As some people were having difficulties with the launcher on its own, I have uploaded the complete Public Beta 4 directory for those of you whom have...
Tiberian Sun: UMP (Unofficial Mini-Patch) is like a base for new mods, it fixes all known (fixable) bugs in Tiberian Sun. The UMP also implements all Firestorm features into Tiberian Sun, so rather than modding Firestorm, you can just mod Tiberian Sun instead. Before starting any Tiberian Sun mod, it is not required, but highly recommended that you begin with installing the UMP.
Tiberian Sun Bug Fixes/Additions:
- Fixed Nod War Factory anmation
- Fixed Silo animation
- Fixed Secondary Hand of Nod animation (Flashing pixels on the antenna)
- Fixed Secondary GDI Barracks animation (Flashing pixels on the antenna)
- Fixed several animations on the Civilian Array
- Fixed several GAPLUG animations
- Partially fixed Dam animations (Not completely fixed)
- Fixed Proton projectile animation
- Fixed Disc grenade animation
- Fixed Harvesting animation
- Fixed CANISTER palette issue
- Fixed Harvester Dumping animation
- Fixed Animation errors on GATECH
- Fixed Animation errors on NATECH
- Fixed GDI Radar damage Animations
- Fixed Nod Stealth Generator damage Animations
- Fixed Armor Upgrade Crate, now increases Strength instead of decreasing it
- Fixed waterfall animations
- Fixed RPG Turret Frames
- Fixed Component Tower animation
- Fixed Nod Power Plant animation issues (overlapping)
- Fixed Obelisk charging animation for Tiberian Sun (Already fixed in Firestorm)
- Fixed Silo damage fill animation
- Added Entries to some Unused items in the mix files
- Removed Cyborg Reaper Death Animation due-to multiple kill point bug
- Both Tiberian Sun and Firestorm campaign maps are compatible with the UMP
- GAFIRE animation no longer shows through buildings
- NAPOST animation no longer shows through buildings
- NTPYRA animation no longer shows through buildings
- GAKODK animation no longer shows through buildings
- NAWAST animation no longer shows through buildings
- NAMTNK animation no longer shows through buildings
- ICBM PowerUp value fixed, changed to MLTIMISL
- Fixed VULCAN firing Animations on Mutants
- Removed TargetLaser=yes from Titan
- Titan FLH value fixed
- Added UMAGON Voiceover to MWMN Entry
Hello ladies and gentlemen. This news post is a little bit later than I had originally planned it to be as I have been busy with working on the mod itself. Lots of work on revamping some older terrain (Namely the slopes) is under way and already looking very promising and much better than what is currently in Public Beta 4.
Lots of staff members are appearing once again and are proving to be active once more! Including our very own ErastusMercy, Droke and Lin Kuei Ominae, whom have all shown plenty of work from behind the scenes and are no-longer deemed inactive staff members, which is very good news in terms of progression!
Placeholder art is currently our main goal to tackle. We're in the midst of replacing some older terrain tiles as already stated and finally getting rid of some older and lesser art. Two GDI vehicles have been completed recently to replace their lesser imagery. Straight out of ErastusMercy's workshop, the new GDI Dragonfly H.V.R. and the GDI Amphibious Tiberium Harvester.
Next in our line-up of showcasing are some new maps that have been produced recently. Some of you may have already seen these because of recent posts, but for those of you that haven't, here are some of our new multiplayer maps ready for gameplay (Note: In Arden River's preview you can catch a glimpse at the new slope set and some new terrain pieces).
Now Inspired by Mod of the Year 2013 and some of our affiliate projects recent updates, Twisted Insurrection's ModDB page is going to be getting a major make-over as soon as my emails are acknowledged by the site administrators. It's nothing overly fancy, but I feel it's nice to give each individual mod page it's own sense of character. Here is a preview of what ours is going to look like, though do note that it will most likely go under several changes once it's implemented, Special thanks to Starkku of one of our affiliate projects, Project Phantom for throwing a CSS code together:
There are a good number of work in Progress 3D Models from Lin Kuei Ominae which will soon because new Nod Structures, but remember: You can't rush art. There will be some new structures added eventually and hopefully I'll have some previews ready to show you by the end of this year! The following Nod Structures under development are the following: Laser Turret, Hall of Faith, Nod Refinery, Banshee Supply Facility.
There will be some more at a later date, but even though progress is moving forward once again, some of us are still very busy with our jobs, families, lives etc, but I thought you'd all like to see that we're not just being lazy!
Vote for Twisted Insurrection as Mod of the Year 2013! We reached the Top 100 in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 and would love to do so this year too, or even better, the top 10! So please cast your votes for Twisted Insurrection! If you don't... well... The Infector might have something to say about it...
Remember that you can vote for more than one Mod for Mod of the Year, released or not, so be sure to check out our affiliate pages as well!
And that's all for now. As Project Perfect mod seems to be having trouble recently with it's servers, I have ported a lot of the information on our website over here on ModDB. Check out the features section for complete lists of Nod, GDI and GloboTech Infantry, Vehicle and Aircraft information. There will be plenty more to come very soon!