Patch 780 gives all classes the same DR as each other for leveling, increases the debuff on end game raids to compensate. All gear requirements are now...
Synergies is full conversion and balance mod for Torchlight 2!
Towns in Synergies
- Synergies adds 2 Custom made towns ( Table Mountain and Selrock ) each one of them has it's own specific vendors.
Changes to the Balance of the Game.
- Reworked difficulty settings. Synergies is built around Veteran and Elite, but the MOD itself is much harder than the Vanilla version of the game, you will notice this from the start.
- Random affixes on each monster that you encounter, making them unique.
- Reworked Skill unlock Rate, they unlock at a earlier rate, but take longer to progress between points, ending at or above vanilla standards.
- Reworked Fame Levels, a total of 50 to unlock!
- Reworked Enchantment Stats, lower stat enchants allow for end game progression and better balance.
- Vanilla Characters Skills have begun to be reworked to address the balance changes. We plan to continue tweaking them.
- The ability to store gold and to transfer it between your characters through the money changer!
- The ability to summon your Stashes everywhere
- Respec and Stat potions.
- Gear is better, monsters are harder, all bosses are harder.
- Green and Blue magical items have better affix rates, Uniques have better base DPS and Armor.
- Two handed and dual wielding have better bonus's to bring them closer to the benefit of wearing a shield.
- Monsters spawn more numerous throughout the game.
Crafting in Synergies
- A whole new crafting system (Soulcrafting), only found in Synergies for end game armor!
- Chaos Ember Crafting.
- Craftable Damage absorption gems (up to 7% in DR).
Synergies Legendary Items
- Over 300 new Legendary equipment, 30 in general play through, 90 in tier0 content and 240+ in tier1 content!
Endgame Dungeons in Synergies
1) Derinkuyu Raid (Tier0)
Derinkuyu is a custom dungeon only found in Synergies. In here you will find 18 Synergies exclusive Bosses that each drop a Synergies Legendary equipment.
Getting to the bosses is really hard because you have to fight your way through hundreds of unique monsters. Each and every one of the portals is guarded by a Guardian Spirit, can you defeat him ?
2) Or'ak Basin Zone (Tier 0.5)
This is the Troll homeland. This place is filled with Ancient Trolls that try to kill you. In here you will find Synergies Legendary equipment and Legendary Skulls in order to make your character stronger, this zone is also subjected to a minor debuff making it harder to progress through without a end game load out.
3) Darknessfalls Raid (Tier1)
Darknessfalls is an outdoor raid dungeon that will sport all the newest and hardest boss encounters in the dungeon, and be the place where you collect all the highest end game items within synergies. The zone has a 30% debuff to the player allowing for more growth and longevity in the loot searching.
Alternative leveling dungeons
4) Realms of Discord Leveling dungeon
The Realms of Discord are a series of small dungeons all chained to each other. It is currently the best place to level up your characters because every monster scales to your level. In here you will find the following levels.
Catacombs, Generic Cave, Desert Cave, Bandit Camp, Gorge, Ice Pass, Sewers, Dwarven Armory, The Nether, Crab Trap, levels and 6 Boss fights that have been reworked and added to for Synergies.
5) The Unstable Embers (alternative leveling)
The Unstable Embers are a portal scroll bought in Selrock. Going into the zone and destroying the Crystals you will get to fight a series of Monsters and Bosses. Can you Survive all the waves and make it through this dungeon alive ?
6) Clockwork series of swarm maps
Can be bought from the Selrock vendors as well. Opening a portal to the Clockwork zone. You fight swarms of Champions, or boss monsters or community mercenaries depending on which one you enter. These scale to your level and can be a very interesting and fun alternative means to level.
Custom Classes in Synergies
- Synergies offers currently 3 custom Classes, these are :
1) The Necromancer - the spell casting, melee capable minion master is back at it in SynergiesMOD!
2) The Paladin - The close in your face fighting style, being developed by Ghostblade!
3) The Warlock - A duo chargebar using Melee capable spellcaster that is extremely unique in its design. Take on the Nether or Hell itself, play a warlock!
We are currently making plans in order to add more classes to the game.
- The ability to find and Summon Mercenaries in order to help you with your fights, found in end game dungeons.
