We have released The Ball Part 2: Oztoc! The Ball is the winner of the Make Something Unreal contest Phase 1, having won both Best Gametype and Best Use of Physics.
The Ball is a first person singleplayer puzzle mod with an Aztec theme to it. The mod takes place in a mysterious Aztec temple, at the top of a volcano. The player has to use the Impact Gun to move a large steel ball around and utilise that ball to solve puzzles and get around obstacles. Impact Gun aside, the mod uses all new custom art to establish a unique, stylish, and atmospheric experience.
Oztoc is many times larger than Pehua, the first release, and features many improvements and additions:
- Meet the ruler and guardian of the temple. This king will observe the player as he progresses through the level.
- Enjoy a brand new ball with improved behaviour and a simple but efficient hud.
- Puzzle your way through two new levels, together about four to five times the size of the Pehua level.
- Experience a whole number of new gameplay mechanics such as water, arrows, exploding balls, movable walls, and so on.
- An improved Pehua level, including one new puzzle and a little intro scene that introduces the simple background story.
- Dozens of bug fixes and small improvements.
Our Core Development Team for Oztoc:
- Hourences - Environment Art, Game and Level Design, Art Direction
- Rendermonkey - Level scripting
- MrE - Character modeling (the king)
- Tores - Character modeling (the ball and monkey)
- SolidSnake - Programming
- Setheran - Level design, Environment Art, Level Scripting
Additional Help by:
- David Green - programming
- Utz - Animation
- Zynthetic - Voice Acting
- Manti - King skin touch up