StroggDM - You Are The Strogg!-
Welcome, fellow Stroggo, to the arena! You, and many other Stroggos will be competing in a competition for the best fighter. When you enter the arena, pick your strogg type, and get fighting!
This version includes Stroggs from Mission Pack1, The Reckoning and Mission Pack 2, Ground Zero.
Paril here, creator of Strogg Deathmatch (here-on referred to as StroggDM), and many other mods including Action Plus, Medieval and COOP-XTREME.
This mod pins you in Quake2 maps, whichever you want, with all weapons replaced with ammo. Why? Because you're a Strogg, you cannot use Human weapons. Anyways, when you enter, follow the menu to select your Strogg class. Once you enter the game, get ready to feel the best Strogg experience you're ever had. Get ready to "Be the Strogg, Feel the Strogg and Fight the Strogg!"
This mod is very popular around the Quake2 Cafe', and everywhere else I've showed it. This mod is for anyone who loves the Strogg, and for those who missed the days of QWar2.
My Quake2 mod, StroggDM, has had a recent old update.. If that even makes any sense. This update has been sitting on my HD for testing purposes, and I never had a chance to release it for two and a half months now.
Anyway, here it is though. StroggDM 7.1!
The Final version of 7.0 was a big hit, and was about 80% finished. Although I told everybody that it was not the FINAL FINAL version and I might continue it some day, and a few months ago was that some day. The new version includes something everyone has long awaited; bots! Yes, that's right, bots.
The bots are my own creation, 100% my own code. I have not given them a name, but I should, as I have used them in Dirty:ENHANCED (An addon to Mr.Grim's Action Quake remake called Dirty) aswell.
A few specifications about the StroggDM bot version:
- Their AI is very small, and not very smart. They will go around the map in random directions searching, and will take you down when they find you. They have zero tollerance towards those who oppose them.
- They do not, as of yet, work in Teamplay (teamplay_classes and teamplay_landtype), it is something I will work on in the next version.
- They randomly select their class when they spawn and will continue randomly selecting on every death.
- Because of issues with them not being real clients, anything that is stuffed to a client will not take effect. This causes them to all move at the same speed.
- Their bboxes differ from how they work on players.. It's a bit hard to notice, but if you try it out, you'll see.
- They continue to fire, even when out of ammo.
There is a bit more, but that is the main stuff.
I also updated the main StroggDM a bit more, here they are:
- Fixed a few abilities; some fired at wrong angles
- Optimised ClientThink
- Fixed a crash with the hooks
- The hook won't be targetted by the autoaim
- Optimised file size of the archive, removed unnessicary files.
- Added a FAQs section to it.
- JORG's idle sound has been reverted to playing every 10.5 seconds; it got annoying if you stepped, stopped, stepped, stopped..
- Widow's death optimised, less gibs.
My site (http://paril.gaminggalaxy.net) had a recent hacking issue, so the downloads are down, but I will make sure this gets to my site as soon as possible.
As usual, the source to this version will be released alongside the binaries for you who want to see my messy code.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.