Year 2552. The Earth is no longer habitable since year 2401 due to the atmosphere collapse and temperature rise in planet Earth. Human race has been forced to live in the different colonized planets into the Solar System. This was called "The Second Exodus". After the "Enceladus Atmosphere Implementation Program" (EAIP) succeeded in year 2295, Saturn's moon ENCELADUS turned into the most important human colony into the Solar System altogether with Titan's. Even though the extreme cold conditions are still uncontrollable in a 40% of Enceladus, there's liquid water produced during the EAIP in a almost a 35% of its surface, enabling the proper ecosystem for human being subsistence and many other life forms... Due to its perfect gravity conditions (very similar to the Earth's) after the EAIP, ENCELADUS colony became a planet of interest to Aperture Laboratories to develop its more ambitious testing program, The Enceladus Initiative.
Year 2552. The Earth is no longer habitable since year 2401 due to the its atmosphere collapse and temperature rise in planet Earth. Human race has been forced to live in the different colonized planets into the Solar System. This was called "The Second Exodus"... MORE INFO:
Welcome test subjects! The Enceladus Initiative welcomes you all! Ready to play some?? Let's do it! :D
This map is the map I submitted to the Super Mapping Contest at TWP. I didn't ever link the map here due to the fact that it was kind of a Total Disaster (hehe). The short time to develop a map from scratch led me to not test it properly and polish it as I would like to. It's 1 month since the end of the contest and I've been working on the map until I'm satisfied with the result... and so I hope you are too :D
My intention was to take the chance the contest afforded me to arrange something new, but at the same time, something I could use later on in the mod. As I planned to create an opposite atmosphere to the warm and sandy looking chambers I've been showing here in the mod's website, I thought the contest was the perfect opportunity to start doing so, and the result is this map.
It's a MEDIUM-HARD difficulty fling-based map along 3 main chambers. No glitches, ninja movements or crazy things are involved, seriously! Only logic is required and a certain ability to control flinging, that's all.
I've added an easter egg too for those who wants more challenge It's not so difficult but it's funny to reach! Try!
Special thanks to:
- Greykarel: Grey, man, you're incredible, thanks for your help playing it again and again and with the skybox technical improvements... I owe you one!
- Markiu: Marc, thanks my friend for test this map in each version and for finding all those ninja movements for breaking the map that only you are capable of ... And also for suggesting/inspiring the easter egg!
- Zivi7: Chris, thank you so much for testing it all the times and let me know your detailed comments on issues and annoyances!
You're awesome guys!! There's an overlay for each of you hidden in the map... go find them and take a picture!
- Vanessa, my graphic designer and friend. Artwork, signage and skybox colour correction by her... you are the best! don't leave me ever!
- Neco: Necati, I have missed you all this time my friend!
And finally, thanks a ton to Thinkingwithportals.com, I wouldn't known what I know about mapping now without the community, thanks from the bottom of my heart!
- Portal's Light rail platforms by Skotty (thanks for that man, awesome stuff as all you make!)
- Original Skybox by Komaock
- Original design of the light supports by my dear friend Neco.
VIDEO SOLUTION TO THE "NORMAL" RUN (no easter egg part) IS AVAILABLE IN MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
- v2.1: changed the height of a portalable wall that allowed an important unintended movement (thanks Sickle). Added some more tweaks.
- v2.2: changed player model from "Bendy" to "Chell". Added many particles and effects. Fixed the bug on the water reflections when shader details settings are set to "low"/"medium".
- v2.3: minor changes. Removed unintended move for the easter egg part (thanks to comoros94). Added a reflector-cube respawning at room 2 (in order to prevent that the player has to get back to room 1 to solve it again and get the cube back). Fixed a possible player's lock at final steps in dot2 (thanks to Mr. Waterhandle)