The Call of the Fireflies is a puzzle-based singleplayer mod for Crysis. There's no guns, explosions or nanosuits involved. Just an old man who follows mysterious fireflies through mountains and dark caves, sleeping villages and frozen woods, and has to use all kinds of mechanisms to open his path, while battling to stay alive in the winter cold.
This is an updated version of the Call of the Fireflies which solves a bunch of small bugs and glitches that could spoil the fun.
Here's the changelog:
- Fixed the negative lights in the dark caves showing through the fog in the woods.
- Fixed the lack of fog in the cavern and canyon, which was due to a badly placed trigger shape.
- Fixed absent flow particles under the spinning bridges
- Fixed the control wheel in the cavern that would keep spinning after the animation stopped
- Fixed the collisions of the elevator that blocked the way out
- Fixed the torches that didn't heal immediately when turned on
- Fixed the collisions of the doors in the village
- Reduced the default speed a bit, making it easier to navigate on ledges but more challenging to complete the excavation part
- Fixed the menu music looping after loading a saved game by disabling the volume of the music
- Removed an obsolete autosave when picking up the pickaxe
- Fixed a physics glitch on the traintrack barrier
- Disabled suit modes that could still be activated by shortcuts
- Added missing fireflies on the first tree and basket puzzle
- Fixed the triggers around the baskets that open the sliding bridge, which could be triggered twice