Stargate Invasion Progress Report July (Week 4)
Last week, the go ahead was given to anyone who wants to make spotlight videos with some conditions which I've added below. We continue moving forward with the mod and in the past few weeks there have been changes and fixes to various sections. Below is a log of these changes.
For anyone that wishes to post spotlight videos featuring SGI:
- please mention that this is an early access build and that not everything is as we intend it to be
- since this is an incomplete mod, don't treat the spotlight video as a review. Presenting the work is fine but comments about what should have been included are obviously not since we may already have plans that we haven't stated. Once we are ready, we will let you all know that reviewing is in order.
- before making the video, download and install the mod again from google drive so that you are featuring the latest version.
- check that the file count is correct. Current numbers are: With Google Drive Sync: 7148 files, 11 folders
Without Sync: 7136 files, 11 folders.
Thanks for sticking to the above! Now for our change-log:
- updated Strings for Asuran Research, most of the less obvious research descriptions have now been written so this should improve playability. Some of these were also renamed to match their Ability names.
- missing string for Asuran Active Protective Shutdown ability added
For the Human Faction:
- BC304 (Daedalus) Heavy Cruiser beams firing rate was reduced (11 seconds) in order to balance it
- Heroes (Daedalus and similar) received the full firing rate and power of the Asgard Beam Weapons. All Asgard Beam Abilities were replaced with Asgard Pulse Ability
- Human Titan Rail Gun now has a range of 12000 instead of 80000.
For the Asuran Faction
- the Lagrangian Satellite/Lagrangian Beam Ability
this is no longer a Superweapon and can be built freely if enough tactical slots are available, it requires 6 instead of 18 slots and costs 3000 credits instead of the previous cost of 8000
Orbital Lagrangian Beam Ability with 13000 range and 90000 damage with 75 second recharge
Lagrangian Beam Ability cannot target Frigates or Cruisers, only Titans, Starbases, Capitals and Structures/Modules
- Protected Shutdown Ability Cooldown increased from 5 seconds to 10 seconds
- Orbital Drone Platform:
Orbital Drone Frenzy and AntiFighter Drone Swarm abilities created and added
- Orbital Beam Defense weapon changed to GateSatellite Beam. It is now much more powerful but has relatively limited range
- all Asuran Cloak abilities were modified to prevent the overuse of Drone Frenzy and other abilities while cloaked. The Cloak now increases Ability Cooldown substantially while cloaked so that only a single use of any ability is possible, the ship must de-cloak to recharge the ability
- Atlantis Titan now has up to 8 squadrons of fighters or bombers
- connected Asuran Lagrangian Satellite so that it must be researched before it can be built
- added Nano Weapons Jammer ability to Asuran Orbital Hyperspace Destabilizer
- added Disable Regeneration ability to Asuran Orbital Drone Platform
- Asuran Lagrangian Satellite now has an Ability point and a separate Lagrangian Beam Ability was created so that it fires a slightly different (more powerful, long range) Beam version
- added Protective Shutdown ability to Asuran Orbital Titan, Capital and Frigate factories
- corrected the particle effect for the Asuran Orbital Drone Platform, it now fires drones instead of vanilla effect
- Asuran Stargates now function as phase stabilizers and were given the Fleet Beacon ability that allows them to call in a reinforcement fleet
- scaled and modified the Human Titan Rail Gun particle effect so that it doesn't obscure the entire ship when fired
- Human Titan shield meshes were rebuilt and repositioned to fix clipping issues
The in game UI skins were completed and a new Race Selection screen was created by ELJefe. Here are the Race Selection setup screens:
The Shieldimpact FX file was modified somewhat to include Faction Shield Color. The effect is still very rough and needs a lot of work but it allows us to set colors depending on the faction and will not reflect the environment as before.
The Asuran Atlantis Titan has now been re-textured, this was done by Ace_Fighter. Here are some more images of the Titan in-game: Skfb.ly
Ademis has also completed the Asuran Starbase Constructor, which dotNfg will create UVs for so we can start the texturing process. The ship will be called the Rhea. Below are some screenshots:
Ace_Fighter has also been working on a couple high poly Asuran building models that will be placed on our Asuran hero base:
Some of you may already know who Dolynick is, but for those who don't he created the Stargate Races mod in the early days of Sins of a Solar Empire and since then he has moved on to Star Ruler 2 where he has created a bundle of Sci-Fi mods. In the recent months he has gone back and touched up some of his and our models and textures. Below are some screenshots:
Join our discord channel!
We have created a discord channel for all Stargate Fans! Come and chat with not only the Stargate Invasions developers, but also Stargate Pegasus Chronicles, Stargate-DOF, Stargate Utopia, Stargate Traits and Stargate Ships developers. Just click on the image below to join.