Play the first ever Stargate BF2 mod Stargate: La Releve with, two factions: one from our own planet, based on the American army, in a war against ancient...
Stargate : La Releve ("The Relief" in english) is a French mod developed both on BF2 and BF2142 engine. We do not promote our mod a lot, so, maybe, you don't know it, but we are working on it since BF42 was released. Our mod will allow players to play Taur'i and Goa'uld.
Our first priority is to change totally the BF2 gameplay. So don't worry, Stargate: The Relief is everything except a BF2 clone.
It will be a multiplayer mod. Any character from the TV show will be include, only soldiers and SG member teams, Goa'uld and Jaffa. We do that because it’s a multiplayer mod.
We are working hard to create a very immersive gameplay, giving you the feeling to be in the TV show, to take part of the war between Goa'uld and Taur'i. Here is a part of what we are working on :
Stargate la Releve is an asymmetrical gameplay, each side with their strengths and weakness. Teamplay is required to reach victory !
To do such thing we are working on more than 40 new weapons (all already seen in the TV show !):
- Tau’ri weapons, like the P90, MP5, Beretta, G36k, M249, M60, Spas12, AT4, Stinger and many else more !
- Goa'uld weapons, like Jaffa Staff Weapon, Zat, TER, Shock Grenade, Goal'uld Cannon, Hand of Gods and many else more !
Weapons are nothing if their is anybody to carry them and shot with them:
- Play as Anubis Supersoldiers and move deeply into the enemy lines with your very powerful armor giving you an excellent protection against normal weapons ! But be carefull, some Tau'ri’s weapons will kill you in one shot, so advance with your teammates like Jaffa Warrior or Jaffa Priest !
- Sodan Warriors could join the Tau'ri forces in some maps !
Stargate: The Relief isn’t just weapons, it’s also vehicles:
- Use the Death Gliders to fight against the Tau’ri’s X-302 !
- Use the Jumper to transport your teammates on big maps !
It’s also a soundscape come from the TV show to give you the best immersion possible ingame !
And it’s also planets, as we know on BF2 engine as maps:
- Like Abydos or Chulak, Erebus and Dakara, recreated and designed from the TV show ! more some BF2 vanilla maps for the fun...
Stargate la Relève will also see new games mods, like "Destruction" or "Replicator's Strike" and for BF2142, “Assault the Enemy ship” and destroy the Hata'k's reactor !
"CryENGINE 3 Free SDK, originally called Sandbox Editor, is the current version the level editor used to create levels for the CryENGINE line of game engines by Crytek. Tools are also provided within the software to facilitate scripting, animation, and object creation. It has been included with various Crytek games (including, but not limited to, Crysis and Far Cry), and is used extensively for modding purposes. The editing style is that of the sandbox concept, with the emphasis on large terrains and a free style of mission programming."
Why not ? :)