Star Wars Conquest is a Mount&Blade module which transforms a medieval world into the far, far away galaxy... with the same premises than the original game, this module offers an open sandbox where the player can do anything he wants. Based on a Galactic map and hundreds of planets.
|Some Suggestions||Post Reply|
|Jul 2 2013, 11:02pm Anchor|
So I recently got back into this mod having seen that the new version was released and I have to say, it definitely didn't disappoint. You've definitely delivered an even higher quality than before, something that I wasn't sure was even possible, so congratulations once again!
I'm not sure how heavily this mod is still in development or if there are any plans to further development, but I had some suggestions that I wanted to make nonetheless, perhaps in the hope we may see them one day!
1) More factions. I know this is thrown around a lot but I really think it would add heaps of new content to the game. Some factions, for example the Zann Consortium, wouldn't even really need [m]any new models to work well
2) More cultures for player kingdoms. I think this is self-explanatory, however some things I'd like to see are maybe Black Sun and all the main race cultures.
3) Constructable outposts / battlestations. This is a suggestion (along with 4) that I have absolutely no idea how easily implemented it would be. However, I wanted to detail it anyway. So, assuming that you have an absurd amount of money (~500,000 credits?) you would be able to construct some kind of planetary outpost that would function as your own vanilla castle as such. It could be upgradeable with different features such as a merchant district, a cantina etc. Honestly there's just something about this that really appeals, although as I said, I have no idea how difficult to implement this would be.
4) Planetary Outposts. Similarly to the option above this would entail creating temporary or permanent outposts on the surface of planets that would serve as a base of sorts. The details (in the unlikely instance that this is even considered) could be decided by the team
5) Multiple cities on planets. Again I have no idea how difficult this would be to implement but it might be cool to have the planet with multiple settlements on it, for example Tattooine could have Mos Eisley as the capital which functions as the town, whilst there are numerous smaller moisture farming settlements on the surface?
As I've said, I have no idea how easily any of these ideas could be implemented or if the team even plans to continue working on the mod, I just wanted to get these off my chest. Once again I'd like to thank the team for creating one of the best and most finely polished mods I've ever had the pleasure of playing.
|Jul 8 2013, 5:49pm Anchor|
Hmmm...........good ideas. I've always wanted to make my own places (in the origional it was towns, etc.) and not have to invade some random guy. Now, the 5th thing you said, multiple plants, could be solved by making multiple planets within one space. Then, when you click on it, it would have that list, with all the places to go. This would make conquoring planets much harder for people and NPCs. Also, only the Capital city would control the smaller planets. That could be balenced by making each city have a garrison of, say, 75 troops. Now, with your 'planetary outposts' idea, this could be made better by you being able to either make an outpost on an already settled planet, or on a planet farther out, on the edge of the galaxy. But they might not like that, because it's non-canon. This is already a great mod, so, well....yeah. Thanks for reading.
Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.