Learn about the new, remasterized and enhanced edition of The Rise of A Legend set to be released later in March.
Posted by Also_known_as_Peter on Mar 11th, 2011
It has been almost a month since The Rise of A Legend was released. Though some time constraints and personal issues kept us from pleasing everyone with it, a patch was in the works about a day ater the release. That patch has since then grown and become more complex, to the extent that it could be considered a whole new edition. The changes in it are too many to describe, but the more important ones are listed below:
- Fixed typos and grammar error.
- Revised ALL dialogues, making sure that they are more coerent and offer better immersion.
- Added multiple ways to finish the Main Quest and added a few sidequests.
- Included the Community Music Pack, that will add new music to the game.
- Fixed many bugs, including: Missing scripts, wrong head/body models, overpowered creatures, catapults not firing at the battle of Mavet, (also in Mavet) fixed bug where the battle would end too soon.
- Added new dialogue and NPCs and new enemies, such as the Lich-Lord of Bulcha, who will serve as a general and antagonist during the game.
- NPCs now react to your alignment, class and the way you solved quests.
- Aded new equipment.
- Added new areas.
- Added more customization options to the Player, to use in either his/hers character or companions.
- Added new lightning and sounds to some areas. For example, as you near the Lich's Hideout, the sky will turn Red and moaning sounds will appear.
- Added the "Battle of Lichfield" quest, where you and your companions plus the survivors of a village under attack by the Lich's forces battle against the army of undead, demons and dragons of the Lich-Lord.
- And there will be **two** versions of the remastered edition: An "Hard" one (companions are killable, no respawn, battles are tougher) And a, "Regular" one (companions are imortal, there is respawn, new powerful equipment and loot can be found).
Release date: Expect it to be released sometime in March.
Still haven't played the original? Download it here: