuals(weta designs). This means we are never going to to use any kind of content from other games/mods/submods. You may wonder how we gonna fill the gaps that book/films provide? We have fantastic artists on our team and we're going to make/use our original ideas based again on books&films only.
Some questions about our mod have been asked over and over again. Hopefully this thread will help to answer some of them.
Posted by Caligula_ on