Hello dear community,
First of all we are sorry that we were not able to give you any news in both June and July. The past few months have been a little difficult for us because of some unexpected events at university, school, people having long working hours, illness and some private issues. We thank you for your patience and hope you understand. Nevertheless we have made progress, so don't let the missing news fool you.
To begin with, we have some general news for you:
1. We would like to congratulate Moddb.com for its 10th anniversary. We are not entirely sure when we joined this side, but one thing is certain; we owe it many of our greatest fans! We do have some key data for you:
- The first download was approved on the 23th of December in 2006
- The first news post was made the very same day
- The first comment made on our page which is still visible in our comments was made at the 31th of October 2007 by Ralok
- On September 17th, 2007 the first picture made its way into our gallery
- Including this news post, we now have 80 in total
- Our comments fill nearly 1900 pages
- We have 1850 follower on ModDB
- Our ModDB profile has more than 2 MILLION visits
In an article written by ModDB released on the occasion of its 10 year anniversary, you can see that SG: EaW was the most popular mod in both 2008 and 2009. In 2008 we stood up against 8575 other mods and in 2009 against 10988.
For this, we give you two pictures:
If you want to read this article on your own, it can be found here:
Having said this, we wish ModDB all the best and hope for at least ten more productive years!
2. As SG: EaW was the most popular mod in 2008 and 2009 we strive to repeat this achievement. We hope that you will support Stargate - Empire at War: Pegasus Chronicles as you have supported SG: EaW.
Luckily, Moddb.com created a new Ranking Button by which everyone can easily see the current rank of our mod.
This button is not only a part of this news post, and can also be found on our various social media pages.
3. Last but not least we actually have two winners in the map name contest which we had back in the June community action. We decided to give a name to both the planet (system) and the map, and you will find them in the following video. The same video also includes three more maps of which you can find screenshots and descriptions below.
In the Eye of the Storm (Maelstrom):
In this region of space called the Maelstrom, a unique neutron star is located whose gravitational field forces asteroids and debris to form a nebula. To study this phenomenon the Tau'ri stationed a small fleet nearby and established a research base. Now, Anubis wants to use the neutron star itself as a power source and strives to claim the region. The Wraith wants to catch both their enemies off guard and prepares to ambush them, although they are not directly interested in the neutron star. A fierce battle begins...
The Liberation of Celestis:
The Tau'ri plan to liberate Celestis as it would end the war with the Ori once and for all. But the task is more difficult than first expected, as the Ori fight back with all their might and the strong planetary defenses in orbit around their homeworld. In addition, the Wraith interfere in the fight - a Prior poses an irresistible opportunity to convert, all while Anubis hopes to secure valuable Ori technology after the battle.
To develop a new, inexhaustible energy source, the Tau'ri are examining a special and lone star. But as if it is not difficult enough to protect themselves in the vicinity of a sun from its deadly radiation and extreme heat, Anubis takes advantage of the situation and attacks the small Tau'ri fleet. His plan is to steal the data they have obtained and use the sun to power weapons of mass destruction. However, the situation grows even worse by the minute as the Wraith now wonder why two of their enemies are so interested in this sun in particular and descend into the fray.
The Remains of Doranda:
Doranda, once an experimental Ancient research outpost focusing on power generation, is now a vast field of gargantuan rubble consisting of torn pieces of the planet itself and many smaller asteroids. Yet in the midst of this dangerous area a damaged Ancient warship lies aflot in space and therefore the Tau'ri sent a fleet to locate and recover the vessel or scavenge any useful technology. Time is crucial, however, , as long range sensors have detected Wraith ships in the area and a small Goa'uld fleet on its way to the massive asteroid field. Who will claim the valuable flotsam and resist the dangers of the debris field in this lethal race against the clock?
That's it for this time. We hope you like what you've just seen and that you continue to support us all the way through!