Story: James - 30th year physicist from New York. Today he's got a long-waited letter and preparing for his first trip across the ocean. Wouldn't it be last trip in his life? Language: English, Russian
I really enjoyed this mod! it really scared me quite some times. It didn't have any cheap jumpscares like those teleporting naked people just flying right at your face. And I don't know how you managed to do it, but you actually got models for different monsters in the game without it being a full conversion mod! The story was really great too. It wasn't the basic ''you wake up in a castle and you don't know why you're here, so let's go and explore this castle'' story. The only thing I wonder is why it's called 'The Grey Eagle'? Because that wasn't clear too me. Anyway really good Custom story! Keep up the good work!
The first thing I would like to say is thank you to the author for the fast and efficient help when I requested it. I was unable to do the dog area due to a bug. Once we got that problem addressed I was finally able to finish my LP.
This custom story had some very unnerving atmosphere. The level design was unique and had some interesting transitions, such as travelling through an Iron Maiden in a prison to come out from another in a completely different outdoor environment. The train area was a nice touch too, and definitely not anything I had expected. Keep making stories man, and I'll keep playing em.
Lastly I just want to say I agree with the majority call here on an anti-climatic ending, but other than that a quality cs and one definitely worth a playthrough.
It has so much! Good story, amazing level design, scary and funny monsters, good scares, nice puzzles. Sometimes it was a bit chaotic and you had just no idea where you where or where you were going. But in the end you would find your way again and advance further in this adventure. Enjoyed it very much! 9/10
Let me start off by saying i really really really wanted to give this a 10. I thoroughly enjoyed playing your custom story and this review will be split into the pros and the one con i found whilst playing this mod...
- Very unique story - Some of the aspects i'd never seen before so well done there
- Different monsters - Loved some of the monsters in the mod especially the dog which was very scary
- Choice of ending - Offers a nice variation which some do not
- Maps - Very detailed and looked nice
- FrameRate - flowed pretty much flawlessly throughout my time playing the mod
- The Dog section - It took me a seriously long amount of time what to do here (in the end i ended up on youtube) so perhaps a little more instruction could be used and also the howling of the dog shouldn't be constant like it was
Overall this is certainly one of the better mods on the site and if you're reading this thinking about downloading, just do it. It has a nice length to it and gives you one or two well planned scares along the way :)
As i said above i wanted to give a 10 for large parts of the mod but the dog section let it down to a 9 but in all fairness it's a 9.9 :D
- Good duration, not too big nor too small.
- No cheapscares
- Creepy atmosphere, the kind that, if you read the notes, will make you go like "oh shieee---" half the time. I know I did
- Light puzzles so the general tone of the CS doesn't suffer from this
Really enjoyed it. Waiting to see more from you
Great until I got to the part where you have to fix the broken pipe with tar. When I tried to fix it, I put the tar first and then it said "I need glue" or something. The text is implying that the pipe is there and its actually not. Once this is fixed 10/10.