- New HP / Mana and Fame UI
- New pets associated with the Necromancer, Paladin and Warlock
- New Hero monsters
- New Elite monsters
- New Rare Dragons
- New Ancient Trolls
- New Roaming world bosses in the regular play through!
- New avenging Angels
Future of Synergies
Our goal is to completely convert Torchlight 2's balance into a more unforgiving and exciting experience. Ultimately we want to make an act 5 and likely act 6 for this game. Our Dev team is working on new Textures for models, maps, new classes, new sounds for the characters, and icons for the characters. Expect to be surprised by the quality of our releases and a dev team which is dedicated to being active both in development but community building. On top of that we the creator of this mod, Salan, has worked for over 13 months on this project, sometimes with excessively large updates on a weekly to daily basis.
Synergies Useful Links
Synergies Social Media sites
Synergies Rapid Respec
A Guide to Synergies
Synergies Latest Patch Notes
The current Dev team of Synergies:
Salan - All encompassing mod creator and developer, does everything.
Ghostblade - Class developer, Paladin, then something new.
Strukto - Item developer, currently adding low to mid level legendaries to the general playthrough
Kelintor - Selrock zone developer, reworking his quest hubs and zones
Greatname - Sound Developer, working on spell effects and quest voice overs
MFS88 - Model and texture artist responsible for almost all of the unique models and textures
Hermundure - Artist working on Icons throughout the game
Hampton - Artist that did the portraits for the classes within synergies
Joe Chip - Forum moderator and documentor of all things synergies (like this post)
Rimbaldi - Quest Developer, working on quests, Skill descriptions and over all grammar.
FluffyDough - Website design and programmer
Currently awol Dev members of Synergies
Soryuu, Cy, Nursury, SupercolidingButton, Stormchaser, Catdog
also art work allowed to be used by Attackgorrilla from team torcher includes the 5 rare dragon skins and Drek's skin: Sites.google.com
WARNING ON MOD CONFLICTS and PERMISSION OF USE OF SYNERGIES IN ANY COMPILATION.
SynergiesMOD adds or changes 18000+ files and is updated in an aggressively active manner. This mod is known to conflict with other large conversions, or compilation mods. Combining use of two large mods seems to work generally in Singleplayer but can cause SYNC issues with Multiplayer where the host of the game crashes to desktop. This is purely a mod conflict. Mods known to conflict with synergies and NOT work in the Multiplayer enviroment: TL2 Essentials (which shares close to 1200+ files with synergies).
Be aware that Synergies BINDS your saves, back up your save before playing synergies if you intend to remove it.
The video above talks you through some of the finer and earlier points of the overhaul. Shows you real-world use of the skills within Derinkuyu and Darknessfalls, and shows the process of the Troll king encounter as a Lightning mage!
The Embermage Lightning skill page has long been held as the ugly step child of all skill pages. It revolved around 5 individual direct damage attack spells, 1 ground clutter sentry, and a health survival skill for its active cast skills. No other skill page in the game had so many skills within it that had absolutely no synergies between them.
Skills on the Lightning page that did not change with this overhaul:
Tier1 Prismatic Bolts
Tier5 Deaths Bounty
Passive Tier3 lightning Brand
Skills that were replaced with this overhaul:
Tier2 Shocking Burst has been replaced by a new pointblank area of effect Thunderstorm.
Tier6 Shocking bolts has been replaced by a new ranged version of shocking bolts.
Tier7 Shocking Orbs has been replaced by a new sentry version of shocking orbs.
Skills that were slightly altered with this overhaul:
Tier3 Thunder locus allows more casting of the Locus per tier
Tier4 Arc Beam gains charge when hitting enemies
Passive Tier1: Prismatic Rift no longer teleports, but debuffs enemies
Passive Tier2: Wand Chaos no longer teleports or blinds enemies
Other Embermage skills that were altered with this overhaul:
Ice skill page Tier2 Hailstorm no longer debuffs electricity damage!
Lets take a look at the 5 active cast spell changes in order..
A pointblank storm that leaves enemies debuffed to lightning damage!
Creating multiple thunder locus's, +1 per tier!
Now generates 20% charge on hit, and 40% when it arcs!
Creating an artillery like missile that delivers the bolts in a 360 degree arc from impact.
Creating an orb that attaches and follows the player. The orb shoots faster as skill level improves.
To see the skills in action, watch the video at the top!
Latest tweets from
It can take up to a few hours for tweets to begin appearing.