Tales of Middle Earth (ToME) is the first ever fully playable total conversion for AoK based on the works of J.R.R Tolkien. Featuring full 18 realms of...
Hey Tolkien fanboys (and fangirls),
Make sure to check out the new showcase screenshots for the full version of Tales of Middle Earth, coming soon! featuring Harad, Rivendell, and Rhun, just 3 of the 18 civilizations available in this Tolkien inspired mod for Age of Empires II
Full version improvements over the beta will include:
• All new Rohan/Rhovanion buildings
• All new Harad buildings
• All new Rhun buildings
• All new Rivendell buildings
• Additional variations for some civ's buildings.
• Dozens of new units, as well as over a hundred new unit graphics added since the beta.
• Individual graphics for each unit line based on race or civ.
• Heroes, new technologies, and super units at the wonder.
• All terrains, cliffs, and forests have been reskinned.
• Over a hundred new editor objects/buildings/units.
• New gameplay features like dwarven mines and tax collectors
• In depth balance changes and revamped technologies based on beta release feedback.
A release date still has not been set, but we are getting close! So keep an eye out for more screenshots and updates.
Highest Rated (4 agree) 10/10
Excellent game. Units are have amazing detail. I don't like the design of the Elven buildings but hey, that's just opinion. I haven't noticed any glaring glitches. **Just a few problems... After opening the game a few times, it stopped playing 'Lord of the Rings main theme' and replaced it with the standard medley. I suppose that if I reinstalled it, it would work just fine but I'm far too lazy. I noticed that Rohan, as an AI, will build the Hornburg rather than the standard castle for that type…
Dec 30 2012 by Black__Mesa