You are to be "Grobuskna Vladinov" a detective who has been tracking retired Nazi officers who are still breathing freely. His family got executed during the second world war, and recently he found out who did it, his name is "Dr. Schienzel" and he lives deep inside "Forest swastika" in Germany, he was Josef Mengele's secret right hand, he helped him with his inhumane treatments and experiments on the human body. Now Grobuskna is to get to his location, and you are going to decide what will happen next!
The Forgotten Ones has been converted to SDK 2013, this has solved all crash related issues. No hacky workarounds has not been needed to make the mod enjoyable this time...
The Forgotten Ones v2.3.0 has finally arrived, the true savior... All past issues has been clarified now that the mod has been converted to SDK 2013!
Too bad that this was not the initial first release, for those who still have faith in the mod. Thanks! Hopefully you'll give it a last chance.
For 64-Bit by default move/extract the tfo folder to: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\"
For 32-Bit by default move/extract the tfo folder to: "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\"
Make sure Source SDK Singleplayer 2013 is installed!
For any reports or discussions visit our homepage / forums at www.tfo-mod.com!
Report any errors you find here, we'd appreciate it a bunch!
Error reporter: Tfo-mod.com
@Startup intro, viewer discretion is advised!
IF YOU CHANGE THE SCREEN RESOLUTION OR ANY GRAPHICAL SETTING THEN RESTART THE MOD OR ELSE VGUI STUFF WILL CRASH!!!
IF YOU CAN'T LOCATE TFO / THE FORGOTTEN ONES IN THE STEAM LIBRARY THEN USE THE LAUNCHER TO START THE MOD INSTEAD!
IF YOU GET STUCK THEN CHECK THE HINT(S) FOLDER FOR A SMALL WALKTHROUGH!
OPEN AUTOEXEC IN THE CFG FOLDER AND CHANGE THE:
ALSO DELETE TFO_STORED OR CHANGE THE VALUES TO 1 INSIDE THAT CFG TOO!
DELETING TFO_STORED WILL DELETE SAVES IF YOU CRASHED BEFORE YOU REMOVE IT!
- Fixed instant holster/weapon select crash
- Fixed buggy metal decals
- Fixed buggy transit in chapter 2 : Mainhall/Basement & Chapter 3 to chapter 2 outside
- Fixed map bugs in chapter 4 + chapter 4 escape maps
- Added an extra easter egg map...
- Enabled console
- Fixed Dialogue Panel texture issue
- Fixed low FPS in forest
- Fixed low-volume VO sounds
- Updated the FMOD sound system to the latest revision
- Added options to toggle main menu (only in code)
- Fixed player animation state hacking ( thirdperson / mirror / dialogue )
- Added hand pickup fix, smooth version + sounds has been added
- Fixed precaching issues, clean up code etc...
- Fixed some BossBar & Thirdperson issues in the last boss scene in Chapter 4
- Fixed inventory bugs
- Optimized hotel, forest, chapter 4 maps more!
- Fixed weird mirror in basement map
- Fixed NPC precache issue and npc crash issue ( zombies )
- And as always some more small / minor bug fixes and tweaks!
- Cleaned up / Removed old unecessary code.
- Applied a mat_picmic force to reduce material quality in certain risky areas.
- Added some new re-textures from Dr. Medic, thanks!
- Changed forcepreload convars from 0 to 1 by default, this convar should work well now!
- Hacky areas / lag spikes has been fixed
- Forest crash and other crashes should be eliminated...
- Re-added and re coded everything over to the latest engine, SDK 2013 branch.
- Supporting Linux & Mac
- Supporting Occulus Rift & Omni Virtual Reality...
- 64-Bit support & multi core support
- Changed the glow effect to glow from an X distance instead of only when looking straight at the item!
- Changed thirdperson camera angles and distance.
- Fixed dialogue bugs in Chapter 4, Door sound bug in rightwing, removed npcs at the end of chapter 4 escape 2 map when you drive the car out from the mansion
- Fixed weapon pickups so that you now can pickup any new weapon without owning extra mags for it.
- Added overlays and fog to chapter 1 forest again + moved torch weapon to be at the entrance of the public baths for easier notice.
- Fixed the bossbar, it no longer displays after dying in Chapter 4.
- You can now open the piano puzzle chest with the sledgehammer as well...
- Fixed dialogue pop up empty bug in the hotel map in chapter 1.
- Confirmed that 32-bit users also will be able to play without crashing. Crashes has been fixed!!!
- Changed the Stephano pickups to be more challenging and fun, if you die or save it will reset the counter, and you will get a hot reward when you reach 3/5!
The TFO Launcher has been included:
To install/use the launcher just export it to any directory, for example your desktop.
You don't need to worry about setting up directories, the launcher checks through your registry. Hence that this means it checks for steam folder path!
Which means non-steam will probably not work!
Error code: "Sourcemods or Steam folder not found!"
If this issue occurs you've most likely installed steam/sourcemods outside the regular or you're using non-steam.
For now the launcher won't support that.
- Allows you to open TFO directly
- Allows you to set specific command arguments, such as -console and +cl_forcepreload 1 and +sv_forcepreload 1 ( performance fixes ).
- Allows you to set extra launch commands if you wish so, check the list underneath for available options!
Changes in v2.3.0 launcher:
- The launcher now saves the console, performance check and the custom command line option so you don't need to re-type it everytime you open the launcher.