A list of frequently asked questions. Please check below before asking your question.
Posted by MathijsRevora on
Frequently Asked Questions
- Which factions are currently in the mod?
As of Version 2.02, the mod contains Gondor, Isengard, Mordor, Misty Mountains, and Lothlórien.
- What are the planned factions for the mod?
- Will Angmar/Arnor be a standalone faction?
No. The mod is set during the final years of the Third Age, a time where both Angmar and Arnor are long gone.
- Would you consider adding more/different factions than the ones you have planned?
No. We have weighed our selection carefully and will not change it.
- When will the mod be released?
Current version can be found in our Files section.
- Can this mod be installed alongside Edain?
- Why did you base this off of 2.02?
Because 2.02 is the best available patch for RotWK. It fixes bugs, improved stability, and contains dozens of amazing new maps.
- What will this mod do to Create-A-Hero?
Currently we’re planning to give them better art. Further plans are TBD.
- I’m getting an error/crash/problem!
Take a look at our common issues and installation guide.
- Will there be a campaign?
- I have a suggestion for your mod, where can I post it?
Generally we only respond to suggestions made in our community forums:
- Will you eventually add in BFME1 style gameplay?
No, we’ll be keeping the free-build style.
- I want to play the mod but I don’t have BFME2 or RotWK installed.
We provide clean versions of each game (them being abandonware) plus installation instructions here:
- How do I apply to be a tester?
Be an active and positive presence in our community and we will consider you when we are in need of testers.
- I’m a modder and I’d like to join your team
Message us on ModDB or The3rdAge.
- I'm a nice person and want to support you in some other way.
We have a Patreon page for that.
- Do you have a Discord?
- Will you add walls to Mordor?
- Will you fix War of the Ring mode?
It's very low priority right now but possibly in the future.